Swiss Open 2007 - Day 6 (17 Mar) - Semi-final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by suetyan, Mar 16, 2007.

1. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    is there live streaming (CCTV5/GDTV) for the final tomorrow? Anyone who knows please share the info, thanks.

2. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Poor poor Yannie, she lost.:crying:

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Poor Rian doesn't need to go to laundry tonight.
    Have a safe trip back to Indonesia..........................

4. Dimplex

Dimplex Regular Member

student
    what a great way to start off my day, i wake up..check the swiss open semi finals and find out that kkk/tbh won against tony and candra...yay :)

i wonder if kkk/tbh can repeat their all england performance against the danes? will eriksen be less nervous this time round? only time will tell :rolleyes:

i hope santoso can win against chen jin

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I have just now talked to Rian. He is very sad cuz he thinks he could have won. Very tired also.
    Now taking shower, going to room and rest.
    Tomorrow flight at 18.35 from Basel to Frankfurt...

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Simon, next INA MS hero??..

..nope, not me...:p ;)
    ..yes, i can somewhat concur with this...Taufik is a different breed on his own. No one is going to be the next Taufik, therefore not even Simon. Simon can only create his own legacy based on his own strengths & weaknesses..;) :cool:

#626 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Couple of surprises on the Semifinals day..

Just returned to find out there were a few surprises today.
    - Most notably the result of LinDan vs. Simon's match. Didn't expect it to end that way, but i guess injury is a big factor also, esp. for one LinDan who, basically, has competed in the last 4 SS events..Hope he can recover soon and get ready to compete again in abt 2 months time..
    Btw, if Simon is able to beat ChenJin tomorrow, which i doubt will be easy, is he going to be the 1st MS player out of the Qualification round, in these SS tourneys, to win a tourney??..:confused:
    - As for the 2nd MD match, just like i mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, EH&RS did give the Danes a good run for their money, losing in 3 tough sets. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be...yannie, sorry for the unfortunate result..:p

With that said, looking ahead to the Finals lineup, yes, indeed it's a bit refreshing to see a different lineup than your usual players/lineup..Hope the Finals will be as entertaining as the previous rounds..;):cool:

OFF TOPIC:wow, what happened again with the "banning" from kwun??..Take it easy guys and try not to get personal..:p :cool:

#627 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
  8. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Still sad hahahahaha but it's okay la..... tell you what...... because..... it... might..... be.......... EH/RS's last tournament together........ CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    Many people hate LD & CHN team, because they are too good.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Don't you think his style is more like Sony than Taufik? From what I've seen at least this tournament. Players like Taufik only come around every, ermm... once a generation maybe :p .

11. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    Both Simon & Sony coach was Joko Supriyanto.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

From what i've heard thru the grapevine...

...and from chatting with the INA coaches, namely coach Mulyo, 2 yrs ago during the WC, they all say his techniques/skills(ie. strokes) are arguably comparable to Taufik, perhaps even better...They didn't mention whether his playing style is similar to Sony or Taufik, but from what i've heard from acquaintances in INA who've watched him play, some would say he has a bit both Sony's & Taufik's style..So, it's hard to say if his game is strictly similar to either one..However, most of the coaches, i talked to, would concur that he just lacked that special "charisma" or "court presence" and mental confidence like Taufik....Perhaps because of his lack of international matches and not so satisfying results..However, he still has an advantage and that is his age..:cool:

In any rate, we shall see tomorrow morning/tonight if Simon can bring out the same game & attitude like he has the last 6 matches or so and put up a great performance against the talented ChenJin...It should be a fun one to watch, folks!!..;):D:cool:

#632 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Really???...

...hmm, is that so??...and what could be the reason???..:confused: :p

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's hard to do so...

...esp. if both partners never practiced nor sparred against each other, other than during tourneys or when they're able to convene together...That was one of Tony's "concern", when he was asked earlier abt how will they manage their practice time together...Let alone one has to consider their age as an important factor..;)

#634 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
  15. dugz86

dugz86 Regular Member

Sony and simon coach is hendrawan. Joko out already

16. ronk

ronk Regular Member

So Yannie,

What did Rian tell you over the phone? No more laundry to wash -- ha ha. Let us see whether KKK/TBH can demolish JE/ML tomorrow.

17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You have repeatedly used age as an excuse. In men's doubles, being too young usually works against you, rather than being too old. Players can play at quite a high level until the age of even 35. Due to the nature of the MD game, experience counts a lot.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, true but it's a fact...

..and so did others-see previous posts in this thread;)...True, players can play til up to the age of 35s or so(ie. the Danes)..And don't get me wrong, i credit all the winners, no matter what the outcome is/are...
    But with the success the M'sian as well as the other young KOR pairs have had against their more "veteran" opponents, namely Tony & Candra, which i'm sure we all know have a lot of experiences themselves, what else could be the deciding factor in the continuous success of those young pairs??..Consider also that only a handful of the young pairs have comparable or equal skills or playing styles as the other veteran players/pairs..Don't tell me the veteran pair(s) have less talent or court smarts or experiences than their younger pair(s)??..:confused: ;)

#638 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
  19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

No, very much because of LYB :D:D:D

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well, besides KKK/TBH, how many pairs (don't even mention young pairs) have sustained success against CW/TG? (And remember, it is only 2-1; it's difficult to call that constant success.) If age is such a factor, shouldn't other young pairs be at least equalling CW/TG?

I put it that KKK/TBH are successful (so far) not because of their youth but in spite.