Hafiz must start believing in himself again

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, Mar 6, 2007.

1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    Badminton/All England Championships: Hafiz must start believing in himself again

07 Mar 2007
    K.M Boopathy

HAFIZ Hashim must start believing in himself and explore to the fullest his potential if he hopes to capture a second All England title in Birmingham.

Coach Misbun Sidek said it was this attitude that won the Malaysian the title in 2003.

[​IMG] Misbun said that Hafiz (picture) can achieve his target, despite the tough draw, if he comes out his comfort zone, especially now that Indonesia’s Taufik Hidayat is no longer in the reckoning.

Hafiz still has to play another Indonesian, Sony Dwi Kuncoro, in the second round and the in-form World No 1 Lin Dan of China in the last eight, but Misbun believes his charge has the game to beat them both.

"There is no doubt that Hafiz is a special talent but he must realise this and start exploring his full potential. He did that here in 2003 and his revival can start here again," said Misbun by telephone from Birmingham yesterday.

"Of course it will tough to overcome Sony and Lin Dan. He (Lin Dan) didn’t have to play in the German Open but used it as warm-up and won. That shows how confident he is and he will be at his best in the All-England.

"Lin Dan has the edge but if Hafiz plays to his ability, we can look forward to a surprise."

Hafiz was to open his campaign against Taufik but with the latter’s withdrawal the Malaysian instead now opens against New Zealand’s John Moody which should be a walk in the park.

Hafiz has beaten Sony four times in five head-to-head meetings but his record against Lin Dan is seven meetings seven losses.

Hafiz, on his day, can beat the best but will still need to draw inspiration from his 2003 success to put Lin Dan in the shade.

Source: News Straits Time
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Wednesday/Sport/20070307084941/Article/index_html

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    When is his good day?

I am not sure why Misbun is so confident about Hafiz? Lets see, Hafiz has yet to beat any Chinese players lately, even lost straight set consistently to his team mate Lee Chong Wei and he suppose to beat Lin Dan on his good day? Of course anything is possible but I won't bet Hafiz to go that far, he just happens to get lucky with the withdrawal of Taufik.
    It's very likely Hafiz can advance to QF if he play seriously and abondon his useless fancy trick shots(end up tricking and tripping only himself). I rather see Roslin play then Hafiz.

3. tjl_vanguard

Student
    i think the very most he can get is a set from LD... which is still very unlikely..

Btw Han, he did beat Chen Hong in KO last month.... he ended CH's internationally career... that stupid lil bugger... (i mean HH... ;p)

4. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

His good day will come :D:D:D
    I am also very confident with Bro Hafiz this year, he will show who's the real talented player with a splendid touch of magic fancy tricks :rolleyes::eek::p:D

5. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

If you look at his game the shots were only successful like 1/10 in every fancy shots. I wonder why he did not get scolded by the coach. I thought only casual players are allowed to do these kind of risky shots.

6. tjl_vanguard

Student
    just hope that his heydays are over haha :D

7. Armotec500

hahahahahaha :D:D:D

8. Armotec500

I believe he will reduce his fancy shots and play very seriously this time...actually, i prefer Hafiz to play straight forward shots rather than fooling around with his 'magic' tricky shots which bring him nowhere :D...He should used his height to do more attacks to his opponent and at the same time strengthen his defence...Way to go Bro Hafiz :p

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why would you wish that on Hafiz? Guess you 're kidding. Actually HH is rather talented; just the match intelligence does not synchronize with the match talent most of the time.He has stretched LD before ,so I would still say, anything is possible but he would still do PG a favour by playing his best..It's normal for a coach to give a best scenario possibility. No coach would declare his charge would lose although Rexy did unwittingly give that away when he complained about Sigit's notional ranking. Not good for TBH's confidence.

10. Armotec500

Yup, he has stretched LD into 3 games before, and also be able to beat PG,KJ,CH,BCL with his ability. If he can improve more during AE onward, he can strongly challenge LD,CJ,TH & LCW for sure :cool:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If he believes he can fly, he may jump from tall buildings.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Recent pronouncements by Hafiz seem to indicate that he is confident of himself, which is good. But he must not become too over confident and give away easy points to his opponents with his fanciful strokes that slow him down and allow more room for his rivals. :rolleyes:

14. tjl_vanguard

Student
    DANG!!! i mean AREN'T over yet... goodness me.. sori bout tat..
    was in a hurry n din check wad i typed hahaa :p

15. tjl_vanguard

Student
    ya.... hopefully....

16. darrenchia

darrenchia Regular Member

hafiz. haiz don given so much hopenese at hafiz...... tis guy hv something prob on his fizikal.... i guess oly ah! better jz normal heart 2 watch hafiz beat sony match lah......... haiz.........

17. Armotec500

hehehe based on your comment, better u put your hope on mighty LCW :D