Leeds Utd 1, M.........U......0

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Cheung, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Saw the news last night.

An unmarked Kewell heading the ball into the Man Utd net.

Paul Robinson did well again. He's cemented his place in the Leeds lineup. Nigel Martyn looks a little less agile in comparison.

Yesss

2. modious

modious Regular Member

R u a Leeds Utd fan?
    Yeah, Paul Robinson has the capability to become a great keeper. Won't be suprised if he makes the England Jersey his own in the years to come.
    Richard Wright and Kris Kirkland are not really coming up whilst Seaman, Martyn and Flowers are getting too old. David James doesn't give me that sense of security....Ian Walker has long been forgotten.

Btw, I'm a Man Utd fan and oh my..... Man U is indeed in a crisis now with Veron, Keane, Butt and Scholes all out!!

3. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    Aussie Aussie Aussie, kewell is doing wonders but Australian national league (NSL) is very week, all our top players are going overseas. I think 7 aussies play for leeds including the former Australian manager terry venables. I am a Bayern Fan though.

4. viver

viver Regular Member

Interesting that Australia have a weak domestic league but producing high quality players: Kewell, Viduka, etc. Not forgetting Vieri though he chose to represent Italy.

My team is Benfica. Nowadays because of Figo I'm paying more attention to Real Madrid. Also interested on news on Queiros in MU, now the assistant to Ferguson. Queiros is a very interesting and intelligent individual. As a player he was not great, but as a manager/coach he must be one of the best in the world.

5. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    The domestic league is boyend poor, soccer australia was gong to sack everyone and start from scratch. I dont think there is enough promotion. I think it would be cool if we got some millionaires investing in the clubs and turning it into a money sport. Money sport sounds bad but it would produce good players. In the strong countries (england, france in particular) its a money sport and they suceed. Except france in the world cup.