Chinese monopoly.................

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by F-Man, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Only if Chinese coaches are allowed to coach overseas, I am sure there will be equal fight from every country.. There will be Lin Dan from every country.. Imagine LYB coaching Mas?? LCW, KKK/TBH, CEH/WPT and WMC will make a complete monopoly.. Too bad, there are a few China coaches moving to coach abroad.. Loyalty to their country is important.. Rexy as a foreign coach has done a good job and gave his best, although he guided KKK/TBH to beat Indon pairs.. but that's badminton.. someone wins, someone loses..

2. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

what???? :eek: :eek: I'm gonna hate u for this:D :D :D :D :D

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Personally, i think BCL is a skillful player.. He jus lack of mental strength in the past.. but now, he beats LCW consistenly, which he fails to do in the past.. Chen Yu also starts to beat LCW.. i do not specially prefer BCL or CY, but i jus enjoy watch them play.. deeply, my support surely goes to LCW..

4. winnie

winnie Regular Member

but sadly i started to lose confident n hope in LCW altho he's fr the same hometown as me.. he again n again smashed our heart in pieces..haihz.. only n only if he could put on some interesting fight? reli dissapointed with him esp after the thomas cup last year

5. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    i hope ibf or whoever who ask Team China to just send three entries for each category. it so sickening to watch tournament after tournament with at least 3 out of 5 China-vs-China finals.

Quite frankly, I can't recall the last time a non-chinese entry won the Women's Doubles. For Women's Singles, at least you would see an occasional non-China player. But, the doubles is horribly painful to watch them take trophy after trophy without a single tough fight.:crying:
    For MS, at least you see strong contenders from elsewhere like TH, PG, LCW, Boonsak and KJ and some others. And MD, CY/FHF are just a good pair. Plus, you find other pairs making our ticket dollars worth to watch.

Please, China, think of how boring badminton would be if you guys just fill up half the entries and claim the trophy through smokescreens and "strategies". You may have a million trophys in your cabinet by the end of the century. But, badminton would be just like table tennis where you end up seeing faces of Chinese people winning medals with very little price money to it as no one wants to watch it anymore

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    China only sent out 4 Mens singles players in the AE, where Malaysia sent out like 10... 2 or 3 MD from China compared to 7-8 from Malaysia...

China can't help to dominate if they are better... Other countries would have done what China is doing, if they are good enough to dominate... but too bad, they can't.

If you don't like to see all-China semi-finals and finals, then maybe you should consider buying tickets to the qualifying, 1st, 2nd round, and quarter finals only, because that's where most Singapore and Malaysians will end up losing, but you will at least get to see them play + tickets are cheaper.:rolleyes:

Funny thing is how people want to blame others for their own failure... CRY, CRY... you are too good, and make us look bad... why can't you suck and be more like us.. CRY... CRY and whine. The rule of life is survival of the fittest. If you don't getting better, you are not going to be a champion.

#26 bananaboy, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  7. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

i like your last paragraph...waakkakkkakaa :D :D :D

8. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

LYB should learn from the kungfu master Bruce Lee, who was so generous to share his kungfu knowledge to anyone on Earth.
    Anyway, we should not blame China for their dominance. They really work hard and deserve the results. Other countries should learn from China on how to train a champion systemmatically since small.

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Because of Bruce Lee... you gotta see more big hairy white people beat up more smaller size Chinese people these days in western countries...LOL:D:D:D
    Now you understand why Bruce Lee was never in the hall of fame in China.:p

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LYB has a job to do, it is to win as many titles as possible. As someone said MAs sent more MD/MS than CHN. If CHN were restricted to three, then so would every other nation.

To all those who beleive TH,KJ,BP,PG,LCW will have more chance if less china players they are in dreamworld. the first time they played CHN player they lost, so it is not as if they can beat one, then get tired. After all The new super series has only one round per day now, so should favour non-chn players.

The real problem in CHN domination is that Badminton is a national based sport, where players represent their country not themselves or their club. The best rivalries come from same countries, Eg. Footbal Everton Vs Liverpool or tennis Sampras Vs Agassi same country, but self supporting.

11. utopia_imminent

Student
    i have to admit that China is good. but, somewhere there they are doing something wrong. i mean, China-vs-China matches always end in straight sets with the victor being the hot favourtie. it feels like a set-up. i would like to see a China player (a nobody preferably) kick the butt of some top ranking China player.

What I mean to say, is that I want to see a better fight. Players try to end China's streak of success. I do not want to see one day when people relate to badminton as a sport played by the Chinese like ping pong. If it is so, then the sport can never bloom due to its one-sided nature. Look at soccer, every damn country is trying to just qualify for the World Cup. It gives the excitement. The same can be said for the Thomas Cup. Well, what it used to be before the decline of Indonesia, Malaysia and Denmark.

12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    China vs China does not always end up in straight sets. Do not allow your feelings blind your judgement. Something is only true if at least you have "some" facts or proves to claim it is true.

It ended up in straight sets only because Lin Dan is indeed stronger than Chen Yu. If you just watch World Cup 2006 final between Lin Dan and Chen Yu, you will actually noticed that Lin Dan could have dominated Chen Yu if he wanted to. LD actually gave Chen Yu more chances, to sort of save face for him. The first 7 points of the 1st game showed how dominant LD could have been, and even though that particular match ended up being LD winning in 3 sets, but honestly I believe from the quality of Lin Dan's play that day, it could have been the same result as the AE final this year. Note: CY is good, too... just LD is better.:cool:

AE semi final (MS): Lin Dan has always been stronger than BCL, and I don't understand why people can't believe that in an honest match that LD can beat BCL in straight sets??? Plus they are team mate... they know each other well, so it comes down to who is fundamentally stronger in speed, tatics, power, and etc.

Now... in Malaysia national final, LCW defeated Hafiz in straight sets, why doesn't anybody question that???:confused:

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    This is so true especially the last paragraph... only if people stop viewing these badminton players as national tools for national pride, will badminton ever get close to achieving any kind of real popularity. They are individuals , and should be viewed as an individual wanting to make their own lives better, not making fans feel more powerful at bragging when they win.

14. utopia_imminent

Student
    i dun hate chinese players. i like Chen Hong and Chen Jin. BCL is great but he doesn't have a killer move that is a winner. i just find it seemingly akward that LD streak is so good. he won most tournaments he entered. look at PG, he lost to Dicky Palyama in the first round. but, on the other hand, Susilo did win over LD in the Olympic first round. Maybe LD is the next Rudy Hartono or Liem Swee King.

15. Stealthboy

Stealthboy Regular Member

I.T.
    Chen Yu is an idiot he kept lifting the shuttle to Lin Dan and getting it whooped back to him at 200mph. Every time he played around the net and dropped Lin Dan he had some success. If you play to someones strength especially when it is vastly superior to yours there is only one outcome. He also looked a defeated man before he stood on court.

Another thing with the 21point scoring system they need to play 5 set matches. I can't stand the 21 point system.

The prize money in Badminton suck's too, the amount of time they practise they should be rewarded. Badminton needs a higher profile so the big sponsors come in like Tennis.

Credit to the Malaysian men's doubles team they played out of this world and showed the Chinese pair up.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    You're close. I think u might meant best rivalries is between 2 independent teams or players, same country or not, and both sides have similar skill level.

In the earlier years, rivalry between MAL and INA was fierce, so was denmark versus asian countries. I find rivalry between countries much more deeper since it is often their economic, social and social values are being compared and on the line.

for example, hockey and football are popular here. In alberta, we have the edmonton versus calgary rivalry in hockey and football. Each team has their star players or star coach. To me, what's the point if players or coach often get traded for better pays. Like, who are u cheering for, the team or the players? In badminton, national players don't get swapped or traded (until they are retired or let go).

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In many threads, I've been pointed out the system in CHN is a lot of different than in other nations. The atheletes are the property of the system, as they were raised and given opportunity by the system. Many of them came from lower income regions, and they were granted a job and paid nicely even when they were still a kid or teenager.

LYB's feeling is very understandable. It's like, no father wants to see his own son and daughter joining the rivalry family, and turn the gun back to the family. :cool:

18. three-3am

three-3am Regular Member

cant agree totally with you on tis.. what happened in the german open final?? we fans definately deserve more than that, we pay money to watch them play, not to watch fixed boring matches.. if lindan's the best, why cant he be allowed to prove it through actions on court?

did LYB order chenyu to walk over for them to conserve energy for AE? did LYB order chenyu to lose in straight sets for them to conserve energy for swiss open? so many question marks.. all these will only make neutral fans to have doubts on the credibility and integrity of the chinese team...

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The logic here is totally wrong.

Why CHN is blamed, as other teams can't meet the same standard? Is CHN's fault that many other nations' players are under achieve? :eek: CHN players occupied more entries (espeically in later round), because they are good enough to do so. Even if there are so call "team startegy", they have to be good enough to get there in order to use it.

There's a difference between "can't do" and "don't do". Many so call "honest" players only flame CHN after their own failure about "team strategy". Now, ask yourself, if you have all your teammates around you, will you never think about some "team strategy"? Of course, you never did it. NOT because you don't want to, because you never (or very rarely) get a chance to do so. :cool:

Look at basketball world. When NBA Dream Team I won average 30 points (because they don't want to over embarrace others) in 1992 OG, many other nations did not just put up a white flag. Instead, they train hard, and now, they can win. Why can't other nations train their own players the real stuff, rather let them being the "debating champion" or "crying baby"? Let the arm and leg to prove the point, not the mouth. :(

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Until someone can prove those matches were intentionally fixed with solid evidence, both LYB and Chen Yu are innocent. No facts, no proof, and how can you logically claim Chen Yu was not injured during German Open and felt "better" during AE... maybe the injury was not career theatening but he was afraid of further injure himself so he withdrew(I am not saying this is true, but possible)?:confused: How can you prove that LD did not beat CY fair square in AE 07 final... I said it many times that LD is indeed better than CY... If LD would have beat CH in 2 easy straight sets, then yes, even I would question it... but this is not the case.:p

Seriously, do most people these days still care about credibility and intergrity???:eek::(:(:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.