15th Asian Games/Badminton: 'We want to be legends'

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by Malaysianfan, Dec 10, 2006.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree. The quality of MD play was so frustratingly poor that the only reason why I did not feel it was a waste of time was the consolation that MAS FINALLY lifted a gold. Congrats MAS! Now they can start cruising.
    But just as Rexy said MAS lost because they (LWW/CTF?) were not playing badminton, KKK/TBH proved that MAS won because they were not playing badminton. The number of decent rallies can be counted on the fingers of one hand or at the most two. What kind of badminton is that? The standard of MD badminton is going down while thankfully that of MS is going up.

2. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

i think tony candra still a main treat for everypair with almost perfect game... as tony are very good at net, and candra are very good at placing, not to mention all of indonesian great pair has outstanding deffense.

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Agree. Both Tony and Candra r very good at the net and shuttle placing thats why others find so hard to beat them. Actually i find net play is the most important skill and the hardest to master in doubles, much more important than big smashes, if u can beat yr opponent at the net, victory is yours already.

4. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

I'm really happy for the Malaysians finally getting a well-balanced pair, they have had the players for a while but somehow the balance was always 'off' till now.

Beating Cai/Fu is a gfreat start, I think and if they can beat the tall Danes, then they have the complete game. (Eriksen /Lundgaard alays were too easily able to control the tempo of the game against the previous Malaysia pairs, in every All-England I have seen recently..... That is my benchmark for the pair being a successful unit - coping with awkward tall guys!) They should be a match for a great but fading Candra/Gunawan and Cai/Fu can only play one style of game - sledgehammering power.

Rexy has done well - I once had the pleasure of sparring halfcourt singles with him when he was coaching in England. A legend - I think Tan has a lot to live up to! Rexy has some crazy skills.:cool:

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Rexy is also super-smart and fast. And both Ricky and Rexy have super defence. KKK/TBH still has a long way to go to reach there. :cool:

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

I think Koo/Tan hv beaten them b4 in Japan Open in 3 close games :cool:

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is hard for them (Danish pair) to keep coming back -- they are no young spring chickens anymore. No disrespect to the pair but I think it will be the law of dimishing returns for the them next year.

8. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    if they want to be a legend..
    there is always very easy...
    easy to be a legend...
    easy to be a loser...
    juz 1 thing...
    they can't juz talk the talk,but can't walk the walk...
    there is nth to be proud of by juz having 1 title...
    if they wan to be a legend...
    they shoud train harder...
    win more title...
    stay at the top rank for the longest term...
    their 1st step was started..
    the next step should be nxt year MO + WC...
    they also need to master more playing style...
    onli the pair with unpredictable playing style will always on the top...
    they still got a long way to go...

9. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Its good KKK/TBH have this thought. I hope they also realize that in order to become legends, they need to win other major titles (Olympics, TC, WC, AG,..).

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lets hope this pair really turn out to be one of the best in Malaysia history. I just worry we have another Malaysia "Yang Yang", full of potential but did not live up to expectation :crying:

11. chiamhc

chiamhc Regular Member

Tony and Chandra?

They are the masters in men double game. Perhaps, it is time for KKK an TBH to focus new strategies to counter them. Their style of play are more like Rexy and Ricky's game.

Look at their combination after years apart, how they fought their way to win Japan open this year.

Be prepare and improve further.

12. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    GAMBATE O!!KKK n TBH!!;)

13. meihong

meihong Regular Member

i think kkk/tbh can win although they meet chandra/tony if they work hard. cos they hav the potential to win and become champion.
    Koo kien keat and tan boon heong sure CAN!!!
    :D