All IBBS videos are free until June 7

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Gollum, May 14, 2007.

1. FitnessFreak

FitnessFreak Regular Member

ya with me too please, it would be greatly appreciated...
    just send me a pm

2. wallacesed

wallacesed Regular Member

computer analyst
    IBBS.tv is working again...:)

3. Wai Shing

Wai Shing Regular Member

Student
    In the power smash video, is the "Rob" guy (player in orange shirt) actually Robert Blair?

4. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
    Yes, it's Robert Blair...

5. Nicks

Nicks New Member

Could you help?

After trying your advice, i still cannot see the clips, although i did hear the voice. What i saw was as below. Thks.

Attached Files:

6. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    Can someone please share an account, curious to see the vids but I am running a Mac. :( No IE!!!

Please PM me. Thanks.

7. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Sharing an account won't help you unless you can access the videos in your browser.

Go download Opera, which can trick websites into believing it's IE.

http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=mac

8. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    I have another problem - Opera on my Mac does not even want to play the free videos! :( Anyone know why this is, what plug-ins I need, etc? It just shows a blank space where the video should be.

9. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Oh dear. I have a horrible, sinking feeling that they require Windows Media Player.

Looks like my advice was useless :(

10. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied

I noticed that I was able to watch the sample videos using Firefox 2 on a Max OS X machine. You can even download these 4 videos (3 instruction vids).

http://ibbs.tv/IBBS/home/freevideos.aspx

However, when I tried to access the any of the full-length vids, the video window that opened up informed me that I needed IE 5 or Greater.

Someone mentioned a utility for simulating IE in a Firefox tab. Does NE1 kno if a similar type of plug-in or other utility will enable you to simulate an IE environment w/Mac OS-X?

11. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    Don't kno if it's applicable to your situation but have you looked at the fixes described in post #12 and post #37 of this thread?

You might need to do something similar to fix your problem. It very likely will be a bit different than what is described in those posts, but perhaps they will give you ideas on how to solve your specific prob.

I assume that you have a way of playing wmv files on your Mac, correct?

12. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    Thanks for trying to help! Sorry to include all this geek stuff. Yes, I can see the 4 free sample videos on Firefox on my Mac (in your link in post 70). :) It's the full length videos I am having problems with, it insists on having IE 5.0 or greater. I have tried Opera, but no videos work on Opera at all... I have a way of playing Quicktime and WMV videos on my Mac but it seems to only work with Firefox. I am not familiar enough with Opera to figure out why this is the case.

I've also checked out the IE-Tab extension for Firefox and its not available for the Mac. :(

Seems like I've got to either (1) shell out for the DVDs (2) watch the videos from someone elses computer before June 7th! :D

13. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    im rejoining this thread late, but at a quick glance at the previous post- i watched them on my mac via IE 5 ( its out there-a mac version-and is free ) and had media player ( also out there- a mac version ) and had the codex installed anyway from my quicktime viewing of other stuff. This should work-sorry if its been mentioned but im way too tired to look back over 72 posts :eek:
    So download those things and try again. Or just watch them in a net cafe and bring a pen and paper to take notes.

14. jrong

jrong Regular Member

Geek
    Thanks!!!! I scoured the internet and managed to find a copy of IE 5.2x available for the Mac. I tried looking last night but couldn't find it, but this time managed to locate a copy. I have the VLC media player and the videos work fine! Thank you again. :) I've got a lot of viewing to do before 7th June....

15. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    no worries. sorry i didn't respond earlier.

16. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Ahh, a fellow linux user I see. Unfortunately I could not find a solution ethier so I resorted to going on my desktop and registering which gave me an error. I believe there was a plug in for firefox that let it imitate other browser clients?

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    For those of you who could afford another Yonex AT900 Technique, I urge you to buy LJB's DVD sets instead. They're the best investment I have ever made. He made alot of things on court simple and comprehensible. With his credit as a world renown coach, I have little initial doubt when I bought a set from him. It took awhile to receive the goods, but it's well worth the wait. I could say that his videos brought my game to a new level. Things like grips and strokes were shown and reinforced by reasons behind the techniques. I would say that comparing to professional private and group coaching, Lee's videos are the next best alternative.

Once you have review his free stuff, please consider what value his video lessons could bring to your game and make a commitment. If you're serious about improving your game, this DVD set is a necessary purchase.

18. Glacyus

Glacyus Regular Member

What an amazing teacher! Listening to his logical explanation of the roots of badminton for a couple of minutes is enough to have you hooked on everything he is willing to share.

19. FitnessFreak

FitnessFreak Regular Member

ya i watched his right atitude to train, and his right atitude toward better and wors eplayers.

i try to train with more intensity now and respect all players

20. uniquex

uniquex New Member

account activation

I'm having trouble receiving my activation account from Ibbs. Would someone mind lending me their account?