MSSD-Feb 5

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Joanne, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Hi everyone.. MSSD is starting on the Feb 5 till Feb 13.. anyone else taking part in it? I'm playing in U18 singles & U18 doubles. It will be held in a school in Shah Alam.. Seksyen 11 I think.. yet to see the paperwork about all these so I can't really confirm the exact details.

So anyone taking part in it? Btw if you want to watch some good games as a spectator do watch the QF rounds onwards... don't bother watching the 1st few rounds. Usually the quality games are later.

I'm looking for a medal this year.. in doubles lah. My singles is.. hahaha I don't like singles lah. Will most probably meet top seed as usual in QF and die anyway.

2. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Goodluck on it. Here in kuching, it starts on this coming Tuesday and also looking for a medal in doubles too.

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Oh yeah forgot to say I'm from Petaling district.

This coming Tuesday... that's tomorrow! All the best in it Jas! Wow why Sarawak so early?

haha for me I'm hoping in doubles because the top seeds in singles don't have partners.. All 4 state players lack partners.. :rolleyes:

Now just hope 1 fantastic pair don't suddenly turn up. Haha.

4. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

haha.. i wish i can play dis year la. Too bad, just finish form 5. i miss all the fella's in mssd last year lah..anyway i already in klba now. this coming monday i have klba ranking. I scared my game screwed up again la, playing with all the state players...haih..

5. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Thanks, i don noe why is it so early also. Just finished today.

4 state players lack partner , theres a solution, partner each other? lol

6. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    i doubt they can partner each other, as they are most probably all from different school

7. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    I dont know why but maybe the rules have changed i think. I partnered my usual partner who is from another school for my competition.

8. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

They can't partner each other lah.. lol they had better not.

Maybe yours is representing district? Otherwise quite odd right to put your name like Jas/partner X (SMK Cabin/SMK Lodge). I mean for most it's like Joanne/Lee (SMK Taman SEA).

Anyway how did it go for you? Gold? Silver?

The organisers are not allowing the players to bring sweet drinks in... supposedly because they are using a public hall, not a school hall. In my opinion quite a stupid ruling, most players will surely bring isotonic drinks. Might as well ask us not to bring racquet lah.

I'm not bringing because I already told all my school players not to bring.. under teacher's orders of course. I would never give such silly orders by my own free will. Wouldn't want to appear a hypocrite.

Darma you're in KLBA now? Rank berapa?

Jas you just gave me an extra worry... what if they do partner each other?:eek: Oh well, won't think about it. Hahaha.

9. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    When they announced the school was like for example peter dari smk cabin bergabung dengan Jack dari smk taman sea.

yea, this year is different, used to be team event but changed to individual this year so you can basically partner anyone within the U-18 category in Kuching.

I got a bronze for my doubles and had a bad draw in my singles as i met sarawak singles champion in the 3rd round.I was kinda dissapointed for my doubles could have reach finals.

Haha, what kind of ruling is that, we played in a small stadium and didnt have that ruling here.

Good luck in your games,don worry , just play your best and upset the state players or at least gain people's respect by going down fighting hard.

10. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Ours has always been individual events, no team events. Though if team event.. perhaps my school may have even won before. All of us usually made it to the QF(Yes, ALL players, esp. doubles in U15 & U18 boys & girls category). Of course we also usually all died in QF except for a couple. Hahaha.

Congrats for your bronze. :) You probably wish you met the champ in semi eh. Lol.

Yeah silly ruling, what to do? Silly organisers mah. :rolleyes:

Yes will try my best.. though actually how I fare basically depends on my draw. Haha. In singles MSSD it's usually thrash or get thrashed for me. Lol only once managed to push a state player into 3rd set but that was.. ancient history. And I lost badly in 3rd set anyway.:rolleyes:

11. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    I played in MSSD long time ago. And they have a great reason why not to allow sweet drinks in to the hall. The reason its that any liquid spillage will stick on to the floor when hardens/ dries. Players who step on it before going on to court will mess the court up ie floor super sticky, or that you can say your shoes have got darn good grip on court. The only way they can clean it up is to mop it with water and let it dry by itself. And if they mop the court again and again, its either you wait for it to dry or play on slippery floors. Organisers do not want to be held responsible for any injuries although, St John will be there on standby. In my district, SMK Seri Sentosa is quite good, well Choong Hann graduated from that school anyway.

12. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Oh I must add that I do smuggle in 100plus in my water bottle when I play. :D They don't taste so good in room temperature. I still remember buying them in glass bottles for 65sen each from the local Shell station. Plus that Milo what mum always prepare for the extra energy. ;)

13. jas1121

jas1121 Regular Member

Accountant
    Of course i wish i met him in the semis, lol. Just was really unlucky, i am a doubles player anyway so its ok.

I think alvinlai has made a good point about why sweet drinks aint allowed in a hall.

Do update us with your results Joanne.

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Well if they are afraid of that they may as well ban soft drinks in all halls... not just during tournaments. They aways have this line: Penganjur tidak bertanggungjawab terhadap segala kemalangan yang berlaku semasa penggunaan dewan ini. This line covers every injury, doesn't it? =P

Well I was thinking of bringing in 100+ in a bottle.. iced. :-D I'll just tell the team they are welcome to do the same without the teacher's knowledge :D

Still training... draw will be done on the 28th Jan... kinda late if you ask me... hahaha I'm the impatient one I guess.

Alvin... glass bottles? Wow that was one I was in.. lower primary school. Lol! Nowadays it's really rare to find the soft drinks in glass bottles anymore...

Which district is SMK Seri Sentosa in?

15. Darma Sucipto

Darma Sucipto Regular Member

haha.. mati adi la, i cant keep up with their speed, they r too fast. At least i won 1 or 2 game la.. haha

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

But you're a KLBA trainee lah? Why not SBA? Hehe don't worry about your speed if you're determined enough sure can improve speed one.. with those super long legs somemore...:rolleyes: Imagine like me.. short legs and still slow...:eek:

17. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    I reckon having soft drinks in halls are different than during tournaments. During a tourney, the courts are restricted to players and umpires. I can't imagine walking across the court when someone is playing. one like walking on sticky floors like the ones in cinemas. Plus its more troublesome to clean it up unlike water. If the courts are dirty, it will delay the tourney as it takes time to clean it up. No one of my taekwondo tourneys in UM went into the night. We left around 10pm when it started around 10am. We are hungry, tired and bruised. Parents were worried as we don't have handphones like we do now.

Still 100plus is my favourite isotonic drink in tourneys, Redbull gives me an upset stomach due to its high sugar content. The next best thing I can find here is Kick Stimulant sold in Tesco. Cheap and quite nice. Yeap 100plus are sold in a small fat bottles, does that imply just how old I am now? I just love it, its the best combination while having it with sour plums or one of those junk food called Mo Far Kor. The soury taste plus the 100plus kick is simply...amazing~!:p I feel like having Coke susu now....

SMK Seri Sentosa is in Wilayah district. One of the best I must say, considering that Choon Hann graduated from this school too. They have good coaches and dediated players.

#17 alvinlai, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  18. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    i thought wong choong hann graduated from sek. sri garden... thats the school with the bam project players and good coaches.. it was sort of like a bjss for badminton at that time and all players feared them...

for kl, mssd is starting tomorrow. u guys from sel. are lucky. still got time to prepare at least. :) good luck to u guys.

19. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Alvin, they have never ban soft drinks before, why start now? As far as I know the past few years no one has had trouble with sticky floors.. few players actually have the opportunity to spill drinks on court I suppose as the courts are constanstly occupied by games.

Or perhaps they did ban soft drinks before.. just that before this year my school had 2 teachers that were considerably dedicated, 1 was a pretty decent coach for the lower level players. Only they didn't care much for rules & regulations. Hehe. This year there's a new teacher who only cares about us following the rules, hoping we will lose early so we don't take up her time.

100+ with sour plum?? Never done that before.. haha. Sounds like a pretty weird combination if you ask me.. =P

Lol Wen Yi, few days doesn't make much difference. Only builds up anticipation energy. :)

Are you taking part? Hows your draw?

#19 Joanne, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  20. fishnet wen*yi

fishnet wen*yi Regular Member

student
    haha! the finals just over today and next tuesday is the interzone comp. msskl. wth? o_O haha... will have to miss school again.. when's msss?

ya i took part... playing in the interzone...