Similar to Armortec 800DE?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by IronMaiden11, Apr 2, 2007.

1. IronMaiden11

IronMaiden11 New Member

Student
    I recently broke one of my AT800DE rackets, and when my mom went to the local racket store to get another one, they said they didn't make them anymore.:crying: I was thinking of looking on Ebay (because I'd rather not change rackets), but that could be risky considering I could get a fake. I was wondering what racket(s) is very similar to AT800DE...especially in the aspects of:
    -Stiffness
    -playability
    -overall style

This is probably my fav racket that I've ever owned...any help is appreciated...u can also contact me by email if u wish, rock_music11@hotmail.com

Thankyou

2. j_e_thompson

j_e_thompson Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yeah, I broke one of mine at the weekend (my newest one with NBG95). Had a bad tournament and smacked the ground a little too hard in frustration. Lovely spiral fracture at the 5 o'clock position. Still got two left though...

Anyway, I think the nearest thing is probably the AT900T if you want to stay with Yonex. All the specs are very similar to the AT800DE. Not sure about other brands though. I'm sure SOTX or Apacs have something similar (and a bit cheaper).

John

3. IronMaiden11

IronMaiden11 New Member

Student
    K thanks...I talked to my coach about it and he said at this time in the season it would be best to stay with the racket I have, so I'm thinking of trying ebay. But if I go to get a new racket next season, I will definitly keep the AT900T in mind