Professional Player's Best Coach

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by JaCk™, Mar 11, 2007.

1. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

perhaps if he coaches in Indon, Markis n Hendra might be a formidable pair now.. Who knows?? If Kim Her is still in Malaysia coaching the doubles, do you think he will pair KKK/TBH up and take the gamble in AG? Regarding this, I really salute Rexy..

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So...

......how abt BCL's coach?? Is he the same coach as LinDan's??(maybe LazyBuddy can fill us in on this)..If he's the same coach, then how come he(BCL) is also known as "Mr. Runner-Up"...?!?!..:confused::rolleyes:;)..

#22 ctjcad, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  3. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

I just hope that when KKK/TBH will have to go through a hard time like what LCW does at the moment, no one will bash them and blame them for not delivering. I like LCW a lot and I never exaggerate his achieve when he is at his peak; I am still supporting him knowing that he is going through a hard time. I remember last year when I first joined this forum, LCW's threads were everywhere, but now? There are so many factors that may affect the outcome of a match. For people who have been playing badminton competitively know about this.

Producing good players take time. If you are talking about the best coach then it's LYB according to your criteria. LD has been winning consistently in the last 3 or 4 years and that's the result. KKK/TBH are still young and they need to win more title to prove themselves like the others in this forum said.

Lastly, I am a Malaysian myself and I am too, happy for KKK/TBH. But we need not making it such a big deal and comparing them to other legendary pairs now. As far as you all know, they just paired up few months ago and THEY STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO.

Cheers,
    Kent

4. eguitarcoolboy

I still remember in 2006
    LCW = One of the best in the world
    LMAO = Best coach in Singles, Malaysia should do everything to keep him

Look at what happen now in 2007:
    LCW = Just a quarter finalist
    LMAO = he is a great coach but not the best, and he got problem with boosting players mentality and confidence...

Only think about it making me feel so sorry for them...

Kent

5. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    I salute Rexy....

He is reli a good coach... Not only that, i think he was won the favour of everyone in the badminton world....

btw, there are a lot of definitions and criterias to the "Best Coach" title...
    - player's performance
    - relationship of coach-player
    - etc....

so? in which criteria are we discussing about?

6. kian chuan

kian chuan Regular Member

student
    why rexy is the best

He is the best player in the 90s, legands of indonesia. And i like the style he has. And most important because he was great, so player respect him. He has the experience to share with them as motivation. It is useless the coach only teaching skills, He must know how to guide his player through success and failure. Last, rexy i think he is so true. He realy want his student to win not because he want to become famous.I still remember the time KKK/TBH lost in asian games team match. He said something realy touch me."I was so dissapointed, i felt that what i taught them all this time was fruitless" He was so responsible. The best coach is the one be able to struggle together with player. GREAT GREAT REXY.

7. kian chuan

kian chuan Regular Member

student
    Ask li Moa fast go fast good. Leaving LCW while his performances drop.

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

ya, Li Mao is a good coach for producing LCW but at the same time a bad coach for leaving LCW WITHOUT ANY NEWS. that's unprofessional. i understand there's politics and problems with this contract.. but at least, do not leave LCW suddenly.. imagine how LCW feels? Li Mao is RIGHT to coach for Korea for job security reasons, but inform LCW FIRST ok? If he leaves because of politics, any coaches including Rexy might leave too.. Hope BAM learns this lesson..

9. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    no no.... he left because BAM din offer anything to him.. in that period of time, he is practically jobless and korea offered him first so he took it

10. ~//**tEnGz**//~

~//**tEnGz**//~ Regular Member

student
    i felt tat li mao is a caring and understanding coach...he seems 2 understand cw 's feelings after he lost in any tornaments...

11. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Is Mulyono considered a good coach too? guiding Taufik to many titles since he was 16.. the onli problem is Taufik's attitude.. but definitely, Taufik is very talented

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, speaking of which..

..since you brought up his name, i would say Mulyo Handoyo is a "good coach", but for Taufik(actually Taufik was under the guidance of another INA's legend, Iie Sumirat, the founder of Taufik's original club SGS Elektrik). I believe he(coach Mulyo) is also currently coaching or has coached other Pelatnas MS players..Thus going back to an earlier point in how to define who's the "best" coach etc., it is subjective and rather relative. It takes both components, a talented player w/ a right attitude & a "right" coach to make one a successful player. One will not work without the other.;) :cool:

#32 ctjcad, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  13. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Chris Hardinata also is the best coach..he produce so many INA world class MD player.

14. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Not to take credit away from Rexy, but it seems only KKK/TBH has shown remarkable improvements under his guidance. The others (CTF/LWW, Mohd Zakry/Gan, Lin/Mohd Fairuzzizuan, etc) are in fact getting worse, at least results-wise.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I believe LM only trained LCW...defintely no one can claim to be "best coach", he did brought LCW a long way to the top 1 or 2 in 06. LCW lost mainly to LD in Open finals which is not a bad thing cos' LD is better than LCW and every one else based on achievements, and when LD is done with the game, LD would have won the more Opens than anyone else so far in badminton. Mental toughness, LCW came back to beat LD in MO05, that is mental toughness and confidence. And if you are talking "what happen in 2007", LM is not there to a coach LCW, LOL!;)

16. eguitarcoolboy

Exactly, not even Rexy can claim that too like you said. But Rexy is no doubt a good coach and so is LMao. If we are talking about the best based on the results that the players produce, then LYB is no doubt the best out of all. Hey, the best coach we are talking about is judged based on his skills and strategies recruited, it has got nothing to do with his attitude or personal life... And I do not like LYB as a person, but he is just doing what he is hired to do and nothing is wrong.

Back to your points here. Sorry for misleading you but I am not talking about LCW's performance drops coz of the departure of LMao or he is not trained under LMao and I am not bashing LCW, I am just trying to tell some people here that if you really wanna support one player then support him even more when he is not producing result, not just saying stuff like LCW is superman, he's the hope of MAS MS etc when he is on top and bash him when he is having a bad time. And you know what, that's only been less than a year! Come on man, if you really like Badminton, then watch the game without caring who is playing on the court. If you really like the players, support them when they are winning and be a bit more considerate when they are having bad days + support them more!!

I like LCW, he is one of the great. He is just having a bad time and people blame him for not delivering? And comparing him to other top players?? HE IS LCW!! Not LD, BCL or PG or TH, why he should be as good as LD or the others?? Isn't he one different individual from the above and has his own strengths that others do not have?? Sorry it's a bit off topic here and I will shut up.

Cheers
    Kent

17. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

LCW is suffering from lost of confidence now. His skills is still there. Wong Tat Meng needs to boost up LCW confidence. As a coach, he needs to be a guidance to LCW ON and OFF court. LCW shares a special bond with Li Mao. Definitely, Li Mao is a very good coach. Wong Tat Meng should do more if he wants to replace Li Mao in LCW's heart. He should understand LCW feelings and helps him to solve them.

18. Qingyan

Qingyan Regular Member

Student
    hi,
    does anyone has any idea who the coach for the korea team WS is? :D