Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by yannie, May 14, 2006.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

hehehe..agree with you.Seem, my respect for TBH is more higher now eventough i like KKK.It seem like reality show..it is.Just it is not reality show it is reality life.I also feel sad if i'm in TBh shoes,my mother crying for me,i feel worried of her.Maybe tat why TBh mother never express her feeling to his son,afraid she disturbing TBH concentration.She good mom..like mother like son..Hope TBH appreciated what his parent had done to him...:cool:

2. winnie

winnie Regular Member

ya.. they have really close relationship..
    it's once that when his mum is there, tbh lose..after that her mum never go to see her son play anymore, jz watch tv cos she hope he will always win every tournament he's in! so touching!!!

3. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Badminton: Boon Heong also receives RM35,000
    ALOR STAR: Shuttler Tan Boon Heong, who together with Koo Kien Keat won the All-England men's doubles title for Malaysia after a lapse of 25 long years, received RM35,000 in reward from the Kedah government and the state Barisan Nasional (BN).
    The state government gave RM10,000 and the state BN contributed RM25,000. The Mentri Besar, Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid, who is also the Kedah BN chairman, presented the reward to Boon Heong at his office here yesterday.
    [​IMG] Well done: Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid (left) handing over a mock cheque for RM10,000 to Tan Boon Heong yesterday. – G.C. TAN / The Star
    Mahdzir said that the reward was in appreciation of bringing glory to the state and also to inspire Boon Heong to achieve greater success.
    Boon Heong, who was accompanied by his father Tan Yoon Meng, thanked the state for its support and pledged to bring more glory to the country and Kedah.
    On Friday, Kien Keat received a similar amount as a reward from the Perak government and the state BN.
    Boon Heong-Kien Keat only forged a partnership last October. And in just a short period together, they have won four titles in six international outings.
    Their other victories were at the Doha Asian Games, Malaysian Open and Swiss Open. – Bernama

4. liying_0505

Student
    i woke up at 6am to watch the replay of "our shuttler's dream" cuz i missed 20 mins of the beginning

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i wish i could watch that too. glad TBH got something from the kedah government. hope they will be wise with the money. i think they will because we all realize how important it is to manage money. plus they will not be playing forever. better save the money and use it later. he he he

6. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

All i can say is....don't type TBH. You won't find his real friendster. Go for "Sky Tan" but u will still find a lot of results. :D :D :D All the best in searching his real friendster. ;)

7. sotongYJ

sotongYJ Regular Member

student
    I found one but i dunno whether it is his real ID onot.....n i sent a fren request 2 him, but he didn't approve....

btw did u guys watch our shuttlers' dream last 9 on AEC(astro)?.....so touched lar.....

8. Rachel Tan

Rachel Tan Regular Member

I also watched the replay this morning, have missed yesterday's programme. So touching! This Saturday another repeat of this programme at 8am. I sure will watch for the 2nd time!:)

9. Rachel Tan

I strongly agree with you. Really really proud of him and Kien Kiat. Btw, the duo will be meeting our Yang-Dipertuan Agong tomorrow. Walau eh,what a great honour for them!

10. ixory

ixory Regular Member

They meet YDPA tomorrow,wow interesting...What for aaa..could u tell me???Even YDPA like them,can't blame anyone...:p .

11. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

meeting YDPA?? wah sei!! super great! guess this is the last thing ever come to their mind :) tbh n kkk.. keep it up! win the gold medal in Olypic n YDPA may meet u both again! wakakkakka

12. winnie

winnie Regular Member

wah..metting YDPA tomorrow..
    sure will got rewards for them again!!
    will them being rewarded with the tittle "Datuk" ?
    haha then they will be Datuk Tan Boon Heong and Datuk Koo Kien Keat..hahaha

13. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

that's far way to go isn't it??:confused:

hahah..anyway.. hope kkk/tbh will win more titles! :D

14. winnie

winnie Regular Member

we never know what malaysia gov will do..
    haha but it's possible they will be given datuk titles..hehe

15. ixory

ixory Regular Member

ya they still young... maybe they had to wait for another 20 years.wakakakaka..:D

16. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

i dont like the way msia is overreacting on their win. To me it's overreacting. Suddenly liking them JUST because they won. If they didn't win, would they still go see them and say like hey, u did ur best, keep striving? tbh is young, and that's a lot for him to handle. oh well. brilliance is just like that.

17. Rachel Tan

Sorry guys,KKK-TBH are meeting the YDPA today,not tomorrow.Anyway,feel very proud of them.KKK-TBH,keep on going ya.

18. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

The short "honeymoon" period is over for TBH/KKK. They have to report for training tomorrow (Tuesday). See article by Star Sports below:

Badminton: Heroes Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong to report for training Tuesday

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) has decided there will be no more new celebration requests will be accepted for hotshots Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong as the national heroes for winning four titles in less than six months.
    On Monday, national chief coach Yap Kim Hock said that there would not be any more celebrations for Kien Keat-Boon Heong when they report for training at the Gymnasium Two in Bukit Jalil Tuesday.

"There will be one or two more functions for them this week. But the BAM have decided not to entertain anymore requests made this week for them," said Kim Hock.
    "It is enough. The celebration has ended for them. It is time for them to get back in shape again for upcoming tournaments."
    Kim Hock said that the national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky would decide on the duo's participation in the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) in Johor Baru from April 10-15 based on their condition in training.

19. liying_0505

Student
    good good..... shouldn't celebrate too much.....
    must focus on their training...... if not they will be like hafiz the yo-yo

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yup.. back for work. Infact they are happier going back to training than attending those interviews etc..