Koo Kien Keat fans, plz come in...

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by siaoching, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am sorry guys, I am not convinced that KKK got the attributes of a good player. Yes, he won the Asian Games Gold, All England but I am going to put it as one shot wonder till I see a more consistent performance.

I hope I am proven wrong.

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    What is wrong with u???Please be a little bit positive honey...KKK will prove u are wrong. He will.

3. e.n.e.g.e.r

e.n.e.g.e.r Regular Member

student

yeah~
    if u think he can, HE CAN!
    :D

KKK
    gambate;)

4. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    again what's gambate??By the way.thats malaysian.e.ne.g.e.r

5. e.n.e.g.e.r

e.n.e.g.e.r Regular Member

student
    oh
    sorry about that:(
    it means......keep it up or...put on steam ["jia you" in chinese]
    :p

6. luv_bao91

luv_bao91 Regular Member

STUDENT
    kkk...do ur best at sudirman cup please.....beat cai yun and fu haifeng k......

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    they just lost to the English pair.....sigh........

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Honey dear,

I am just presenting facts and their recent defeat at the Sudirman Cup to a English pair is another puncture to the KKK's bandwagon. As Malaysians, we want our players to do well no doubt , but I think there is a difference between supporting a good player who is disciplined and having wishful thinking for a 'never will be'.

It is time for us, Malaysians to accept the fact that KKK just aint gonna cut it.

9. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

why did people like to put a blame on kkk?
    what did he do wrong?
    because he lost couple of games then suddenly people said he "just aint gonna cut it"?

actually, there is nothing wrong with kkk and his attitude...he is who he is...i dun think he has changed..besides that kind of attitude made him the AE and SO champions, rite?

it is NOT about his attitude...
    this is about strategies, and tactics...

i admire kkk/tbh, and honestly, by looking at my nickname here, u can see that i like tbh more...
    but again, if they lost, its because they do not perform..not just kkk alone...and why they did not perform is because of strategies and tactics...

even cy and fhf lost games in rows...they did not win AE, did not even reach quarter finals MO, did not reach semi final SO, did not win KO...but then they are back now, rite..winning the SO and IO...and now playing well in SC....they skipped the AC to look at their weaknesses and strengths...and improve..

and their fans SUPPORT them and did not condemned them personally...

i think it is time for us, Malaysians to accept the fact that we can't always win, but yet, we will not always lose, either...

stop blaming kkk personally...
    do u think by blaming him, we will win again?
    what do you get by blaming and condemning him personally, anyway..?

be a good supporter...
    be considerate..

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I agree the defeated was so dissapointing.But it doesnt mean we have to lose hope for them.Especially KKK.If Hj.Sidek do the same thing for his son,Misbun,we dont have recent Misbun.Believe me,we will not have today misbun.What we have to do now is give them time.I mean more time.He's just 21.please remember that.But with ur attitude,im sure we wont have sidek's brothers anymore.Coz we dont have Hj.sidek's attitude.

11. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

just read some of Pemuda's recent posts. he is actually just aiming at kien keat. i think that's enough said.

12. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    KKK looks like a very strong charactor, i am sure he will overcome small setbacks like these...but why so much blame on KKK? What gives? THe english pair they lost too were no push overs and they did fight like heck...i think that counts more then just winning and losing. I dont think they are playing badly, they are still hot, just not on fire at the moment. Its tough to be on full throttle all the time. Also the other pairs seem to be getting better. Also remember the dude is only 21, many many more years to hone his abilities.

13. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    We really need more fans like you in this badminton forum.I am really sick of all the useless bashing towards the players when they lose just for personal point of view.You are definetely right.Lost is a lost but this doesn't means that one will lost forever.We should give them chance and you are right,they are still very young.I like your comments very much.

14. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Hey thanks dude,

I hate quiters thats all, be it fans quiting on the players or the players themselves quiting on themselves. I watch KKK since he was with CCM and let me just say that kid dont come across as a quiter. I must say i was a tad bit annoyed that they lost ( i lost lots of money in that match :p). BUt as the score says, i dont think they gave up, so i cant blame them. Just my stupidity of trying to make a quick buck betting hehehe.

Just a note: i am not just a KKK fan. I just love the game thats all.

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    its quite emotional,sis.Calm down.By the way,Thats the attitude that we want.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

In today's Star, Rexy commented particularly about KKK who likes to show off and as a former player himself, Rexy is aware having such a big headed attitude is not good.

We need to be clear here. If it is wrong, its wrong not support blindly like some blind bat.

17. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

yeah i know where you are coming from, but chill, he is improving. Compared to the past, his tendencies to show off are much lesser now. I suppose this sudirman cup will be a lesson for him, so with time, he will improve even more.

18. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    To be positive, some ppl call him creative...i guess there is a time to be creative and there are times to play percentage shots. The trick is to know when to do one and not the other. :p.

19. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

Yeah, wasn't that why Candra wijaya and sigit always quarrelled? Sigit loved to play 'creative' badminton and candra couldn't stand it.

20. Melissas

Melissas Regular Member

I do think this time it is not KKK's fault. Read the Star article below.

I feel that whenever they lost, most people's tendency is "its all KKK's fault". But this is not the case, its TEAM WORK. Men Double means Team Work.

Because of Rexy's bashing on KKK in publicly in the ABC 2007, now the trend is "bash KKK". I am not saying that he doesn't deserved it, he deserved fully to be scolded by Rexy for that shoddy display in ABC but not the latter games. I do feel its unfair in bashing him everytime they lost the game. Its team work.

Now people bash him as hard as they want and demand that him to stand strong from then on. I do think its unfair on the chap. He is only human and will need time and space to come back after all the public bashings, pressure etc...I think Rexy did realise the mis-step now i.e. too much public bashing will affect their confidence..

Well, really hope the duo to get back in form soon.

The Star Newspaper
    Badminton: Rexy promises to help jaded pair get back on their feet
    By LIM TEIK HUAT

PETALING JAYA: It is not the thing he wants to hear. But doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky has promised to do everything he can to get top doubles pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong back to form for the World Championships in August.

After having spoken to his charges, Rexy believes that he has made the right decision in withdrawing the pair from the Thailand Open (July 3-8) because another unexpected defeat would affect their confidence further.

The duo's form has taken a dive after winning the All-England and Swiss Open titles in March. They suffered defeats by England's Anthony Clark-Robert Blair and the world number one Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun of China in the just concluded Sudirman Cup (world mixed team) championships in Glasgow.

“Boon Heong told me that he has lost the feeling in his game. It was not the same as when they played in the Asian Games and All-England. I am worried about his performance because he is not playing well and it is affecting his partner too,” said Rexy.

“Kien Keat's game is still okay but he explained that he may be covering up for his partner and that may look like he tends to be showing off at times.
    “But I am still worried about Boon Heong, who lost his fighting spirit. I have told them that they will not be playing in the Thai Open and they are okay with it. It's better for them to stay home and spend more time to get their game back on track.”

Despite under-performing over the last two months, Rexy believes that the current world number two pair are still good bets to become the first Malaysian winners in the World Championships, which will be held in Bukit Jalil from Aug 13-19.

Rexy said that he was not worried about too much pressure on just one pair because Malaysia have three other strong pairs to count on.
    The other pairs in the World Championships are Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif and Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock.

Rexy has since softened his stance on Kien Keat-Boon Heong and hope they look at the defeats positively.

“I was disappointed with the way they played but I have told them to learn from Fu-Cai. They also suffered a loss of form from the Asian Games right up to the All-England,” he said.

“But they came back strongly to win the last two Super Series tournament (Singapore and Indonesia) and they were unbeaten in the Sudirman Cup. They have regained their confidence.

“Kien Keat-Boon Heong are still young and the pressure may have got to them after they won a few consecutive tournaments.

“But it is clear that they are struggling and we have to help them get back their confidence.”

Rexy added that he might consider sending them to the Philippines Open (July 17-22).

The China Open will be held in the week after the Philippines Open and there will be no more competition until after the world championships.