chen hong's comeback and difficulties

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by dannyang, Apr 25, 2007.

1. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

anyone translates?

5月1日,随着新加坡超级赛开战,北京奥运羽毛球积分赛抢分大战也正式开幕,包括中国队高手在内的各路羽球选手都将加入抢分大战,而在这场大战中,有一位特殊的球员,那就是从中国国家队退役、却以个人身份参加奥运积分赛的陈宏。
      亚锦赛亚军是陈宏退役两个多月后以个人名义参赛取得的战绩,如今他又要参加即将开始的奥运会积分赛---新加坡超级赛和印尼超级赛。在5月1日开始的新加坡超级赛上,他是男单五号种子,与林丹同在一个半区,首轮将遭遇22岁的印尼球员西蒙·桑托索。对于这样的签位,2002年、2003年两度在新加坡赛夺冠的陈宏表示:“打了20年球,还是那句老话,打开心球,现在的我打谁都一样。”对于以个人身份参加奥运积分赛,陈宏说:“从来没人这样做过,我这样做只是想换个没有压力、相对宽松的环境打球。我要继续打球,要保持状态,就只能在这条别人没有走过的路上摸索。”
      单飞因现实“所迫”
      国家队吃、住、行都有专人负责,更主要的是训练质量有保证,对运动员保持状态大有帮助。那为什么陈宏会选择单飞呢?
      陈宏正式退出国家队是今年春节前的事情,但2006年他就产生这样的念头了。2006年成都大师赛,小将陈金横空出世,年轻富有朝气的陈金深受教练组重视,而且他在接下来的比赛中也非常抢眼,排名一路飙升到世界第三。从年龄结构来看,林丹、鲍春来、陈金就构成了中国队男单最强三人组,年近30岁的陈宏因此变得尴尬。在2006年西班牙世锦赛上,陈宏干掉了皮特·盖德、陶菲克后输给了林丹,世锦赛之后他就向媒体透露了退役之心。而多哈亚运会,陈宏没有进入参赛名单,这也是一次不小的打击。事业上不是很顺的陈宏,感情上却找到了归属,他与中国台北队的羽毛球选手辜佩婷坠入情网,并结为夫妻。在春节前,经过深思熟虑后,陈宏选择退出国家队。
      原本陈宏将以福建乒羽网中心副主任的身份继续自己的生活,然而回福建过了个春节后,他得到了一份意外的礼物。某羽毛球器材商找到陈宏,愿意付全部费用让陈宏“以个人名义,并作为中国羽毛球协会成员”的身份参加国际国内一系列比赛。
      陈宏的单飞是一系列阴差阳错的结果,单飞并非陈宏真心所愿,但现实让陈宏不得不单飞。陈宏参加这些比赛也并不是单纯为了给商家做活广告, 北京奥运会仍然对陈宏有巨大吸引力,只不过他现在已经不能作为国家队的一员去备战、参赛了。正如陈宏对媒体所说:“既然还能打,我就要争取胜利,争取胜利是每个球员的目标。”
      一路上困难重重
      最新一期世界排名,陈宏列男单第四,这是一个足以让他获得北京奥运参赛资格的排名,但这也是奥运积分赛前的最后一次排名。一年后的这个时候,陈宏还能排在世界前四吗?这不是不可能,但真的很难。
      有了赞助商的支持,陈宏参赛的经费不成问题,而且奖金都是归自己所有,陈宏现在最大的问题是训练水平不高和没有教练。没有高水平的训练对手,会严重影响竞技水平。陈宏现在退出国家队不久,这种困难可能还没有显现出来,但随着时间的推移,他必然会感觉到巨大的差异。而 乒乓球、羽毛球、 网球球员对教练的依赖性极大,平时训练、赛前战术制定、临场指挥,都直接影响到球员最后的成绩。这也是为什么李矛离开马来西亚队去韩国队当教练后,马来西亚头号选手李宗伟甚至跟马来西亚羽协翻脸的原因。单飞的陈宏就无法得到高水平教练的指点,就算是陈宏多年的比赛经验能够支撑,但关键时刻,有教练和没教练的提点,这差别实在是太大了。
      除了这两个主要原因外,其他诸如比赛恢复、对手研究、心理压力、年龄增长也会影响到陈宏的成绩。可以这么说,陈宏的单飞之路,比所有人想像的都还要艰难。
      飞多高很难预测
      陈宏宣布单飞参赛后,中国队总教练李永波就表示:如果陈宏到明年奥运会前,仍排名世界前四,谁也不会剥夺陈宏参加奥运的机会。其实在陈宏退出国家队前,李永波也说过类似的话。陈宏在退出国家队前,中国羽毛球队教练组做了很多工作,但陈宏坚持退出,教练组也只能尊重陈宏。
      抛开陈宏能不能获得参赛资格不谈,只说“如果陈宏获得了奥运参赛资格”该怎么办。陈宏对此表示:“以自由人身份参加奥运会积分赛就不占用中国队的参赛名额,我有资格独立报名。有更多人代表中国羽协争取奥运会参赛席位是好事!”
      而乒羽中心主任刘凤岩昨天被问到“如果陈宏奥运积分赛后依然是世界前四,中国羽毛球队应该怎么处理?”这个问题时表示:“这样的情况以前也有,比如我们有5个人都有奥运会资格,那就要中心领导还有队里面讨论,看谁的状态好,谁最有把握,协商解决。”

2. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    any x`LATION?

ARGH.... cant read chinese ler...any x`lation?:crying:

3. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

English translation

On May 1, with the start of Singapore SS, ranking point accumulation for Olympics 2008 at Peking also starts. All badminton players including Chinese team will start competing for ranking points. There is a special player in this competition, that is Chen Hong, who just retired from Chinese national team and compete as individuals instead in these ranking point tournaments.

Chen Hong got Silver medal in ABC within two months of his retirement and competing as individuals. He will now play in Olympic ranking point tournaments - Singapore SS and Indonesian SS. He is 5th seed for MS in Singapore SS starting in May 1st, in the same half division as Lin Dan. He will meet 22 year old Simon Santosh in 1st round. As to the draw, Chen Hong, the two time champion of Singapore Open in 2002 and 2003, said: "After playing for 20 years, it's the old saying, 'play for fun.' It doesn't matter whom I'm competing with these days." As to competing as individuals in Olympic ranking point tournaments, Chen Hong said: "Nobody has done this before. I do this because I want to play in an relatively relaxed environment, without stress. I will continue to play, and I have to explore the unexplored path to keep my form.

Going solo due to external reality
    The national team takes care of eating, living, and traveling, and most important of all, it guarantees the quality of training, and that's very helpful to keep atheletes in form. So why did Chen Hong decide to go solo?

Chen Hong formally left the national team around Spring Festival, but the idea occurred to him in 2006. At 2006 Cheng-Do Masters tournament, junior Chen Jin made a splash, and the young, energetic Chen Jin caught the eyes of the coaching team. Chen Jin also shined in the tournaments that followed, and his world rank jumped to #3. From a seniority perspective, LD, BCL, CJ forms the top trio in Chinese MS, and that put Chen Hong, who is almost 30, in a difficult position. At 2006 Spanish WC, CH beat Peter Gade, and Taufik lost to LD, and CH revealed to the media after WC that he wanted to retire. CH was not included in the team for Doha Asian Games, and this also adds to the trouble. While CH encountered setback in his career, he found home in his emotional life, and fell in love with Chinese Taipei badminton player Kuo Pei-Ting and married her. After careful consideration, CH decided to leave national team.

CH originally planned to continue his life as vice director of Fujian Badminton Center, but after going back to Fujian for Spring Festival, he got an unexpected present. A badminton equipment manufacture (Victor) got in touch with CH and will pay all expenses for CH
    to 'as an individual, and a member of Chinese Badminton Association' to compete in domestic and international tournaments.

CH's going solo is the result of a series of unexpected turns. Going solo is not CH's real wish, but external realities made him do so. CH competes in these tournaments not only as living advertisements for his sponsor, but Peking Olympics is also has huge attractions for him. It's just that he can no longer prepare and compete as a member of the national team. Just as CH said to media, "Since I can play, I will play to win, as victory is the goal of every player."

(to be con'd)

4. mettayogi

mettayogi Regular Member

English translation, part 2

Many difficulties along the way
    CH ranked #4 for MS in the most recent world ranking, which is sufficient for him to compete in Peking Olympics, but this is also the last ranking before Olympic ranking point tournaments. Can CH still rank #4 one year from now? This isn't impossible, but it's really difficult.

CH has no financial issue with the support of his sponsor, and he will keep all the prize money. The biggest problem for CH is quality of training and lack of coaching. Competitive skills are severely affected without high quality training partner. CH hasn't left national team for long, and this problem may not be obvious, but as time goes on, he must feel a huge difference. Players for table tennis, badminton, or tennis rely on their coaches a lot for everyday training, pre-game strategy formulation, and live game advice; these all affect the final outcome for a player. That is why Malaysian's MS #1 LCW bang his head against BAM after Li Mao left Malaysia for Korea as head coach. CH going solo can't get high quality coaching; even if CH can survive on his many years of tournament experience, the difference is still great with or w/o coach's advise at crucial moments.

In addition to these two major factors, CH's performance will also be affected by post-game recovery, competitor studies, psychological pressure, and aging. It can be said the CH's road of going solo is harder than all have imagined.

Hard to predict how high he can reach
    After CH announced he is going solo, Chinese team head coach Li Yong Bo said: "If CH still ranks #4 in world ranking before next year's Olympic game, nobody will prevent him from competing in Olympics." LYB in fact said similar things before CH left the team. Chinese coaching team has done a lot of work before CH left the national team, but CH insisted, and the coaching team respected his decision.

Apart from whether CH can qualify to compete, let's talk about what to do if he qualifies for Olympics. CH commeted : "Competing as an individual in Olympic ranking point tournaments doesn't take away the quota for Chinese team. I can register independently. It's a good thing that more people can represent Chinese Badminton Assoc. in Olympic ranking point tournaments!"

When Liu Fong-Yan, director of Table-tennis and Badminton Center, was asked yesterday about "If CH still ranks #4 in the world after Olympic ranking point tournaments, what will Chinese Badminton Assoc. do?", he said, "This has happened before. For example, if we have five players that qualify for Olympics, then the leadership of the center and the team will dicuss, coordinate and resolve it based on who is in the best form, who has the best chance to win."

5. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    nice... he will still have his wife to train with =P hehehe... prolly not as good as the chinese team but should keep him within shape =D

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am sure Ku is a good player herself. However, I have to say, her standard should be no where near the national team MS player. Therefore, using his wife or even his own team's top gun to maintain CH's level, is almost a mission impossible. :cool:

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    he has no team? hehehe... but yes, i do sorta agree with you.
    on a funny note, he can play against himself.. he will get a good workout in terms of stamina by clearing to the other side running there clear back and doing that back and forth... =P (btw, *funny note, don't make a big deal outta what i just said)

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The biggest problem for CH is quality of training and lack of coaching. Competitive skills are severely affected without high quality training partner.

Same problem with players, esp. in WS and MS in other countries. TG/CW are therefore great players still competing at high level despite their circumstances.

9. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

dont get me wrong but i do think that tg\cw always get some advice and comment from INA coaches

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. That's why most players from the non powerhouse nations don't have a good chance to improve. They don't have the "back stage heroes" to back them up. :cool:

2. Once you are at very high level, you need the motivation to continue. Clearly TG/CW are self motivated to a very high standard. Also, double relies more on strategy and experience, while single requires more physicals. Therefore, if CH does not get to "push to the edge" as he used to do, it's harder for him to keep the fitness.

3. CH is named as an official already. Wonder how that going to effect his training schedule and quality. Also, this full time job might effect his tournament schedule somehow in the future as well. :rolleyes:

11. Loppy

Loppy Regular Member

Wow that's nice of victor, once more sponsors start doing this badminton popularity will surely improve!

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    With Victor sponsoring CH....I remember there is another post where Krishna was alluding to chinese players eventually being sponsored by corporations rather than the state...something like that! Hey Cooler, do you recall what threads was that???

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Two problems can combine and synergise to one solution:There's no reason why BAM should hesitate further to invite CH to spar with LCW.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here it is..

..sorry, i'm not cooler, but here is the link:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23646&page=3 (starting w/ post #54)..;)

15. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Despite the number of obstacles CH is facing, I do hope CH to perform well in all the fore- coming tournaments to introduce individualism into badminton (same goes to TG/CW).
    Go CH go!!!

16. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Interesting article and probably explain quite a bit why CH decided to go alone.

According the article, CH is particating as a individual member of the China Badminton Association. Presumable he is still a registered player there. If CH really qualified, with 4 other Chinese players, for Olympic, would he accept the decision (if not in his favour) by the China Badminton Association to decide which 4 will represent China? On the other hand, would other Chinese players accept if CH is selected at his expense? I can see why the association is having a headache now.

Also cannot denial what Victor does is a pioneering move to Chinese players. If CH is succesful, there will be many more Chinese players who are deemed not first team material to want to join in this individual crusade for glory. That would open up the competition further. But if CH is not doing well this year will Victor continue supporting him in long run?

Anyway, what ever happened, this is a brave attempt by CH to challenge the status quo. Sucess or not, am sure his endeavour may be talked about for many more years to come within the badminton community.

All the best to CH.

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Come to think of it, the retirement of Chen Hong 2 months ago look more like a staged. I think Chen Hong knows the only way he can qualify for Olympic is to go "Free Agent" so he can go all out in any tournament facing any player, including his former team mate. If Chen Hong is allowed to play all out without the influence of Chinese coaching staff then the chance for him to keep his world ranking within the top 4 is quite decent.
    Of course Li Yongbo is furious as he has no control now over Chen Hong as I am sure it will be a dog fight if any of the Chinese players play against Chen Hong. Lets see if my guess is correct if Chen Jin and Chen Hong both advance to QF in Singapore Open ... I am sure Chen Hong also nervous and confuse when meeting with his former team mate as the world is watching but make no sense if he's not giving his best after what he has gone thru.
    Regardless, all the best to Chen Hong!

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is alll about MONEY ath the end....

19. indra

indra Regular Member

and also, dignity, pride, honor, self-actualization :)

20. apache7175

apache7175 Regular Member

I think it's better for Chen hong anyway. He will train with less pressure and probably perform better....Juz look at all those Chinese players who made it overseas....