AE 07 Predictions

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by sihar, Feb 11, 2007.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner

The last time LCW defeated either TH, PG, BCL or LD went back to months and months ago + their previous meetings all resulted in LCW's defeat. Then all of a sudden, you can be so bold as to say LCW will defeat most of them to get to the final???:confused: This is ALL-ENGLAND, and it is not held in Malaysia any more.:p LCW has a good chance to reach the semi-finals, only because CH is retired, and LHI probably won't be playing since he left Korea national team.

Peter Gade is in the best form out of the top players right now, consider him winning 3 tournaments in a row since Cop. Masters until the recent Denmark national. He is riding on the most aggressive momentum right now.

#21 bananaboy, Feb 12, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    They turned the tables on LCW.. LCW used to win BCL and has a very good record against him but now he lost twice in a row... u never know maybe LCW can win BCL again.... its up to players themselves... u can decide who to win.. but yea can't say that LCW will win all en route to finals looking at his recent performance... he had poor runs in Korea n his own homesoil....

but looking at his performance in Nat GP, he is playing better and better and he said he full confident to take the world again.. oh well, just wait and see.. action speaks louder den a million words....

3. tjl_vanguard

Student
    yes... winning in own local circuit won't show anything... its the international TITLES that makes differences...

4. tjl_vanguard

Student
    that's the problem with coaches... they are just trying to save their own a** from being fired.. the moment they receive offers they leave straight away cuz they dun wanna be jobless... its a good thing Li Mao leaves cuz this shows that he isn't so committed in bringing up Mas singles... if he is really committed to do that, he would have at least tell BAM n discuss with them about the contract offered by Korean BA.. apparently, BAM only get to know about it after he SIGNED the contract....

maybe LCW has already one burden off, that is trying to get his coach (Li Mao) to stay.. since LM leaving just let him be.. it doesn seems to matter anymore at this point...

LCW has also shown some signs of "revival" in recent GP Finals... he seems to have get his game back.. more confident, more steady.... just hope he can cope with the pressure (as he knows that the other singles players still not up to challenge in international arena)....

Mas really bring up more singles players... and SOON... running out of time...:eek:

5. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    malaysian players are good. but, they have probs when playing out of malaysia. they need the help of the crowd to boost their confidence.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Still 3 weeks again (the drawing will be out next week,is it true??) but many predictions here...

MS : TH -->based on his ambition and hard efforts/exercises to win his elusive title. The biggest rival of course CHN Four - LD/CJ/BCL/CY.
    WS : the Chinese
    MD : KKK/TBH
    WD : hmm, no need to predict
    XD : Chinese new-combination or the host pair.

7. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

honestly i think taufik will win as he said dat he has not yet win the AE n is aiming for it ths year..so hands up for taufik ! n to Lee chong wei..hope to see him atleast in the semis..

8. tjl_vanguard

Student
    I TOTALLY SUPPORT THAT!!!!! TH will win and winner will TH be.. haha same goes to KKK/TBH!!!!!

9. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    this kind of thread always ends up with conversation about "my country is better"...

if we look at the originate countries(malay, indo, chn) the posters are from, 80% of the times we will see the nation's player in the winner's list

its a little boring, dudes...

as for ppl saying all chinese finals in ws is boring, isn't ththe problem lays mainly on the countries who does not have the talent/focus/resource/you name it to create a first-class woman single player?

its not chinese's fault on winning, but its the others' fault on losing, you guys are saying as if winners are losers, and thats bad attitude

same goes with ppl saying china's domination (in blah) is not healthy...

what should the dominating country do? send their troops around the world or stop training?
    oh wait, if at somepoint TH or LCW or KKK/? are winning, you guys will be happy and never mention the phrase "domination is not healthy"

ok, i am ready to get flamed now :p

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Freedom of speech always come with a bias or slant -- so expect that.:)

Is it boring ? May not be if presented with a good rationale.

11. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

For MS, I predict Hafiz Hashim will win the title :eek: ;)

He is improving a lots, Hafiz Hashim for sure will create the greatest upset to win his 2nd AE MS Title this year :p:D

p/s - please don't flame me, i just try to boost Hafiz confidence by supporting him this year...wake up HAfizzz!!! :cool::p

12. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    My predictions: Winner / Runners up,
    MS: PG / LD
    WS: Not China / China
    MD: JE/MLH / TG/CW
    WD: China / China
    MX: GE/NR / GL/ZB

Disclaimer: I base this on absolutely nothing...

13. pramilainc

ACGT
    - No, ppl will pity you instead :p

14. pramilainc

ACGT
    May be Li Mao is frustrated that all his effort in Malaysia is not paying dividends, LCW has been on steady decline since WC, and there aren't many upcoming prospects to speak of. Maybe he thought he'd rather spend his effort else where...

Badminton coaches need job satisfaction too...

15. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    th is still in your black list :)

di he 'hurt' you so much :p

16. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

I suppose crowd support can help your Kendrick Lee in Singapore?:D:D

17. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahahaha, nailed!
    :p :p

18. pramilainc

ACGT
    It has nothing to do with black list now, just that I think on current form LD and PG are better than TH.
    I also think LD on better form than PG, but I wanna see PG win some major titles...

19. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well, he did win the first ever super series, so that's pretty major.
    i think he'll have a strong showing in the AE, he managed to get some rest before the danish nationals (which he won, unsurprisingly) so i have pretty high hopes for him in birmingham.

20. Morten

Morten Regular Member

LD will be the major favourite in each tournament no matter what. learn to face it and put that patroism back in disguise :) . Contenders will be based on current form Bao and PG as biggest contenders and then the rest of the top 10. But none can match LD when it comes to consistency and thats what some of his rivals lacks. Bao and Gade is getting close but not close enough in my opinion. TH well he can play wonderfully, but again even if he plays 100% people like LD, PG, BAO actually holds a better record head to head and might give him a hard challenge. For LCW to perform well depends a lot on the first rounds since he relies heavily on his confidence and still needs to mature mentally.