How come there's nothing on Techno?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Uberon, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Uberon

Uberon Regular Member

High School Student
    How come there is no information on Techno racquets? I have a Techno Pro 590 Titanium, and there is nothing on the internet about it save a German site with 2 numbers that I don't understand. I haven't actually used it yet, but I was wondering what people thought of it. Are Techno racquets that bad? Why does nobody use them?:confused: Okay, well, thanks in advance.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    because it is not common nor readily available to the general public. Of all the clubs i play in, i only saw 1 guy using it.

#2 cooler, Sep 22, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2002
  3. Uberon

Uberon Regular Member

High School Student
    But I got it at Sport Chek

And Sport Chek has lots of branches... There were a few Techno racquets there, but they didn't even have MP100s or Ti10s... I think you can only get those from Hong Kong or something.

4. GRObFURSt

GRObFURSt Regular Member

Year 10 Student
    I know wy...purely because there is no demand for the racket.

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    if you already own one, just play with it. if you like it, keep it. if you don't like it, get rid of it. why bother with what other people think of it... :D

6. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

well if you like the racket, then all the power to you, but IMHO there not great racket's, more eyecandy if anything.

7. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

yes..u can get the cheap ones at sport chek..hmm...but personally...i really don't think techno makes that big of a noise..unlike yonex or any other big name

8. Uberon

Uberon Regular Member

High School Student
    Okee den tanx

I went to practice and found out that most of the people here use Techo... I guess Canada is queer eh? hehe
    and then I used my racket and it is pretty okay... not bad, i guess, and this other guy has the exact same one, but i think he hits harder.... so yeah...

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    see... it's your own opinion you have to care about... enjoy the racquet! :p

10. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

I saw and tried a Techno Pro racket the other night. It has a bubble shaft (like those Taylor Made golf club shafts) and it is suppose to be titanium quartz whatever. It is quite heavy (head heavy and I feel overall the racket is heavy) and the shaft is fat. It is supposed to be the top of the line. Nice graphics and design but may be difficult to use.

11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    i did buy the 1700 earlier this year. was cheap (on sale at sportsmart plus staff discount) and looked okay. very heavy racquet in spite of the marketing blurbs on the shaft that says super-lightweight. the racquet does play well, but very clumsy and slow. i weighed the racquet and it around 110 g. so not sure what super-lightweight means to the people at techno. i got rid of mine to a friend who is a body builder. he likes it, but then he can swing a sledgehammer and call it lightweight.

at the same time, there was another friend who also had the same 1700. he enjoyed it very much, played with it constantly until the frame cracked on him after 6 or 8 months of average playing. he is still considering buying another one.

12. Uberon

Uberon Regular Member

High School Student
    Yeah, better than my $3 racquet...

I used to use a $3 (even less than that, in Canadian, including tax) racquet.... The fishing line and iron actually provide good power (for a $3 racquet), but Techno is better... hehe
    i didn't want to sprain my wrist swinging that heavy iron bat with fishing line across it, so i got my Techno when I found out that I actually made the team... well that is the entire story of my competitive badminton life... hope you found it inspiring.. or something..... :p

#12 Uberon, Sep 26, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2002
  13. Uberon

Uberon Regular Member

High School Student
    BTW $3 = best bang for da buck

If you want a cheap racquet, I'd recommend you buy a set of 4 racquets for $10 canadian.... :p they've got the best bang for the buck, and that single $3 racquet has lasted me a couple practices, a couple summers' casual play, and it is still in good condition (well, it looks like it is falling apart, but it came that way) :D
    btw i still use it to practice sometimes.

14. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Yeah a friend of mine bought a Techno in Germany and it was 110g too :p

When she told me, saying she thought it was light I was astounded, the heaviest racquet I've used since I switched from metal was 94 g :p