The problem with Malaysian badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by YellowString, Apr 16, 2007.

1. YellowString

YellowString Regular Member

Architect
    Boris Becker, I believe won the Wimbledon at the age of 18. Pele won the WC in Sweden when he was just 17. Cristiano Ronaldo was 18 when he signed for Man Utd for 13m. I am sorry, age has got nothing to do with it. It is down to character.

As for your blanket question if it were me? I will answer you this way ... whether you are a badminton star, pop star, film star, businessman, or whatever it is that you do. You need to be humble, willing to learn (no matter how old or experienced you are), have discipline, commitment, diligence and never forget your roots. Once you start the neglect these, you can never be successful.

2. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    very much agree!;)

3. YellowString

Architect
    Here's my straight answer..... Jaguh Kampung mentality! Win one major tournament become glamour superstar. And then *pooof* hilang! pocit! Just look at Hafiz Hashim ... yes All England winner before .... but now how?? Thomas Cup win ... players given lands and became instant millionaires ... what happened next??? Bankrupts some became.

Even some foreign coaches like Morten Frost and Li Mao had enough and packed their bags. Too much politics in BAM. And this leads to what? Jaguh Kampung mentality.

4. YellowString

Architect
    Look at the Koreans or even Denmark, do you think we can beat them now? How is it that they can improve so fast, especially Denmark where I believe government support to the game there is nothing as compared to Msia.

The difference between us and the Koreans, Denmark, China, Indonesia is that we have a jaguh kampung mentality while they have a winner mentality. We pamper and spoil our players and once they dont perform , we even dish out ready make excuses for them.

As you said, let time be the proof. I hope KKK turn his game around in the coming Sing and Indo Opens.

5. YellowString

Architect
    You are from England?

Having talent alone is not enough. Look at what happened to your Paul Gascoigne. He was a talented football but look what happened to him?

The issue here is KKK's approach to his game after winning AE and SO.

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    yeah totally agree with you YellowString. Pls DON'T spoil our players and dish out ready made excuse.

Lame Excuses: too young, too tired, too busy entertaining everyone, 1st time offense (which is definitely NOT)........

The reason why we bashed KKK is not because he lost in the final, it is because he was putting on a show at ABC rather than playing at his best. Although he had won the semi final match but he still got screwed by Rexy for his wrong attitude. Losing is nothing compared to what he did, how come we didnt bash LCW or TBH. Although they lost but the least is they have the right attitude.

The worst thing is that KKK after being warned for his show off at semi final by Rexy, in final he was even twice worse than before. So it was his 2nd REPEATED OFFENCE, not 1st.....

Have u heard of a chinese proverb as such :"a mother that is too kind will bring lots of bad children" meaning that a mother that doesn't scold or punish her children when they do wrong things, will simply end up spoiling them and thus bringing up lots of bad children.

#86 alfa-2, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  7. Armotec500

Armotec500 Regular Member

I am very surprised with a fan like you :eek:...it was only ABC tournaments and not Olympic or WC man...you have to lost sometimes to make you stronger...even Rexy/Ricky also lost sometimes (example during TC '92 when they were beaten by Soon Kit/Beng Kiang in Final) but they won more titles after that...

8. YellowString

Architect
    I think you totally miss the point. We have no problem if they lose if they had done they best. Please understand that. :rolleyes:

The issue here is how they lost the game. KKK was show boating. He was playing to the gallery. In simple terms, he was not serious. Took things lightly. Rexy slated him for that even.

Can you now understand the difference between trying your best and not trying your best??? :confused:

#88 YellowString, Apr 17, 2007
  9. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Cant some of you read? it is NOT about losing.......it was his attitude. oh my goodness......pls and pls read carefully our arguments before judging them.

10. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    damn right!!!....we shouldnt blame them IF they played to their very best and had never-say-die attitude in the court. i'll still give them a big applaud though...:)

but last Sun's performance............sigh.....

11. Armotec500

Funny man, only one mistake that KKK's made in ABC, you guys already cursed him like hell :confused::confused::confused:...if KKK keeps doing this in 3-4 more tournaments, then i think it is fair to bash him kauu kauuu like this...but now with only one tournaments, you guys already conclude his future :eek::eek::eek:

Ok, i am out from here, there no point reading,entertain & arguing with you guys :D...sorry man if i said something that hurts a few of you (darien, alfa-2, yellowstring), i just dont understand you guys...my apologize man...

12. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    haha...no problem Armotec500, you are excused. but you gonna see they(KKK/TBH) slumping again in Sin Open.

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Armotec500: Funny man, only one mistake that KKK's made in ABC, you guys already cursed him like hell :confused::confused::confused:...
    alfa-2: First of all, we're not cursing him. Just criticising.

Armotec500: if KKK keeps doing this in 3-4 more tournaments, then i think it is fair to bash him kauu kauuu like this...but now with only one tournaments, you guys already conclude his future :eek::eek::eek:
    alfa-2: And this wasnt his 1st offense, he did it 2 days in a row (Sf & Final of ABC), even after Rexy give some kau kau 1 after semi final, he stil have the guts for that terrible attitude on court in the final. For sure I didnt conclude his future. I was just stating a question then. So pls read carefully before start misjudging ppl.

Armotec500:
    Ok, i am out from here, there no point reading,entertain & arguing with you guys :D...sorry man if i said something that hurts a few of you (darien, alfa-2, yellowstring), i just dont understand you guys...my apologize man...
    alfa-2: Yeah, there is no point reading if you cant really read properly. This is a forum, place to say things or point out your opinion, so there's no need for you to entertain us as this is not a karaoke lounge. Thank you.

14. YellowString

Architect
    Talk about ready make excuses! It is never ending isnt it?

No wonder the Chinese and Indonesians dominate the game with the Koreans, Danish and English coming up fast and we, Malaysians be jaguh kampungs.

15. YellowString

Architect
    ... but I am sure Armotec500 will have another ready make excuse all ready by then.

16. yhkin

yhkin Regular Member

Government officer
    i'm out of here...i can't understand u guys..

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    hahaha...poor guy...
    i guess he won't be here by then coz of our true comments...
    but hope someday he will understand the real picture of it...
    Armotec500, we welcome you back when u realize our comments are so true..:D

19. Armotec500

Alfa-2, Darien & Yellowstring, see u bros...only you guys are clever,can read & count properly, only your opinions are right BUT not other people...damn i am out from here :mad::mad::mad:

#99 Armotec500, Apr 17, 2007
  20. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    LOLolOLoloLOLOLOL......:D:D:D:D:D wakakkkKKKAKAKWKakak.......