Yonex Rackets in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.

1. js_2k

js_2k Regular Member

what is your PRICE OF ns8000 in the sports marketing? I would take one recently.

2. red_smasher

red_smasher New Member

IT training consultant
    Mp 99

How much is MP 99 right now in BKK....thanks :)

3. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    i thinki shall list down the price for the rackets after discount. this what i can remember from my trip 1 month ago. note that the price might have changed.

mp99 - 3150 baht
    at700 - 3150 baht
    at800de/off - 3150 baht
    ns8k - 3750 baht
    mp100 - 3150 baht
    ns7k - 3750 baht

4. Barca

Barca Regular Member

What's the grip size available? Is it G5?

5. Sadako

Sadako New Member

Yeah for sure , 3 shops all next to eachother next to the National Stadium all do BG 85 strings for about 180 even discounted 10 % sometimes . Im interested to know if there is another store in the WTC near Chit Lom . Anyone can help ? Just in case I need to buy fast and other stores are low on stock !

6. Bad Victor

Bad Victor Regular Member

Will be going to both Bangkok and Hong Kong in 2 months. Are the rackets cheaper in Bangkok or Hong Kong?

7. simonlwl

simonlwl New Member

a way cheaper in Bangkok

8. ALnoviceAL

ALnoviceAL New Member

Serving the nation at the moment
    Can anyone pls update the price of MP99, AT800def, NS8k and NS9kS/X? And which store it is from.I have a friend who is going bangkok soon. Btw do they sell ashaway string? And is the string job gd?

9. Bad Victor

Can someone please update the prices of MP88, MP66 and NS6K? Are the shoes cheap? Prices on SHB99, SHB90, and SHB70, please.

Thanks in advance.

10. Bad Victor

Is NS6K still available in Bangkok?

11. bariq

bariq Regular Member

hi,

Can someone update the prices for MP88, MP99 and NS8000 plz?

cheers

12. animezone

animezone Regular Member

Which place is cheaper in bangkok? Yonex shop at WTC or thos shope houses beside national stadium?

13. daijoobu

daijoobu Regular Member

cheapest NS9000 TH version

Where can I find the cheapest NS9000 TH version in BKK?

14. 8owmp

8owmp New Member

- Sport Marketing
    - First Sport

NS 9000 TH (X/S) < 4500 Baht
    NS 8000 TH < 4000 Baht
    NS 7000 TH < 3400 Baht
    NS 6000 TH < 3400 Baht
    AT 800 TH (O/D) < 3400 Baht
    MP 100 TH < 3400 Baht
    MP 99 TH < 3300 Baht
    MP 88 TH < 3200 Baht

SHB-99 Limited < 3000 Baht
    SHB-99 M,L < 2500 Baht
    SHB-90 M,L < 2400 Baht
    SHB-70 < 1900 Baht
    SHB-60 < 1800 Baht
    SHB-56 < 1500 Baht

Price should be less or equal :)

15. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

good stuff man, thanks for the info.

16. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

Last week I came to BKK and got 2 MP99 at FirstSports (08/12/2006)
    Its price's still valid: 3250Baht for unstrung racket or 3400 for BG65 strung racket. I didn't check these of other rackets because I was afraid of temptation to spend all my cash on rackets. Supergraps are cheap for me: 1200THB for 10 packets (3 pieces per packet), 130THB for 1 packet. The policy of Yonex in Thailand didn't have any impact on FirstSports' price policy.

The price in that shop is comparatively cheaper than that in WTC or a shop in a complex shopping center in Sukhumvit Soi 36, near Imperial Queens Park Hotel (one ever mentioned in previous shop). In WTC or elsewhere, the price is 3790THB for MP99, 3890 for MP100 and 6240THB for NS9000. At that time, there're enough rackets in stock for you to choose. The look of rackets in Firstsports shop is the same as that in WTC. There's a tiny stamp of Yonex on the corn. The only different is that I didn't receive any warranty card from Firstsports. But for me, it's ok because the expense to come back to Thailand in case of warranty is much more higher than racket's price. Anyway, Yonex dealer in my country doesn't accept Thai warranty card. Besides, I doubt if I got the tax refund from shopping rackets in WTC.

In fact, it's easier to find FirstSport shop in BKK than I thought. Just follow the instruction, leave the Skytrain at National Stadium. I found that skytrain in BKK is the easiest train to go, in comparison to underground in Paris or in Tokyo. It has only 2 directions. No one can miss it. Quite interesting is that there're persons instead of automatic machine to change money into coins.
    Go along the street where you left the skytrain in the same direction of it. the pavement is very narrow.
    When you see the national stadium in this photos (through the fence on the left hand side) turn left. Firstsports shop is the 4th or 5th shop on your right hand side on this road. Actually I don't know any Thai word, I compared the word in the name card to its brand marque.

The most serious problem is that hardly ever could a person in this area speak English. In my experience, I asked one of my friend who can speak Thais coming along with me. He even called to the shop and checked the shop's stock before going there. In most case, it's better bring along with you a pen and a note. You can ask receptionist in your hotel to translate into Thais, some word like: I want to buy Yonex XXXX how much is it? Body language seems to be the most effective communication in most cases.

May remind that you should change sufficient THB before going there cause the nearest exchange service is far for walking.

Attached Files:

17. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Sorry if this is OT but:

What other products are worth getting at Sport Marketing / First Sport besides Yonex Badminton Racquets?

How about Tennis racquets? Are Yonex tennis racquets also cheaper, and do they have other brands etc?

Thanks

18. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Hi storkbill,

At Sports Marketing and First Sports, you will find:

- A good selection of Gosen, Kason, Winex and RSL rackets. The Diamond X1 feels good but cost as much as the yonex TH. Believe the Winex rackets are made for the Thai market and quality differs from the Winex "Made in Taiwan" versions.

- yonex JP insoles.

- strings and overgrips from yonex, gosen, etc.

- certain models of rackets bags (eg. yonex) not available in Singapore

- OEM Made-in Thailand towel grips which cost around 100 baht per dozen ie S$0.42 per piece. Comes in assorted colors. imho quality is not bad for S$0.42 but not as lasting as the Pacific towel grips.

Along the same street, you can also find:

a) Parrot Sports which i understand from this forum that they distribute Gosen rackets and other gosen products. Also carries RSL badminton rackets and Wilson tennis rackets.
    b) a sports shop which sells wilson tennis/badminton products
    c) FBT sports shop which carries soccer gear and distributes Fischer badminton and tennis rackets.
    d) Sports Mind - a badminton shop opposite FBT and owned by Sports Marketing

I could not find any good deals for tennis racquets but you can try the Yonex showroom at Central World Plaza (formerly known as World Trade Centre) which has reopened recently. The showroom size has shrunk by half. I found Yonex original shoe laces and Made-in-Thailand Yonex towel grips.

If you have time, you can go window shopping at various Super Sports outlets in Bangkok. Suggest Central World Plaze, Siam Paragon, Central Chidlom and Emporium. Tennis rackets in Bangkok are rather expensive imho.

PS. Bring lots of cash to Sanam Suk. But Sports Marketing do accept credit cards with a surcharge. I believe the nearest money changer is across the street at Tesco Lotus supermarket. If you cannot find Sports Marketing/First Sports, ask for location of Tesco Lotus supermarket. Have fun shopping!

19. naraen

naraen Regular Member

Sr Management
    Going off the Mark, Can somebody say if Prince Badminton Rackets are Sold in Bangkok ?

Thanks

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I saw some Prince rackets at Super Sports but believe they are not from the top range.