KLRC New Zealand Open Draws

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open 2007 / Pan American Open 2007' started by phaarix, May 13, 2007.

1. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Wah.. INA, SIN youngsters and some MAS players..

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The Msian players are leaving tomorrow to New Zealand.

4. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

malaysia stand a good chance the win the double. YKB, LTS and Roslin should prove their worth to BAM for the WC places.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Tuesday May 15, 2007

Live badminton action via the Net

BY NG WEI LOON

AUCKLAND: This season's KLRC New Zealand Open has not only received a timely boost from title sponsor KLRC Bhd for the US$50,000 Badminton World Federation (BWF) Grand Prix status tournament.

In a bid to create greater awareness and a larger following for the tournament scheduled at the Auckland Badminton Hall in Gillies Avenue from tomorrow to Sunday, the organisers have embraced state-of-art technology to reach out to badminton enthusiasts worldwide.

Via the Internet, fans can get live coverage of the biggest shuttling event hosted in the Oceania region for the season.

"We are always looking into new ways to promote the game here," said Badminton NZ executive director Peter Dunne.

While the first couple fo days is free, the subscription fee for the three-day live screening connection from Friday to Sunday is US$10.

Three cameras will be set up at the three-court arena to capture the proceedings.

"Besides free viewing on Thursday, it will be also be available for free on Wednesday provided that the system is up and running by then. Our aim is to generate more exposure for the game," said Z-Cam managing director Aaron Crabb, adding that the idea is on trial for badminton as a build-up to the World Junior Championships to be hosted in Auckland, New Zealand from Oct 28 to Nov 4.

Dunne added that they are still finalising details with Sky Sport to show the delay telecast of the finals on Sunday.

For more details, visit www.klrcnzopen.com or www.planetstream.tv.

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    $10 to see some pro-badminton?
    That's cheap!
    I'm subscribing :p

7. zeddie

zeddie Regular Member

IT Manager
    me too :D

ive been waiting for this for a while.

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    [​IMG]
    Six Badminton players of Djarum Club to take part in New Zealand Open

Semarang, C. Java (ANTARA News) - Six badminton players of the Djarum Kudus Club, Indonesia will take part in the "KLRC New Zealand Open" to be held on May 15-20, its chairman said. "After New Zealand, they will continue to take part in the Vietnam International Challenge on May 23-27," Eddy Prayitno said on Thursday.

The six are Andre Kurniawan and Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto (men`s single), Maria Elfira and Rosaria Pungkasari (women`s single), and Meliana/Sandy Puspa (women`s double). "We hope their ranks will rise at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) which was previously known as International Badminton Federation (IBF)," he added.

He also said starting on January this year, former national player Fung Permadi had become club coach chief after defending Taiwan for the past several years. Fung Permadi first joined PB Djarum's academy when he was 15 year old.(*)

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Inept officials...

Updates from Indonesian badminton:

Sigit-Fran was originally scheduled to play in New Zealand. But the PBSI official in charge of listing the names for BWF... forgot to put their names on the Indonesian roster. This is similar to Roslin H. case in Malaysia. The inept official just pure and simply forgot to put their names. :eek:

The only comment made by the PBSI official was: "Sorry, you guys listed your names one month ahead of the deadline... by the time I entered the names of Indonesians competing in New Zealand... I forgot about you two...." So, apparently, there is a dire consequence of applying early... :crying:

Silvy Kurniawan was originally listed to play in New Zealand. But she injured her waist one week before the Indonesian Open. She tried but could not continue to play in her match against Cheng Shao Chieh [Taiwan] last week. She decided to rest.

The next time fans will most likely see Sigit-Fran and Silvy is going to be in Indonesia Superliga Badminton, June 22 - July 1. :cool:

10. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

:( That's sad it would have been great to see them play here.

Haha, well it goes as a warning to other Indonesian players. Better to be late than early :D.

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This excuse is just as silly as "You should not list a few tournaments in one letter; each tournament should be in a letter by itself". Apparently, there is also a dire consequence in trying to save paper. What the heck is wrong with these inept officials?

I know BWF is a federation of national associations, but is there any possibility in letting players register themselves for tournaments?

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Is nice to see so many up-and-coming young players participating in the NZ Open. A rare opportunity for them to visit such a beautiful country and for NZ badminton fans to see them in action.

13. IndoAmerican

IndoAmerican Regular Member

Tournament Software (being used for most, if not all, major badminton tournaments now) does have an on-line registration feature. All you need is to have it turned on and cut the red tape...

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I am glad that fung is back.....

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    NZ is a beautiful country..used to live there for 4 yrs..I was first asian manager for any McDonald's in NZ ( Hamilton)....hehe..not sure if my records has been broken yet...since then I had been back like 4 times...really enjoy it....

16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    what happened to Chance Cheung? anybody in NZ can update? thanks

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

You mean Chance Cheng right (I think that's it)? I completely forgot about him :eek:! Sorry I'm not sure where he is as I don't know a lot about what goes on up in the North Island. Yeah I think along with Alan Chan he's one of our best up and coming players. I hope he hasn't gone off somewhere else lol.

18. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    opps ya its Cheng haha.. Well i think NZ should be banking their hope on Moody, he is by far the most potential player out of all..;)

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Registration to BWF tournaments must be through BWF. But currently only national associations can submit entry applications.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why don't BWF allow independents to apply directly on their own as well, on condition that this must also be double confirmed through their BA separately. So if the BA slips,the player won't fall flat cos there's already a safety net in place. Then BWF can double check with player and the BA. Problem is ,what if BWF also has inept officials (who cannot cope with double applications or understand that Roslin H. and Roslin Hashim are the same person)?