World Cup 2006:Day 2

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by cao ci dan, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Regular Member

Yesterday, they also missed out the score Makis/Hendra vs Hong Kong pair, very unprofessional n slow updating!!!

2. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

strange website, they update but doesn't finish it

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui have taken the first set against Jo Novita/Gresya Polii 21-16 :cool:

4. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    According to yumaoqiu.net, 'Taofik' is leading 2nd set 19-18. That's all so far. That is so poor, misspelling his name like that.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

To me, the 2* Bitburger Open is more important as far as this week is concerned. That's where all the actions are, albeit, involving mostly European second-rate players.

In addition, we can see how the backup players like Tommy, Hendra A.G/Joko, Rani/Endang, Devin/Yunita are performing. I will be more delighted if these players/pairs can win their event!

The so called "World Cup" is just an exhibition tournament with no ranking points at stake. This was confirmed by Punch Gunalan. He said that the Invitational World Cup is merely for commercial purpose :cool:

Here's the quote from sports.sina.com.cn (with the bolded phrase translated above):

“不,不,不!益阳世界杯邀请赛并不是国际羽联在1997年中断了的世界杯赛的延续!”昨天下午,当记者打通国际羽联副主席古纳兰的手机,询问正在益阳进行的世界杯赛的情况时,他给出了这样的答复。他还证实,由于益阳世界杯只是一个邀请赛性质的商业比赛,所以获得这一比赛冠军的队员自然也就不能被称作是世界冠军。目前国际羽联的单项世界冠军赛只有一个,那就是世界锦标赛。

6. Peter_ned

Peter_ned Regular Member

Does anybody know the results of the second game of Taufik against Eric Pang?

7. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

maybe they don't like taufik :p

8. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

any1 know fu/cai result?

9. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

hey..

TH won by 21 to 19 if i aint mistaken..its either 18 or 19..could not remember.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Regular Member

Fu/Cai won 21-17, 21-10 against Hong Kong pair :cool:

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui have yet again beaten Jo Novita/Gresya Polii 21-16, 23-21. The Indonesian no 1 pair has to work hard if they are to win a bronze in the Asian Games. They hardly beat Wong/Chin, while head-to-head records against Saralee/Sathinee and Chien/Cheng are also not that good:cool:

12. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Some double pair has known clearly to beat Novita/Polii. They give high lob to INA double player. Novita/Polii played in super defence without attacking play, both players are short & small.
    I saw some matches betweem WPT/CEH against Novita/Polii. WPT is better compare to the others. I guess is WPT paired with same level with her, they will be dangerous pair. Same problems with INA pair, MAS also difficult to have 2 good women double player in same time. Better chance is WPT played in MX paired with player who focused in mixed.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Not going to happen, BAM doesn't see it fit to expend energy and resources into MX. Not even after the unexpected bronze in the last World Championships. :mad: If they need MX, like in Sudirman Cup, just pair up those men and women available for a quick fix.

BAM's focus remains on maintaining men's standards and improving the women's team. Somehow I think MX is still "taboo" in Malaysia :D

14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

how WPT paired with WCH in mixed ? or with CCE who didn't have partner in MD ?
    KKK is needed more in MD paired with CCM

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Chew Choon Eng has left BAM and is now paired with Hong Chieng Hun by the club (KLRC?). We can see how Wong Pei Tty can play well in the mixed. She is paired for the first time with Fairuz in the World Cup and managed to trouble both Nova/Butet and Xie/Zhang. They even took a set from Xie/Zhang today and lost in 3 sets :eek:

16. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone else have the results? Malaysia has no broadcast at all, so those living in china, be thankful!!

17. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

hey...

oh i see... glad that they'd won again! hehe.. thanks ya!! :)

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

World Cup Winner....is NOT A World Champion....?

If its just a invitation tourny than should it called as "World Cup" its so confusing ......What!! a World Cup winner is not a world Champion????....:confused:
    and Why should all this happened........I'm so sad for Badminton Sport....please change the name to somethings else.....:confused: :confused: In Soccer, Italy won the World Cup.... They are World Champion.......but not in Badminton......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: What IBF is doing.......:crying: :crying: :crying:

19. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

anyone know the result of julia wong? m'sia Ws...

20. Peter_ned

Peter_ned Regular Member

Does anybody know how the groupes work? Because Eric Pang beat Chen Hong, Taufik Hydayat beat Eric Pang today. What if Chen Hong beats Taufik Hidayat? Is it about + points of game average? I cound't find it on the website (My Chinese is pretty poor...)