BAI should quick ment its way..

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by guttayelan, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guttayelan

guttayelan Regular Member

dear players,

with ongoing issues in india, rosilin's action to his association certainly given indian players the confidence to do with their association..

media: indian media have coming up with lots supports for the players..tv channels interviews are telecasted frequently..newspaper carries the news daily in support of the players..

govt organizations: all govt organizations have given positive signals to the players..expressed their willingness to support them..

Badminton association: is cracking with one of their executive member bombarding their other two executive memebers for doing wrong decision by themselves without concerning the other members..it is said that only the association's president vk verma and gopi are responsible for damaging player's world rankings in this olympic qualifying year..

so the good thing will happen to the indian players, watch this page..

2. guttayelan

all media are against gopi's ruthless behavious..

players,

this time the indian media have played an important role to support the players..gopi failed in all his plans to stop these players from playing the olympics for the country..

gopi is term as turn coat, dictator, spolisports, manipulator and villain of the badminton now in india..he should be stripped with all awards he has got from the govt..his ruthless behavious towards all players will ruin his own career as the national chief coach..

he has committed the big ever crime against the badminton..i hope the world badminton federation is listening? i hope the world badminton federation should come out in support the players instead of gopi who has tarnished the game of badminton...

i hope mr. panch gunalan is watching this column..

3. guttayelan

news item/indian express

Jwala erupts: I don’t mind quitting, or relocating

Anupama Bagri
    Posted online: Monday, May 07, 2007 at 0000 hrs IST
    Kolkata, May 6
    With national men’s champion Chetan Anand and national women’s doubles champions Jwala Gutta and Shruti Kurien not turning up for the open trials in progress at Hyderabad, it seems the trio will not be travelling to Scotland for the June 10-17 Sudirman Cup. The Badminton Association of India (BAI) had clearly stated that participating in the open trials was the only way the trio could make it to the Scotland event.
    Asked if the federation would take any action against the shuttlers, BAI president told The Indian Express: “The trials are on till Monday. We’ll take a decision after that.” But Jwala told this paper that the trio will not be appearing for the trials.
    “We haven’t got a proper letter for the trials. The letters weren’t even addressed to me. And why is the BAI questioning only Chetan and me? There are players from Bangalore and Maharashtra who haven’t turned up for the trials,” accuses a livid Jwala.
    But wouldn’t they lose out on participating in such a prestigious event? “When the team for the Sudirman Cup had been selected last month, why talk of conducting trials now? This is a grave injustice to us. I’m waiting for the sports ministry to react. As players we have every right to play tournaments and if they think I’m wrong, I’m ready to quit badminton. It’s an individual sport and if I don’t think about my career, who will?” fumes Jwala.
    The shuttler came down heavily on chief national coach Pullela Gopichand saying: “Gopi should know how important these tournaments are. As a player he also skipped camps and played tournaments. And if our performance on the European circuit is the reason why we should be training in the camp and miss the two Super Series in Singapore and Indonesia, I want to remind them that it is no shame losing to the No 2 or No 3 player in the first round when only the top 32 in the world take part in the Super Series now. Gopi also feels players should not play continuously on the tour. As the national coach, he shouldn’t be making such irresponsible statements.”
    But isn’t it the federation that makes the decisions? “I don’t think so. (VK) Verma has been around for 10 years but why is it that the problems have cropped up only since Gopi became the national coach? We thought with Gopi at the helm, badminton would go forward but it’s very sad that it hasn’t turned out that way. I know of players who have gone on holiday on the government’s money. Gopi is well aware of the rules, so why did he allow some players to go for six-star events knowing fully well that they wouldn’t qualify. Badminton is being abused in the media,” said Jwala.
    The shuttler lashed out at the BAI, accusing it of “double standards” and “harassing players.” Said Jwala: “For the last one year Chetan, Shruti and I have been travelling at our own expenses. We have written several times to the federation saying our aim is not to look at 2010 but the 2008 Beijing Olympics. We are ready to pay out of our own pockets and travel. I’m not asking the federation to fund my trip. All I’m asking them is to send my entries.”
    Currently ranked No 25 in world doubles with Shruti as partner, Jwala says missing out on Super Series events will affect their rankings and if they slip out of the top-32 in the world, they will have to go through the qualifying grind. She adds she’ll go to any extent to maintain her rankings. Even if that means relocating to any other country. “For the past one year I’m being harassed by the federation. They have kept questioning my commitment despite me performing well. I was ranked 153 in world doubles last August and now I’m ranked 25. If this is not performance, what is? I’m 23, and they are telling me I’m past my prime. I’ve taken enough of this injustice and if I’m not allowed to play tournaments, then Chetan and I might relocate.”

4. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    Welcome to Singapore, if the top Indian WD pair is thinking of moving. I think Jiang/Li would love to have a solid pair to spar with.

5. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

I think this is a very selfish statement by the players. They represent the BAI, not own the BAI. They don't have the right to be telling BAI what to do. The way I see it, BAI thinks that qualifying for the 2008 Beijing Olympics but not being able to do well is nothing compared to being able to beat the top players by 2010. Sometimes players can't see the reality of things and don't have the necessary skills to do a long-term plan that is better for the country than a short lived glory.

Having said that, I think there is miscommunications and a lack of understanding between the players and the coaches. The players are satisfied being ranked 25 in the world and thinks that one fine day they might just topple the top seeds by constantly playing. Whereas the coach thinks that they should intensify their training by first getting the right physical standards to endure long hours of high quality technical training. Personally, I think the Indians are never going to break through the ranks of the Chinese players if they think they can call the shots against the head coach simply by being ranked 25 in the world. That goes to show just how arrogant they are.

I just watched the Singapore Open and saw Simon getting trashed by Lin Dan, sad to say I was embarassed as an Indonesian by how Simon played. He couldn't even keep up with Lin Dan's pace. Heck Lin Dan didn't even play seriously at all through-out the game. Even at the last few points of the second set, Lin Dan was just smashing hard without caring too much about his precision. Goes to show how much physical difference between players affect the result of the game and goes to show why Gopi wanted the physical training camp.

To me, preparing the Indian national team for a good fight in 2010 sounds like a more realistic target than winning the Olympics by 2008, or even doing well in the Olympics in 2008. Ofcourse, the players are not even thinking about winning the Olympics in 2008. They probably just want to qualify and compete in that prestigeous event to have a story to tell about how hard they trained and competed in the event and gave a good fight, the best they can and all.

By the way, let me clarify, I'm not in support of Gopi as I don't know him. Maybe he is a bad coach, I'll give you that. But what I am seeing here is that the players aren't even planning out their targets realistically with the objective of winning against the rest of the world. It seems to me like they've stooped low to wanting to at least be ranked somewhere above the number 30, be in a prestigeous event to "honour" their country and maybe have a story to tell their kids and grandkids etc.

Ofcourse I maybe wrong about all this. So prove me wrong, show me some facts giving proof that the Indian players are seriously planning to win some major events against the likes of Lin Dan and Peter Gade. Maybe give me their 6 months training plan, what they see their weaknesses are, how they should train to improve, what kind of a game do they want to be playing in 6 months time. Even better, take it to a one year plan, what do they plan to achieve within one year. Why do they want to achieve that. What are they going to do to realize their plans? Etc.

Sorry for the lack of support and irritated response. I feel that we're doing Gopi and BAI an "injustice" by bad mouthing them without seriously seeing some solid proof and hearing real news of what's going on in the players' camp. Heck, we don't even have news about what Gopi thinks. Are you filtering them out from us so that we'd support you?

#25 Iwan, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  6. guttayelan

dear iwan:

the players of india is asking the association to forward their entries to these two super series, the association didnot do it and also didnot reply them as why they didnot sent it..
    to organize the camps during these two tournaments is not right..remember very few indians are able to hold world ranking 25th..for in india is not the country produce more players like china, malaysia and indonesia..
    to hold these camp doenot help for all indian players have to study as well as playing unlike china...under this kind of condition, the long term camp doesnot serve the purpose..
    the national chief coach is the one who has started to skip the camp and having his own coaching separately..
    now he is forcing the players to attend camp..why and how?
    he is denying the fundamental right of the players by not sending their entries..he is misleading the media , dragging the issue to camp while the main issue is not camp but entry issue..

the indian players have observed rosilin's action..they left no other choice but to sue them ...just wait..
    and watch..

7. guttayelan

thanks

thanks, pls send me their contactnos..we donot mind to relocate..

8. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

Maybe BAI and Gopi wants to change that? There have been players who had to study and still perform very well at the same time. Some examples include Peter Rasmussen and Bonsak Ponsana. And these two are masters degree holders if I'm not wrong. If the players can afford to train and compete at their own expense, then I believe that studying is an option that they chose instead of going full-time training. If this is so then you can't really complain that India can't produce world champions because the players have to study, since they do have the option of not studying.

The issue is not the camp? I think the issue is very much the camp. If BAI allows certain players to go. What of those currently in the camp? Will they stay or will they also follow suit and go at their own expense, leaving BAI with a foiled plan? A plan that they have constructed for Indian players to start competing against the top players around the world. The only reason the players have for wanting to join the super series is to join the Olympics 2008, in which I'd say they have no chance of getting to the quarter finals at all even. And to do so they'd give up a training plan geared to help them beat the top players by 2010? Seriously, the players are acting rather rebellious.

You can find the contact number for Singapore Badminton Association on their website:
    http://www.singaporebadminton.org.sg

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Inappropriate language

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.