Indonesia Open 2007 - 12 May, Semifinals

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by abedeng, May 11, 2007.

1. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    sometime he just want to scare you la...:rolleyes:
    haha...

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    No matter what...KKK/TBH vs FH/CY will be match of the day beside BCL vs TH..
    I am supporting BCL but it will be tough against TH/Crowds plus linesmen....
    Also SCTV needs TH to be in final for advertisement....

3. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

How to they calculate the points? Do they publish the formula somewhere? Just curious.

4. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    last time, it is calculated like this..
    the point last for 1 year. so just add up all the point that are not expired yet. if the point are already expired, just minus it..

but, after the headquater of BWF change to KL, they seems like change the calculation method already.

i try to calculate with the above method also, but sometime not really tally with the point published..:confused:

5. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

hahahahaha..agree wif u here shyeling:D :D

6. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    i would love to know how to calculate also..im just confused with how the points expire and how many points to decrease if one player or pair miss a tournament..

7. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student

the point of each tournament is depends on what level it is, for eg winner for super series will get 9200 pts.. below i had attach a pdf file to show the point, u can have a look on it..

point of 1 event is summarised after that event finish n is last for 1 year started from the date of summarization.. so, after 1 year, the point will be minus from the total..

Attached Files:

#27 shyeling, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  8. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Only the points earned in the top-10 point-earning events of a player or a pair in the last 12 months (should he or she or they participated in more than 10 events) are counted. However, points earned in the previous edition of the same event after the present edition is wrapped up will be expired too. E.g., IO'06 was held in Jun'06, which is only 11 months ago. However, after IO'07 is over, points awarded in IO'06 will no longer be counted.

9. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

gambateh kkk tbh..we will be supporting u yea.. chong wei..pls gve ur best shot ah..zakry n fairuz..try ur best..neva gve up!

10. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

11. Marc E

Marc E Regular Member

IT (whatever IT is...)
    Lee Chong Wei vs Chen Hong - With less pressure Chen has the edge over LCW, and i think the earlier rounds have sharpened him up enough to do it.
    Bao Chunlai vs Taufik Hidayat - On form, home ground, looks like he can be bothered.

Zhu Lin vs Pi Hongyan - Just cos i want her too.
    Petya Nedeltcheva vs Wang Chen - Different class but it will be a bit of a slog.

Cai/Fu vs Koo/Tan - Fu has to dominate the net for CHN to win which he is capable of, but i think Koo will get to him mentally making him crack which will make Koo more confident. Would LOVE to watch this one!
    Gunawan/Wijaya vs Abd Latif/Tazari - But they have to do it quickly in 2.

Yang/Zhao vs Emms/Kellogg - What else am i gonna say ;)
    Gao/Zhang vs Du/Yu - Um... who knows.

Widianto/Natsir vs 2 Lees - They want that title.
    He/Yu vs Gao/Zheng - Gao will be the key.

Was that ok for a first post? :D

#31 Marc E, May 11, 2007
  12. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    FHF/CY's points will be 73011 if they lose tomorrow..am i correct? and tony and candra will be 55630 and KKK/TBH's will be 58190

13. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Thank you for the link! I think this is the latest revised system which was implemented less than half a year ago. The only major change is the introduction of notional rankings for seedings of double events. However, I realize that the rule "points awarded previous edition of an event will be expired after the current edition is over" is no longer there, which means that the BWF might have removed the rule. If that's the case, that means JJS/LYD may remain in No.2 should both KKK/TBH and CW/TG are beaten at sf, and CW/TG will still rank ahead KKK/TBH unless KKK/TBH win the title while CW/TG are eliminated in sf.

14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I'm only going to make predictions on Mens Singles. Don't really feel like writing them out for all events just now.

Lee Chong Wei
    vs Chen Hong - LCW's gotta win sometime... not much of a reason I know, but he's definitely got it in him, just needs to regain his confidence and focus. I don't think what we read in all the "LCW is back" articles should be taken too seriously. He'll be "back" when he's back, and now's as good a time as ever. Come on LCW!

Taufik Hidayat vs Bao Chunlai - Bao would have to be at 100% to beat Peter Gade the way he did. But I know Taufik is a better player. Bao might give him a decent fight but I think Taufik will come out on top yet again.

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Hmm I guess that'll pass :p.

16. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    You very funny :D :D :D X-ball will like you definitely :D
    I also hope LCW can prove himself this time :)

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Order of play..

..here's the order of play for the Semifinals day...
    1 more round til my expected & "predicted" MS battle between CH vs. TH..:cool:
    The MD match between KKK&TBH vs. FHF&CY should be one firecracker show...But i believe KKK&TBH will prevail because they seem to have their rhythm back & esp. Rexy is on their side..;) :cool:
    On the other side, the "old geezers" will need to rely on the homecrowds to push them thru for another shot at defending their title...If they do, they'll be looking at another rematch against either of the young pairs, most likely KKK&TBH..:p :cool:
    And last, Finals day won't be the same without a MAS representative and all of the MAS fans in here..:D:cool:

[​IMG]

#37 ctjcad, May 11, 2007
  18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It will be a close match between the Chinese and the Malaysians as i believe KKK/TBH is not playing their best. This may go to 3 sets.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Are you kidding??..

:) ..the way they demolished Kido&Setiawan y'day, eventhough i predicted 3 tough sets..:p;) ...It could go 3 sets, but this time, Rexy *and* the Indonesian crowd in Istora, yes in BC also, will push them thru....;) :D..
    ..saying that, hope i won't jinx them..:p

20. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

i know they will make it...go MALAYSIA!!!