Kl Open 06

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by ants, Dec 11, 2006.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hafiz said that he had learnt his lesson

Hi everyone@BC,

Here is an article about Muhammad Hafiz Hashim.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start article ======

The Star
    Wednesday December 20, 2006

Shuttler Hafiz looks forward to 2007 to revive flagging career
    BY RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR:
    The year 2006 was one of the eventful years for world badminton but Malaysia's men's singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim would rather forget it.

After going through one of the worst patches in his badminton career this season, Hafiz is determined to get his act right next year by narrowing the widening gap with some of the top players in the world.

For now, Hafiz has only two assignments more for the year but in his current poor condition, he is unlikely to make an impact in the ongoing Kuala Lumpur Open and the invitational Copenhagen Masters from Dec 27-29.

Yesterday, the 24-year-old Hafiz, who is recovering from flu, defeated Kuala Lumpur's Leow Hew 21-3, 21-9 in the first round of the Kuala Lumpur leg of the National Grand Prix Circuit at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium (KLBA).

[​IMG] HAFIZ

‘I will emphasise on a thinking game in my plan to revive my badminton career next year’

Barring any upsets, the second seeded Hafiz is expected to meet national number one Lee Chong Wei in the final.

Chong Wei, who is determined to keep his five-year unbeaten record intact in local tournaments, blew away Selangor's Ho Khee Kong 21-6, 21-2 in just 10 minutes yesterday.

Now ranked 10th in the world, Hafiz, who won only the Philippines Open this year, vows to come out of the rut.

“I was able to maintain my world rankings this year and there was no outstanding result from me. I was not able to beat any of the top players, including Lin Dan (China), Taufik (Hidayat of Indonesia) and even Chong Wei,” lamented Hafiz.

“It was certainly not one of my best seasons since I won the All-England title (in 2003).”

Due to nagging knee injuries, Hafiz was not able to display his full potential. Many times, he was criticised for lacking the fire to achieve great results.

In this year's All-England, Hafiz was a first-round casualty and due to his poor form, he was not selected to defend his title in the Melbourne Commonwealth Games in March.

In the Thomas Cup Finals in Japan, he could have played a more prominent role but went down fighting to Kenneth Jonassen in the semi-final tie against Denmark. Hope was high in the World Championships but he crashed out in the quarter-finals to eventual champion Lin Dan.

The most disappointing outing was at the recent Asian Games in Doha when he went down 20-22, 6-21 to Lee Hyun-il of South Korea in the quarter-finals even though he held a healthy lead in the first game.

Hafiz said that he had learnt his lesson.

“I have worked hard to be physically in good shape for tournaments. But now, I will emphasise on a thinking game in my plan to revive my badminton career next year,” he said.

“I had a good lead against Hyun-il in Doha but I had allowed him to get back into the game. I did not know how to come out of trouble. I must be able to think fast and maintain control throughout the match.”

Next year, Hafiz wants to be a regular feature in the Super Series and qualify for the World Championships. But most of all, he wants to be a player to be reckoned with on the world stage.

====== end article ======

#41 chris-ccc, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
  2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    What Chan Chong Ming said @KL Open 2006

Greetings,

And @KL Open 2006, this is what Chan Chong Ming said.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start article ======

The Star
    21-Dec-2006

Badminton: Chong Ming leaves split behind
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR

Senior shuttler Chan Chong Ming was bitterly disappointed with the decision to end his partnership with Koo Kien Keat.

But the 26-year-old has snapped out of the sad episode of his badminton career and is determined to bring his new partnership with junior Hoon Thien How to greater heights.

[​IMG]

Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari (front) returns the shuttle as Lin Woon Fui looks on during their quarter-final clash against Chang Hun Pin-Chan Peng Soong of Penang yesterday. Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui won 21-19, 22-24, 21-16.

Yesterday, Chong Ming and his 20-year-old partner got off to a winning start in their first tournament together – the Kuala Lumpur Open – at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium (KLBA) in Cheras.

They defeated Johor juniors Poh Chai Boon-Vincent Soon 21-12, 21-8 to set up a quarter-final match today against veterans and top seeds Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah.

After having teamed up with Kien Keat for two years, Chong Ming said that the split was a bitter pill to swallow.

“But it is the coaches’ decision and I have to accept it. I chose not to quit even though I was disappointed,” said Chong Ming.

Kien Keat paired up with Tan Boon Heong prior to the recent Asian Games in Doha and they went on to become the first Malaysians in 36 years to win gold in the series.

Boon Heong was the former partner of Thien How. They won the World Juniors in Vancouver in 2004 and also chalked up a famous win over Indonesia’s former world champions Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto en route to a runners-up finish in the Asian Championships in April this year.

Chong Ming said that he would again assume the role of guiding Thien How as he did with Kien Keat when they started out together.

“I had the responsibility to help Kien Keat when we teamed up two years ago. It’s good to see that he is doing well now,” he said.

“I have the same role to play partnering Thien How and it will be too early to expect anything outstanding from us next year. Hopefully, we will get stronger with each tournament.”

Thien How said that he experienced a similar feeling as Chong Ming when he had to part company with Boon Heong.

“With Boon Heong, we achieved good results and it hurt when I was told that we had to go separate ways,” he said.

“Now I have an experienced partner and I hope to learn as much as possible from him. Hopefully, we can achieve great things together. It is our wish to become another strong pair for the country.”

Without a world ranking, Chong Ming-Thien How are now the sixth ranked pair in the national team behind Tan Fook-Wan Wah, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Lin Woon Fui, Gan Teik Chai-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif, Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Ong Soon Hock-Tan Bin Shen.

Yesterday, all the national doubles pairs won their second round matches.

But Fairuzizuan-Woon Fui survived a scare to advance to the quarter-finals with a 21-19, 22-24, 21-16 win over Chang Hun Pin-Chan Peng Soong of Penang.

====== end aticle ======

3. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    yea, i will rate that match a 50-50 match. Kuan Beng Hong's confidence has grew over the few months. Sometimes i think Hafiz just lacks fire in himself and may get complacent sometimes when he is leading alot. I personally wish kuan beng hong would be in the finals , i think he deserved it more than Hafiz, but thats not always the case in badminton.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Mixed doubles ended earlier. LCW is on court at this moment. Later will be the MDs.

5. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    can anyone giv me 2morow or saturday schedule?
    i really wanna watch 2morow match...
    especially tat involve LCW, Hafiz, KBH,KKK/TBH...
    wow...
    anyone got the schedule , plz..........

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Tomorrow match start at 3pm

7. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    thx ant..
    u got any detail?
    which event start 1st?

8. terry

terry Regular Member

XD double first the follow by WS...All play at once with DIV1 and DIV2

9. terry

terry Regular Member

Last match is about 550pm.

10. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

woah, CCM/HTH beat CTF/LWW ... the scratch pair looks good for a place in the finals possibly against KKK/TBH, how ironic would that be.

also, TBS/OSH lost, now that's kinda dissapointing, i wonder if OSH has yet to regain his form.

11. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    thx terry..
    then i will go at 3pm...
    the entry need ticket?

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

oookie..tank u..tank

13. terry

terry Regular Member

Is FOC!! :D :D :D

14. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

die already :confused:... should have worked harder.. haih..

15. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    anyone know 2mmorow match time start at?

16. hong li ling

hong li ling Regular Member

TrAvEL

i also wan c LCW..

17. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    heard tat is in the afternoon but do not know wat's the exact time:confused:

18. nwy5633

nwy5633 Regular Member

Student
    it's 1pm...
    i reach there 2pm...
    but luckily enough to watch LCW in action + MD + WS + WD...
    juz miss the XD...
    also miss 2 chances to take photo with LCW & Hafiz...
    haiz...

19. Armotec700

Armotec700 Regular Member

KL Open 2006 Final Result

Hi there... Any 1 knows the final Result with complate score for all events?

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Mens Singles LCW Won over Hafiz 21-15/21-18

Mens Doubles CCM/HTH won over Robert/Tazari 22-20/22-20

Ladies Singles Wong Mew Choo won over Julia Wong 21-18/21-16

Womens Doubles Eei Hui/Pei Tty won over Phui Leng/Chew Yen 21-9/21-16

Mix Doubles KienKeat/Pei Tty won over TekChai/ChewYen 21-13/18-21/21-15