Personal badminton court in house or garage?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by baddybabe, Dec 1, 2006.

1. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    in my house thers a really long hall with a very high ceiling which is d same height as the one on the 2nd floor. but its a few feet too narrow for badminton. n the floor's marble so im not sure wat that would do to ur knees. few years ago b4 the furniture came in , i used to hav a net der n play everyday wit my dad. but no space for dat now:p

2. Oggie

Oggie Regular Member

Bank Employee
    :D Regarding the marble floor you just mentioned, I remember my former employer in the Philippines converted a huge hall into a 3-court badminton area and 3 table tennis area (it has 4 big halls, one of the hall can house 6 badminton courts). The problem is that the floor was made of marble:eek: . I tried it once and I slipped hurting my ankles. As a result of injuries from those playing, the bank bought Taraflex mattings for the badminton courts to prevent injuries, and now it is decently playable.

#22 Oggie, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  3. timalowa

timalowa Regular Member

well if you have the room on the inside i can say go right ahead, but if your gonna build it outside, lets just say your gonna need alot of money to build a wall to block off wind

4. ViningWolff

ViningWolff Regular Member

Process Engineer
    My design was for a single, grade-level facility that was approximately 55 feet long by 35 feet wide.

Well, not quite garde as I had about two feet depth for a concrete pad and a simple raised floor on top of it. The floor was going to be 3/4 particle board supported by 2x4s spaced at every 6". The options after that was to go with maple flooring or mats - the mats being a far cheaper option.

The builder I chatted with would either go 3 tier (standard 3 story or 30 feet) or 2 x 14 studs to give me either 28 - 30 feet feet at the wall edge.

The building itself is not that expensive compared to the roof. A flat span style was the easier and cheapest but given the snow around here - the worst to have for weight loading. The idea was to have a flat roof with a eve style built ove top of it - that way the snow would slide off while allowing for extra insulation.

Heating was going to be either by forced draft at ground level or if allowed catadyne (natural gas catalyst) heaters.

Total price a couple years ago was going to be around $100,000 give. Would be higher now given the housing market is crazy and trying to get a contractor is impossible.