Anyone from toronto?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wildstyler, Sep 3, 2002.

1. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    Hi everyone,

I don't think I've been posting a lot on here, but I just wanted to know if anyone is from toronto because I want to meet up with some people with my friend, so any help here would be great!

Sorry about this request but I prefer chinese myself, so anyone chinese would be great, especially cantonese-talking chinese people would be the perfect people.

Planning to come down maybe around end of September until October.

Thanks

Wildstyler

2. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    I'm Located in the GTA!!!

3. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Hey wildstyler,
    I'm located in Toronto, so when you come you can play with me and hopefully some others. I'm also Chinese:)D ) and speak cantonese fluently....hehe

Do you have ICQ or MSN? Or you can email me or PM me.....

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    ditto for me...

5. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    I'm in Toronto and I speak Cantonese. But you guys would probably make me feel old. Ahh to be a teenager again. Not to mention you'd probably kick my a$$ all over the court.

6. TDotSmAsHer

TDotSmAsHer Regular Member

Student Gr 11 in Sept.------- badminton player/ad
    Nanashi would probably kick all our asses.. :p I know zero can beat me 'cause i played /w him a few times b4... but then i suk :)

Reynar.. how old r u? Im 16.. zero is like 17... and nanashi is 16 as well. It's ok.. i'm used to playing with middle aged people and old people at places.... (middle aged as in around 25.. old as in 35 and over :) )lol.. and where do u usually play ..?

I understand cantonese.. and can speak real basic stuff haha.. just talk real slow...

7. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    I'm 25. I looked at your profiles, that's how I know you are all little whippersnappers.:) I've only started playing again last winter and only once a week. Last time I played was way back in High school. I play at a community centre in Scarborough the floors are concrete. My back can attest to that.

8. TDotSmAsHer

Pshhh... I only started playing January... doing ok... trying to focus on singles game at the moment but not enough chances to play singles ... well I can get in some at the beginning and at the end but when more people come... gotta play doubles or people will get pissed ...

I'll play you :) Where do u play in scarbrough that has concrete floors?! thats gotta be really hard on the knee.... I play around downtown now adays... :) Pretty cool.. the places I play at around there are like under 5 min walks from subway..

9. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    I usually play with a whole bunch of my middle-aged friends.:D It's always really busy. And if you're downtown Scarborough's pretty far just to play a couple games.

Where do you usually play? Do you belong to a club? I've been looking for more places to play. L'Amoreaux seems too busy for my tastes and I can't afford Lee's.

10. TDotSmAsHer

Wat?! You play at l'am? I thought l'am was wooden floors.. I don't remember hehe... I played there on sundays a few times during the summer.... but too far.. i live in the weston area of toronto i guess you could say... It wasn't too busy in the summer.. I didn't have to wait much.... but then there were 9 courts in the summer... No I don't play at any "real" clubs.. :p

11. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    No I don't go to L'am I just hear that it's very busy. I go near my place, but it's a bit far for you since you live in west Toronto. I was just wondering where you go downtown that even has the possibility of singles.

12. TDotSmAsHer

No no.. it's "meant" for doubles... but if I go a bit early and not much people are there yet i can sneak in some singles.. :) and at the end when people start to leave too... :)

Uhhhh..... Since school started played only 1-2 times a week... I may try to play 3-4 times a week depending on how much homework I have.....

13. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    I realize it's meant for doubles. However when I played downtown the places were always so full there was no possiblity of singles. I was wondering if you had a good place that wasn't that busy since you could get a little singles in.

14. TDotSmAsHer

Ok... gotta go to school in like 2 minutes though.... so i'll give u directions to the place and info. You'll only get singles in if you come early and stay late... goes from about 7:30-10:30 (come earlier then that and stay till 11! I gaurentee you'll get singles games after about 10:15 because only a few people remain!) .... $5 drop in/membership but i advise u get membership...i only started going there last week it's pretty good. people there are decent ... they're all adults I think but theres a few advanced guys there. Anyways.. g2g 2 skool tty when i get home.

15. TDotSmAsHer

K.. check your PM.. sent u 2 messages!

#15 TDotSmAsHer, Oct 1, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2002
  16. Baddie

Baddie Regular Member

Hi Guys,

I live in manila, philippines but i have a very good friend who lives in toronto. He is here in manila right now and if you guys could PM me your addresses or contact nos., i will pass them to him. He is also looking for badminton players in Toronto and will be back there by oct. 27. He is chinese and speaks cantonese. thanks! :p

17. Paul009

Paul009 Regular Member

Student
    im from Gta

Anyone here in high school, in york region? Maybe i can see you when the school season starts

18. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    why's it say you're in ottawa? what school are u in york region?

19. Paul009

Paul009 Regular Member

Student
    im from toronto really

Thats easy, i go to ummmmmmm.............uummmmmmmmm Markham District. Yeah thats the school.

But no seriously i go to Markham District

20. Paul009

Paul009 Regular Member

Student
    where to play in markham

Where can you play in markham or york region. I believe you have to live in scarborough to go to drop ins. Im not looking for a club, just a place to go and have fun. If you know any drop ins in the GTA,most perferably markham or scarbourough, send it to me

Thanx