very good comment abt taufik :)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I like Taufik (but I wouldn't call myself a "diehard fan"), I think he's cool and he's my favourite player to watch (except most of the times he plays LD :p). But I can see why some people don't like him, or his personality. It's fine to have your own opinion but don't attack other's.

Cooler I can see the humour in your posts but they are a bit provocative :cool:.

2. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

ohh his walk out against lin dan is very cool, i think from the beginning of badminton i never know a kind of players like taufik.

but lin dan ah rudy hartono is better than him, in marketing languange taufik makes a different, that's why i really like him, lin dan just another great player in badminton history in his age, so what the special or the different of lin dan

3. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Yet, he speaks the truth.:p

Basically Taufik needed a break from losing... Imagine trying to win the next "Big" tournament, with a close to 50% losing record prior to the tournament. Not to mention the fact that so far this year he only beat BCL outside of Indo once, and beat BCL and CY in Indo-Open. All the other times, he played a CHN player = loss.:eek: How's that for a confidence booster?:p So I appaulse him for doing what's right for "HIM" only!!! Time to go home and prepare... maybe he should find that "motivation" at the end of the rainbow or somewhere so he can perform better at the Asian games.:p

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Then Nike should really sponsor him, especially when he chooses to walk out in the middle of a match, and a giant slogan will appear on the big screen which says "JUST DO IT" !!!:D

By the way, I believe I can do a walk-out against any top player, too... would you feel that I am cool as well???

#24 bananaboy, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  5. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    good comment! :D ;) :)

6. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    To those who keep on critisizing Taufik, how did you know he wasn't injured?

If you watch the match against Chen Hong don't forget he still has a back injury because he was wearing a wasit support.. in fact he has been wearing that ever since he returned in 2006... and back ache doesn't go away in few months it haunts u for life pretty much, trust me...
    The 3rd game he took off his knee guard probably trying to reduce restriction in movement to try his best to beat CH... Shows that he gave everything he has to beat CH and doesn't hold back
    And finally theres a moment in 3rd game where he was just standing still bending over, hands on his knee and didn't attempt to move for a while, do you think that was just an act? I dont think so, thats probably a sign of back injury attacking... Taufik doesn't need to act, he is very frank, he praises his opponent when he lose.. he knows LD is better at the moment why wont u people accept that he withdrew for the sake of his health and move on with life.

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Why do you people always tend to pick on the small points of my posts :rolleyes:? I never, never said I think everything he does is cool. I think he's just a cool person. Please note the "I think", as it's rather important here too. I don't know where you got the idea that I think he's cool based on his actions in the HKO, I just like him, is that a crime :rolleyes:? Taufik has his faults just like everyone else. I just happen to take them with a grain of salt :cool: (remember - emphasis on "I").

It's amazing how people completely ignore the fact that he stated Lin Dan is better than him when they make their accusations of Taufik being too arrogant to accept a loss. Taufik definitely has an issue with Lin Dan, but the way I see it, it's not a superiority thing.

I just wish people would stop with the accusations... it's ok to discuss and debate of course. Surely it's not all that hard. Taking a jab at anyone's "hero" (I wouldn't go so far as to call Taufik my "hero" but I definitely admire his skill) is only going to cause the people in question to retaliate.

#27 phaarix, Oct 28, 2006
  8. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Let me add something here:

“Saya tidak mengira Chen Jin bermain begitu bagus. Dalam pertandingan selalu ada kalah dan menang. Kali ini saya kalah,” sebut Taufik."

English:
    I wasn't expecting Chen Jin to play so well. In a game, there's always a victory and a loss, this time I lost!!

Wow, hard to believe those words came from Taufik's mouth!!! :):):)

Btw, quoted from latest edition of bolanews.com!!

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

Is "baihaki_as" your other log-in account? or else I don't even see how I directed my comment toward "you"???:confused:

You are right on the you never, never said "I thing everything he does is cool" because my quoted sentence was not even from your post.:p

Please read carefully before you make silly mistake, even though we all do it at times, but at least try to minimize it.:p

By the way, I am not critizing Taufik here, and just pointing out that he is doing the right thing protecting his confidence in my previous post.. but to baihaki_as whom claimed that it is "cool" to walk out during a match, it is just plain wrong.:p

10. smashko

smashko Regular Member

To me it looks like the Chinese players have figured out some "secret" tactics to beat TH. Just look at their records playing TH this year. I remember reading somewhere that CJ said he was going to aks LD for advices before facing TH in CO. When I watched videos of their games vs TH, I sort of realized that they tried to avoid changllenging TH at the net, instead they played more drives, clears and smashes to keep TH away from the net. And by doing so they have been quite successful in beating TH. That might explain for TH's frustration and pulling out of the WCup. TH (or his coach) really needs to work out some new tactics against these MS Chinese players who are really so strong and dominating at the moment. For the benefit of us badminton fans I want to see more players from other nations challenging the Chinese dominance and make the sport more competitive. What is your thought?

11. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Taufik lost due to the fact that he is no longer fit, and his defense skills has evidently deteriorated, he doesn't even attempt to dive for shots nowadays.. whatever reasons it is we dont know.. hopefully he will make a come back in this upcoming Asian games..
    By the way... CJ doens't need tips from LD... the Chinese coaches (LYB n ZB) has all the analysis of world top singles player regarding their strong points and their weaknesses all in the stats sheet.. hehe

#31 Simp84, Oct 28, 2006
  12. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    during an interview, CJ did infact said that he asked tips from LD, CH, BCL to play against TH, as much as CJ didn't need tips, he infact did, happy?

waist injury excuse is ridiculous, if you are injured, simply rest at home, why bother giving sympathy to him if he wants to play to lose? the recent appearance is rather stupid and pointless

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Don't really want to jump into this thread, but here's my 2 cents..

..it's true players/athletes are human beings also, as they have their own ups and downs and make mistakes just like rest of us...
    But we're talking abt an (recent) Olympic and World Champs..One who shouldn't have this kind of "i'll prepare myself *only* when i really want to win something" attitude...as a professional athlete(esp. one that is being paid and sponsored), he should perform his duties and responsibilities to the fullest...Look at LinDan, he's already world #1 and won so many titles(much more than Taufik has) yet he's consistent as a player, literally yr in and yr out(ie. still prepares himself and goes all out to win his matches)...In a way, he's always striving for more and more, to be better and better eventhough most if not all the people in the world already acknowledge him as #1....It's a totally different case with Taufik though, who thinks just by winning an Olympic, AG and World Championships golds is more than enough...:p

I think the burning question should be : Does he still have the desire to compete and be on top again? If he still wants to compete and prove he's the best of them all, why can't Taufik be as "hungry" as LinDan??..If he still does, the front door is wide open; but if he doesn't anymore, then the back door is wide open as well..:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :( :p ;)

#33 ctjcad, Oct 28, 2006
  14. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Show us the article with quotes from CJ that says that... but I doubt he need advice from other players as the chinese coaches are far better analysist..

Time is running out for him as he needs to find out where he stands against strong opponents such as LD, LCW, CH etc.. if he keeps skipping tournaments like late 2005/early 2006 it wont do him any good will it?
    Come on, with back injuries u can still play but I can tell you the pain is always there and it really affects your performance.. sometimes there are shots that u will hold back, I know for the fact I have back pain for 2 years that wouldn't go away, and it really restricts your movement when playing badminton...
    And no I dont symphatise Taufik, because I know he doesn't need us to do so. But I am arguing from a neutral point of view.. as much as you hate Taufik I know he is a great player who had accomplished many other men singles players failed to do so.. please respect a player's decesion and accept the fact he withdrew for his own sake
    Its time to get over things and move on with life seriously, when LD did his infamous act in MO2006, of course i was bashing him quite hard at the start, but I learn to accept his circumstances and try to understand why he did it and finally accepted it was history and move on with life... I think u should do the same

15. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

These excuses can only be used if he did not participate, not as he showed up and then fled.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

#36 ctjcad, Oct 28, 2006
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

To add...

..i/we all know he's been dealing with his back injury since late last yr/early this yr & we know he acknowledged/mentioned numerous times after his losses that "at the present moment LD is #1 and is the best in the world etc.2", but i think it's also "fitting" if Taufik can come out and frankly say that he simply hasn't been preparing well, if *at all*, for his recent matches/tourneys(ie. HK Open, WC, JO, CO)..:p.Add to that, esp. now being married and all, most likely *at least* half of his priorities are now shifted to his wife..:rolleyes: :p :) ;)

#37 ctjcad, Oct 28, 2006
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    every pro has some sort of injuries, some more some less. I have seen LD wearing one of those waist band before as well. Just because we dont hear about it doesnt mean they dont have injury. Myself and many fans would love to see peter gade, kenneth J, wong choong hann to play too and yet they stay home rather than compete for a match or 2 and walk out, even when they can get 'appearance fee' and maybe additonal money to going to QF which I think they can achieve. If TH fans say TH has no motivation to win, then I only have one conclusion, TH show up because he has motivation for the money (ie. appearance fee). Is this cool to TH fans?

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

#38 cooler, Oct 28, 2006
  19. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    by the way LD's wasn't waist support.. it was more like releaving stick on patch as I recalled in a few occation of his hard matches...

KJ, WCH both have quite severe injuries... they physically cannot walk..
    where as back injuries are just annoying you can continue to play, however it could potentially turned into the most serious injuries of all time (paralysis of lower limb) if you go too hard....

ps... who doesn't want money.... lol

#39 Simp84, Oct 28, 2006
  20. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    why this debate happens..a bit more thought

Taufik Hidayat is an undeniably great badminton player. His great and beautiful techniques often catches PEOPLE'S HEARTS even more than other players do. However, some of these people can be too obsessed at him by seeing him as a GOD of Badminton who can't lose at all.

These kind of TH's fans indirectly hurt other player's fans cuz they can't accept that TH lose just like that. That also means that TH's fans do not approve TH's opponent greatness. Therefore, (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt...:(:(:(
    What happens if (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt? They will try to hurt TH's fans back by saying bad things about TH. TH has nothing to do with all this. TH's fans destroy TH himself.
    Some of TH fans think that TH is superior - In fact, TH doesn't think he is superior.
    Some of TH fans think that TH doesn't play his best - In fact, TH does play his best.
    Some of TH fans think that TH is not motivated to win - In fact, TH is really motivated to win.

Morale:
    1. Becoming a great fan of your heros is cool as long as realistic enough, but not like some of TH's fans.
    2. Some of TH's fans could be annoying, but that doesn't mean u can disrespect a great player like TH just like that.

:cool:
    I hope everyone can find peace..;)

#40 ssuly, Oct 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.