Li Mao returns and Lee Hyun-il leaves

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by cxytdn, Feb 1, 2007.

1. blessing

blessing Regular Member

Li Mao left.. no Misbun to coach Lcw.. pls..pls..pls.. his standard will drop.. they can ask ex national players to come back n coach them.. eg.. eddy chong.. lolz..

2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

r u sure..? i think i

3. blessing

blessing Regular Member

r u sure..? i think it is impossible lor..

4. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I also heard this news but i personally think that this is not a reliable news...Anyway,just wait and see and no matter what happened i just hope to see the old LCW come back since his performances is dropping recently..

6. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

I read from somewhere in this forum that LHI left to train in a club citing that it is too taxing to train with the national team.

Regarding LCW and KLRC thing, I don't mind, because he is still representing Malaysia. If he really plays for KLRC, he will be coached by Indra Gunawan, which is better than being coached by Misbun. Furthermore, BAM will really tighten up their act if LCW moves to KLRC.

P/S : Chong Wei Might get to spar with TH, which means that his standards will increase !! I thought that was what most of the Malaysians are hoping for. Why is it such a negative news ?

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    what a loss

Doesn't make sense for LCW to leave BAM as players are well compensated under BAM, further more, is coach Indra significantly better than Misbun/Rashid in tutoring LCW? There's no replacement for Li Mao unfortunately and I am sure it's a big loss to Team Malaysia, now is to do damage control ...
    What was BAM thinking not to re-new Li Mao contract? There's article in Sina website interviewed with Li Mao and he stated on of the main reasons he left BAM was because BAM refused to provide him younger players around age 19-22 which makes sense as Li Mao style is about speed and power ...
    Of course, Li Mao also compliant about the hot weather + mosquito + internet speed in Malaysia :D

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Being a Chinese, Li Mao never speaks out the real reason directly. But it is obviously the the biggest reason are the salary and job security. I would like conclude all the factors here:

1) Job security: Malaysian BA didn't renew his contract, instead, they just want to use Li Mao as a temporary coach, when there are pressure from outside for not delivering good results, they can fire Li Mao immediately as a scapegoat.

2) Salary: Li Mao mentioned many times that he didn't care what he paid, but actually nobody doesn't care the salary. Li Mao was way underpaid in Malaysia, so at least coaching in Malaysia national team was not a dream job at all for him. When he said many times he didn't complain his low salary, it was his way of complaining.

3) Executive Power: in Malaysia, Li Mao was like a personal coach, he cannot pick up potential players himself. But in Korea, he has the power to form and lead the whole team.

4) Pressure at work: Malaysia is the country of badminton, so there is too much pressure and workloads.

5) Workplace and environment: he prefers Korea much better. Even on the weather side, Korea is more like his hometown, he even complained about a lot about the availability and speed of Internet in Malaysia.

Well, there are also some things he likes the Malaysia better:

1) Language barriers in Korea. He said working in Korea's better than Malaysia in every aspects except the language barrier.

2) Making friends. He said he's a good friends of Lee CW and Wong CH, because they are all Chinese. It is hard to make friends in Korea that close because of the language barrier plus the culture barriers.

I think almost everyone would make the same decision as Li Mao did as long as the person not that stupid. Even just the job security and salary are enough to take the Korea offer immediately. Malaysia BA's behavior was for their best interest also. They didn't renew the contract for keeping Li Mao's wages low and also kicking him out easily. Of course, they didn't know Li Mao has contacted Korea to protect himself. If they had known that, BAM could also let him go. The chance giving Li Mao a better contact should not be more than 50%, because there are already many local coaches in Malaysia complaining giving high salary to foreign coaches, even though it is Rexy got the high salary not Li Mao. But I don't think BAM would give Li Mao and Rexy the same salary.

#28 2cents, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  9. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I wish Li Mao all the best in Korea. If BAM was not able to fulfill his request, there is no other way but to leave for better opportunity. Hopefully in very near future, we will see Korea Mens singles more regularly at the podium to receive medals. As for LCW, feel sorry for him.....I think his career peak is over.

10. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Li Mao’s exit is the result of feet-dragging by BAM and NSC
    KUALA LUMPUR: Procrastination is the deferment or avoidance of an action or task.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and National Sports Council (NSC) are certainly guilty of this, which led to the premature departure of Chinese coach Li Mao.
    The two parties were slow to act and Li Mao, whose contract ended last December, was hired by the Korean BA.
    Last week, the Chinese decided to join South Korea, leaving the men singles team – especially Lee Chong Wei – in a lurch ahead of the World Championships, which will be held at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from Aug 13-19.
    [​IMG] Happier days: Filepic shows BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh (left) welcoming Li Mao, who was hired as the national coach in 2005. Li Mao has joined the Korean BA and Misbun Sidek (centre) is among the candidates to take over his post.
    Now, the BAM are scrambling to find an able replacement among the local coaches – Wong Tat Meng, Misbun Sidek and Rashid Sidek.
    Tat Meng, who is the women’s singles coach, has agreed to take care of the men for the time being.
    Last month, Li Mao and the other coaches asked BAM why their contract renewal had been delayed and the badminton body pointed their finger at the NSC.
    Like all the other National Sports Associations, BAM chose to wait for NSC to announce their plans for the year.
    And subsequently BAM sent memos to the coaches telling them to wait until March.
    The BAM were, after all, following orders as the NSC are the paymasters for the coaches.
    Following the end of the Doha programme last year, NSC are currently in the midst of re-organising their programme and looking into the contracts of the athletes and coaches.
    Even the project managers under the Doha programme headed by Damien Kelly don't know what's in store for them.
    And one wonders why is it taking such a long time to finalise matters?
    China, Australia and other European countries are already in their second phrase of preparing their teams for the 2010 London Olympics.
    The “brainstorming” sessions to decide the training programmes for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (which is only a year away) should have been done before last December's Doha Asiad.
    In fact, the coaches should have been appointed immediately after the Asiad, which ended on Dec 15.
    Does it really take more than a month to decide whether to hire or fire a coach?
    Now, the NSC are waiting for the cabinet committee for sport to approve their major plans.
    And it is not easy getting the committee together which, of course, will lead to more delay. Unfortunately that is the sad tale of Malaysian sport – as far as management is concerned.
    As for national chief coach Yap Kim Hock, he can only mull about the Li Mao episode.
    “If only I was in South Korea, probably Li Mao would not have left,” said Kim Hock, who stayed home due to the poor health of his grandmother.
    “I would have persuaded him to stay on. He (Li Mao) has done well with the men’s singles and it is a great loss to our team. But the show will have to go on. “
    And there may be more cases of coaches jumping ship if the BAM and NSC and other sport associations continue to procrastinate.

11. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

受繁文縟節所累大馬羽總未獲李矛效力

(吉隆坡訊)大馬羽總未能繼續獲得李矛效力,是受到新合約處理過程的繁文縟節所連累?

遠在中國杭州的李矛向中國媒體透露去年12月底與大馬羽總約滿後,一直沒有獲得續約,因此恢復自由身的他三思後決定與韓國羽總簽下1年半合約,帶領韓國隊參加明年的北京奧運會。

可是,李矛為何沒能在約滿之前或是約滿後即刻獲得續約?在李矛離開的事件中,國家體育理事會是不是要背負一定的責任?

新合約須獲多個單位核准

針對這個課題,國家體育理事會總監拿督南蘭即時作出解釋,他指出各體育總會的教練在獲得新的合約前,國家體育理事會必須先檢討他們去年在多哈亞運會的表現,而檢討的結果也必須獲得各相關單位的核准。

當教練的工作表現報告出爐後,國家體育理事會管理委員會必須在提呈給青年體育部秘書長之前再次審核。過了這一關之後,國家體育理事會還必須在多次冗長的會議中與相關的體育總會討論新的合約內容,只有在各造達成協議後,才能向有關教練遞上新的合約。

無論如何,南蘭認為李矛離職是為了捍衛自己的名聲,因為他察覺到弟子李宗偉已經無法達到他的要求,與新合約的快慢沒有關係。 (星洲日報/體育‧2007.02.04)

12. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Hi Administrator,
    Why is my new thread posted is being remove?? There is no duplicate, the thread title is "LCW then Li Mao, or Li Mao then LCW". As i believe this is an interesting topic to disucss with.. pls reply..tq

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Well, im so disappointed with our BAM and sports ministry! This is clearly shedding their responsibilities! Now they wanna push the fault to LCW?? Give me a break! Poor LCW, now im really not surprise if he play for KLRC instead.

14. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Does NSC still looking at Olympic Games 2008? Lets face the reality, Malaysia is not even coming close to winning any medals in sports other than badminton. If what the article says is true, how much time does NSC need to plan for OG2008? Another 6 months to come up with a perfect plan on paper ? Well, there is noone left in the team to make the dream come true anymore. At the end, I think NSC should be awarded Olympic gold medal !!!

15. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

花开后我悄悄地走了 李矛诉说弃马赴韩前因后果

2007-2-6 羊城晚报记者苏荇 ​

日前传出的消息说前中国羽毛球男单教练李矛从马来西亚转会韩国,多少让人有点意外,记者好不容易联系了回到杭州家中的李矛。 

对于离开马来西亚,李矛表示最主要的原因就是无法改变马来西亚男单的局面。“如果马来西亚队肯给我几个20岁左右的队员带,我肯定不会走。但小队员的教练就是不放人。他们羽协也没有办法协调。”另外一个原因就是马来西亚的网络。“网络是我平时唯一的娱乐,一开始我说蚊子多那是骗人的,那也没有那么多蚊子,况且蚊子咬咬有什么问题?上网才最要命。虽然看起来是一个很好解决的问题,但是一直没有得到解决。”以网络为乐的李矛对此意见颇大。在他走的时候,没让马来西亚弟子们反应过来就消失了,很多东西都还留在马来西亚没带走。李矛说:“我静悄悄地走了,没跟他们打招呼。他们当然不舍得我走,后来李宗伟他们都打过电话过来。” 

时隔两年和韩国羽协再次签约,李矛的新合同将维持到2008年奥运会后,这也意味着他将带领韩国队和中国队在北京兵戎相见。李矛说这次的合约让他比较满意。“我去是当韩国队的总教练嘛,那边给出的条件很好,无论是生活条件还是执教条件都不错,韩国羽协还承诺把几个小孩给我带。这几个人稍加调教就可以上来了。” 

李矛的到来,最得益的恐怕就是他当年带出来的那一批弟子,包括孙升模、李炫一。而李矛的心里有了自己的计划。“说到孙升模,可以说没有我就没有他。我现在重新过去执教,他牙都要乐掉了。现在他正处于低潮期,但我有绝对的信心把他从低谷里带出来。应该说他的条件很好,同为老将,他的条件比黄综翰还要好。” 

对于在韩国的执教,李矛表示并不是追求一个短期的结果:“我是只管种树开花,至于结果的时候我就静悄悄地走。”

16. darenong

darenong Regular Member

There goes our MS category in hoping for any gold ... lol oh thank god we have Rexy ! he is the only hope for Malaysia in Gold from MD !!! MS ????? Misbun ??? He doesn't know how to use talent ..... i personally think Hafiz is as good as Taufik and if he is under the right coach u can see very very exciting games when Hafiz vs TH !!!!!! like maybe Foo kok keong vs Ardy Wiranata (if ure old enuff to remember that game !) any seconder ???? hehehe just imo nothing to flame about :)