Which raquet to choose?!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alex_008, Dec 6, 2006.

1. alex_008

alex_008 Regular Member

Hi,

my name is Alex. Can you tell me which racket can go with my personnality? I am unfortenuly a single player. I have a good smash...--»I am a polyvalent player. I am an advance player too. Can you tell if the armortec 800 def, armortec 800 off or the muscle power 99 can be a great choice for me? If not, suggest me an other racket and say me why...! [​IMG]

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The one fits for u is the best one for you. All the ones you listed should be easy to obtain to demo (rent/borrow from local shop or fellow players). After a drill session or so, u will have your own answer. ;)

3. Tianjin

Tianjin Regular Member

Student
    They are all great racquets.

We need to know more about YOU. At the top of the racquet recommendation section, there is a thread called How to ask the ultimate equipment question in BadmintonForum.com?

Right now, the only information you have supplied to us is:

-Singles
    -Good smash
    -Advanced

However all three racquets are top knotch!

4. alex_008

alex_008 Regular Member

More informations...!

- I play 3 to 5 time times per week
    - I am an all-around player(polyvalent...)
    - I don' t have a limit of budget...

It' s approximativly this...

5. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    If you already have a good smash, you probably don't want a head-heavy racquet, as those are primarily used to augment smash, sharp clears, etc. All the racquets in the Armortec series is excellent for power, defensively and offensively despite the names (I'm convinced they're gimmicks, but whatever). Personally I've found that they're not as good for finesse, a bit finicky with touch and brush drops, although I still used an AT-500 until I got my Victor stuff.

It really depends where you feel you need the most improvement in your game. If your shots to the back are pretty solid, go with the MP99... it'll help you with your precision shots. Victor Ti series racquets are good for those, too. However, if you want some additional power transference and want to augment your clears, go with the AT offensive.

But really, as I'm sure others will say, it's all about feel. Demo them and pick the one that feels most comfortable!

6. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    I have a pair of Yonex Nanospeed 9000s for sale, if interested, PM me.

7. danielchua2

danielchua2 Regular Member

I'm a singles player and i train 5 times per week, 3 in school & 2 at the singapore badminton hall... I own a nanospeed6000 and i find it much easier to execute my drop shots and smashes than my armortec800(offensive)... I'm considering to get an armortec700 since most world-class singles players use it including my idol- taufik. Does armortec700 posess the same characteristics as armortec800(offensive) ?