Zen Katana791 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blade, Feb 11, 2007.

1. vagpwner

vagpwner Regular Member

staged price ask matt

2. hyperactive

hyperactive Regular Member

student
    Ok, I was just giving my opinion, not everyone knows how much Yonex prices are online and retail...when I was asked to elaborate I happily obliged. Now this is getting off topic and I don't want to start a flame war here.

I apologize if what I said offended you in any way, that was not my intention. Lets get back on track...if anyone is using this racquet please give us a quick review ya! I'm sure it will be much appreciated!:)

3. crazyabtbaddy

crazyabtbaddy Regular Member

also the frame area[?]i do not know how else to put it,seems smaller than other racquets.The guy i bought it from says it imparts better control.correct me if i am wrong.

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    The racket sounds nice.. Damn so many rackets so little time :)

/Twobeer

5. satishdhond

satishdhond New Member

Zen Racquets

Zen brand is really good, very light and equally good as Yonex. If you want to go for new racquet, try Zen brand. You will certainly be happy as racquets are really good.
    Regards
    Satish

6. aventine

aventine Regular Member

Student
    Haha, do you happen to sell Zen satishdhond? ;)

Anyway, I got the Katana XO for $130AUD, which should be arriving next week. Too bad I have a truckload of exams coming up in the next few weeks so I probably won't be able to try it out properly for awhile. :(

Thanks for the reply btw hyperactive. :) I have never actually owned a yonex racquet before... being a poor student and all... but certainly something to aspire to after I graduate! I was very tempted to dish out a bit more for an AT800. Who knows, I might give into that temptation over xmas.

7. aventine

aventine Regular Member

Student
    Finally got to try out katana XO... one of the lightest racquets I've played with and it works very well for me (after you get rid of the rubbish factory strings! The guy who sold it to me was good enough to give me some 0.67mm ti strings, also by Zen :D). Am getting a lot more power out of it without sacrificing any control whatsoever. :D

What surprised me about this racquet is its ease of use... usually it takes me awhile to get used to a new racquet but this one felt right after just a couple of shots. :D

One interesting thing about this racquet is the head shape... it's not quite isometric yet it's not traditional oval shape either, kind of in between.

So yes I would recommend this racquet to those of you in Australia or nearby :) If you're interested more in the specs etc. it's all on their website: www.zensports.com.au

#27 aventine, Jul 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2007