Armortec 900 Power and Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyomonkey

yoyomonkey Regular Member

==Altavista translation===
    Divides two models, AT900-P, full title ARMORTEC 900-POWER AT900-T, full title ARMORTEC 900-TECHNIQUE may say is the AT-800 substitution advanced version, but advanced the NS-9000 technical content, no wonder AT-800 had to suspend production, 球友 which liked AT-800 may have to pay attention to ~~ AT-900 certainly is not only specially designs for the doubles, but was and controls the ball with the strength to design and the naming, the singles and the doubles all may use, it is said 900-P its advertisement was the strength represents Lindane, but 900-T controls ball outstanding 陶菲克. AT900-P: The nanometer level titanium filament 维加 is patting the frame 4-5, 7-8 position, and the rapping bar, pats the frame to be same with AT-800/OF, uses the BOX box shape type design, the increase durability. AT900-T: The nanometer level titanium filament 维加 is patting the frame 1-2, 10-11 position, and the rapping bar, pats the frame to be same with AT-800/DE, uses AERO to flow the shape type design, enhanced the speed which wields pats. Coordinate axis position: AT900-P: In MP - 100 right side, AT900-T: In TI-7 right side, weight: Two kinds all are 3U, the 4U color: AT900-P, pats to be similar with AT-800, other black red alternates with, AT900-T: Pats 头灰色, other white main tuning prices: 24,000 Japanese Yen estimates in 07.01.27 starts German public competition period can declare a position for the first time sells the time: In March entire English public competition period

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if i remembered right, 800of has box frame and 800de had aero frame as well.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ding ding! :D !!!

4. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    The change from the 800 is there is new material, micro ti, at 5 and 7 o clock incorporated in the frame of the power and at 2 and 10 o clock in the technique. This works together with the box frame and the aero frame like the 800 off and def but improves the feel and the playability. The retail of the racket will be pretty much the same in Canada as the 800 was. If you look closely the shading at the top of the racket spells technique and power.

5. modious

modious Regular Member

Just had a look at the rackets in real life and it doesn't look as bad as the pictures potray them to to be. As eggroll mentioned, the color scheme is quite subtle.

6. Slackyblackie

Slackyblackie Regular Member

hey, where did you see the rackets?

7. modious

modious Regular Member

Yonex Sunrise Shop @ Far East Plaza.

8. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Y-axis is probably relative stiffness within each series. That's my guess though.:eek:

9. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    hey man how much is the AT900

10. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

No, this time Yonex adapted 2 isolated system to evaluated rackets.
    The new graph only tells the head-heaviness. The Y-axis only tells the position of the racket ( Grade) . There's a racket introduction beside the graph ( the graph you see here is not complete) and the Y-axis is to match the position of the introduction of rackets.

11. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

As to the detail, you can see the new catalogue of 2007.

12. modious

modious Regular Member

They are not on sale yet. Prolly in another 1-2 months time.

13. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah lol kinda plus with the new shb 99m. hehe I'll get a summer job possibly =P or maybe a piano teacher for just the summer =)

14. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    i.c., thanks. :)

15. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Finally, a white colour Yonex....I like...just like my good ol Pro Kennex. Now, I hope they will bring them into ozzie, with AU code. :)

Awaiting eagerly to read Ants review.

16. drop_n_net

drop_n_net Regular Member

Student
    its definately balance, and the ups and downs are just there to distinguish the dif models, ns, at, mp, ti, cab, and ar

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Armortec 900 POWER Review

Review Date : Sometime between Dec 06 and Jan 07
    Racket Type : Yonex Armortec 900 POWER
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex BG65 Power ( Supplied )
    Tension: 29lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Grip: Original Grip
    Technology : Nanoscale Technology, Elastic-Ti GumMetal , Power Armor System, Support Control System

First Impression:
    Initially , I thought that this color will definitely Kill whoever who looks at it. It does look weird and funny. At least NS9000 looks much better. But I do think the AT900 Power color will grow on you. I would say it does have a classical hybrid kind of look. For the first time I handle it, the racket does feel head heavy, but at the same time not as heavy as the AT700 that I’ve used before. Almost the same head heavy as the AT800. In fact a lot of the characteristics remind me of AT800 OF. But of course this time with its enhanced technology incorporated in it.

Warm Ups:
    The racket indeed feels solid. Still getting used to the timing since I’ve been using the NS9000. But as usual, I start off with baseline to baseline shots. Clears are good, feels like NS9000 but with a little edge and more solidity in terms of shuttle impact. Racket head is stable and well balanced or I would say forgiving. Reaction time is a little slow however drives is good, but after a while my wrist and arms lactic acid tends to buildup faster compare to other racket. But I did feel some slight vibration, nevertheless it doesn’t really matter.

Game Time:
    I like the feel of serving low using this racket. I like the touch and accuracy however AT900 Power lacks the touch when using in to play in front net. You need to be in precise control so your shots will not go so far back, you can tend to overshoot your shuttle when playing front. Net Play wise, I would say that it’s just above average but not excellent. Probably I’m still not used to playing net with this new toy. When comes to time reaction, I would say that this racket is slightly slower. Need to follow-thru a little more when comes to retrieving smashes. You need extra swing speed to generate MORE power for Killer Smashes, but then even without the Extra Swing Speed, my opponent finds it hard to retrieve my smashes. My point is that the power is already there even if you do not hit the shuttle as hard. It does provide the raw power that it supposes to give.

Conclusion:

What can you complain when you can get the best from both worlds in terms of the technology that is incorporated in this AT900 Power? Placement of the Gum Metal or Elastic-Ti over the bottom part of the frame in fact in a way make the frame that acts like a whip to produce Smashing power. For those who are into Power Play and love to smash will LOVE this racket. You will never hate the way you smash. The frame head is so balanced that it is just so Smash Friendly that evens an amateur feels like he smash better than before. I’m satisfied with it and how its made. And again I would say that this is a good racket to use. But I do hope they will have a new color for this AT900 Power. Some even may say that this is a much improved AT800 OF after they use it. Or you can also say that it’s a AT900 OF for Singles. However this racket is definitely made for both worlds.

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9/10
    Control: 8.5/10
    Power: 9.5/10
    Defense: 8/10

Pros : The Feel of its RAW Power

Cons: Defense a little slow and probably its looks. However it is much better than the other AT Models.

Suitability : Intermediate/Advance. Singles/Doubles racket

Ants

Next... Armortec 900 Technique

CanuckBur likes this.
  18. a x b y c z

a x b y c z Regular Member

hi ants, is it the nanoscale technology u mentioned = elastic ti gummetal?
    and what's the shaft technology? elastic ti? fullerene? thx

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Both the shaft and frame has Elasti-ti/GumMetal.

20. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Thank you Ants !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.