Clone or just a fake?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by tubby, Mar 20, 2007.

1. tubby

tubby Regular Member

2. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I wouldn't buy one of these, there are just fake. They are not even factory seconds. There are rumours saying that YY is making OEM High-end rackets from the Chinese factory, but I doubt that a reputable Japanese company would do that. With the manufacturing technology nowadays in China, they can easily replicate shape and the paint job of the racket.

If I am going to buy a cheap racket, I would go for other Chinese brands, or even the new Carlton nano power. At least you know there is a real company behind.

3. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    You get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    All high end Yonex rackets are made in Japan. There is nothing to indicate otherwise.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    these people are trying hard to advertise counterfeits to make us think they are genuine.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Its simple...

If it says Yonex on it and isn't Yonex then its a FAKE.

Clones are sold under different names but try to mimic the properties and/or design of a Yonex model..

What is the point of buying a fake Yonex? I would either Buy a "honest" clone, or just get a real one.. (a badminton racket isn't really that expensive in my opinion.. if you compare it to tennis-rackets, golf-drivers, cars or the new airbus :p )

/Twobeer

7. Trick_shot

Trick_shot Regular Member

badminton pro
    Im your MAn

Your lucky i saw this thread because i know alot about these ebay rackets!:) you see the clones are basicly the same thing just slight differences. There known as an SP racket usually from the PBSI factory Singapore. they usually for nano speeds have nano carbon in them instead of Fullerene. they have this sticker on them ex.. http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-YONEX-NANO-SPEED-NS-8000-Badminton-Racket_W0QQitemZ290077758982QQcategoryZ79787QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

In the picture of this nano speed 8000 you'll see that green sticker and that sticker says PBSI on it that means it's a clone.
    I have yet to see a fake racket on ebay i dont belive there are and if very very few.
    A good place to get REAL rackets is where i get them from this guy and he ships world wide. http://stores.ebay.ca/sumai03

I just orderd a MP 100 code red from him it's great and a NS 9000 type X.
    If you have any other questions about clones in different areas i would be happy to help you. just post a reply and i'll get back asap!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/sumai03 up to 100 dollars on rackets!

I will be starting up a shop in ontario with REAL rackets soon so look out for Not'in But Badminton!

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    "they usually for nano speeds have nano carbon in them instead of Fullerene"...

hmm.. I am not sure you know what you are talking about.... :p :p

/T

9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Wow ! That post above is one of the crappiest one and full of bullpoo regarding counterfeits Ive ever have read.
    At least one point of your post is right in getting rackets of the ebay seller "sumai03", they are genuine.
    I am too tired to point out the real vs fake vs clones and I am sure other will correct them.

10. Trick_shot

badminton pro

:p Listen how is that bull whats wrong about it the clones do come in fullerene too maybe that was a bit confusing but5 i backed my PBSI point with disscription and a picture of the sticker on a racket of the clone in tother words the Armortec that your looking at is fine clones are very similar :D

11. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    You have got the facts wrong:

(1) The above characteristics alone do not mean the Yonex racket is a clone or fake.

(2) Genuine Yonex rackets distributed in this region (South East Asia) that have SP/IP distribution code do bear the SP on the shaft and PBSI logo sticker on the cone, with the exception of TH distribution code.

(3) There is no "PBSI factory" in Singapore.

(4) PBSI is the short form for the Badminton Association of Indonesia. This name is real.

I think this is what Zangetsu is trying to tell you.

TwoBeer's #6 post on the definition of Clone and Fake is short and accurate.

12. tubby

tubby Regular Member

Thanks for that Trickshot - you opened yourself up for alot of abuse so you could post that reply.

I am curious about the playability of these racquets. Will they offer the same levels of power, etc or are they just duds.

Have you tried one of these racquets before?

13. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

fakes are fakes. Clones are far different from fakes as mentioned above.
    Real ones and fakes are like difference is quite big.
    will they have same power from real one? probably no.
    Durability? Most fake ones if it last more then few hours you'll be lucky.
    Have we tried them?
    well CD seems to love his fake Ti 10, but most of us don't even bother with them becaus they're fake. It's better off buying real low end racquet then fake.

14. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    I cannot under any circumstance imagine Yonex Japan allowing a company that makes it's OEM rackets produce a copy of it's high end Japan rackets. This would be suicide. What value would the Japan made rackets have in the worldwide marketplace. This is a fake/counterfit no question.

15. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Hmm hard to tell from just one picture. Ebay isn't truthworthy I rather go to SH, MBS, or a local yonex retailer.

16. Trick_shot

badminton pro
    Thanks

:rolleyes: ThaNKS AND YES I HAVE TRIED some clone maybe 3 or 4 and nobody freak out on me here because i could be wrong?? But From the clones that i've tried they seem to be in lower preferred tension like in NS 8000 mine says the tension can go up to 22 when my JP can go up top 24. I dont know what the JP preffered tension for a TI - 10 is but mine is up to 22.
    :) Hope that helps i could be wrong?? :crying: I'm just going by what i've seen.

17. Trick_shot

badminton pro
  18. tubby

tubby Regular Member

Thanks for that Trickshot. I have sent an email asking how much the shipping would be to the UK. That could be the difference between buying from there or buying from the cheapest places in the UK.

I agree with you that I would rather find the cheapest price for my favourite real racket.

19. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

clone is different from fake. fake Yonex rackets bear the names (Nanospeed, MusclePower, etc), but are not the same quality and are usually sold a whole lot less.

clone on the other hand, DO NOT bear the same names but do have very similar names. APACS is a good example of a clone. they make very good quality rackets at fraction price compared to yonex.

if you have a low budget and still want quality, choose clones over fakes.

btw, there is a s***load of fake/counterfeit rackets on ebay. i only know 2 or 3 sellers that are legit, sumai03 being one of them.