Carlton Aerogear 2000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Edd, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Edd

Edd Regular Member

Hi all,

I'm new on here, and in need of some advice.

I am thinking of buying a Carlton Aerogear 2000TFX (new). Not the Airblade 2000. I have searched high and low on the forum but have found little information regarding this racquet. Even the reviews of this racquet are fairly brief. I know it is quite old and has been out of production for a while now, though i can still get them from a sport shop at sale price. Have any of you had any experience or opinions with/of this racquet?

The racquet is selling for £50 (UK), how does it compare to other racquets of similar price such as the Yonex Iso 90VF.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. Edd

Edd Regular Member

bump

With so many members I can't believe that none of you have played with this racquet! Please help me out here, would i be better off going for something like a Yonex instead?

Ed

3. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Go for it!

I haven't played with the AG 2000, but I have played with Airblade 1000, Aerogear 1000FX, Airblade 900, Aerogear 900, and while the Airblades aren't bad, the Aerogears get my vote in practically all departments. They last better, they perform better, the price is better if you can still get them. I wish I could find a new AG 1000... but they're not to be found here in Sweden anymore!

At that price I can't see why you're hesitating. Get it while you can!

Whatever you do, think twice before getting the 90VF. I personally think that the VF series belong in the backyard...

4. Technicalmove

Technicalmove Regular Member

Student
    Carlton Aerogear 2000TFX is a racquet 4 defense player

Hi Edd

I hope to help you with your decision "not" to buy a Carlton Aerogear 2000TFX . I Used to Play with it for 2 month and i have found that this racquet is very light. It was given by about 85 gr. by Carlton. TOO LIGHT in my Opinion. The Control is not very Bad, but i wasn't able to smash hard. Its seem like hitting against a table tennis ball. But i guess that the reason for that feeling is that i do not play badminton for long. Now i have switch to Yonex. And i have to say, that the feeling, control and SMASH are really better. The Smashes are coming better and harder. I 've begun to play with Ti-7(2U/G3).And it is a very powerful racquet but a little bit to heavy.So i have switched to MP-99(3U/G3).And i have to say that this is the best racquet from Yonex MP-Serie. I still own the Carlton Aerogear 2000TFX and the Ti-7. But i only use them for backup. If u have enough money or u can wait till chrismas i would suggest to buy a racquet from Yonex. One reason is that over 80% of the people in this forum use Yonex racquet and so there is much more threads.But it lies on you to decide what is better 4 u and for your Money.:)

5. Sheldon

Sheldon Regular Member

Student
    Cambridge, UK (heh..only a sixth form college tho)
    I have a Carlton Aerogear 600 for about 5 years now and I play about 2/3 times a week. I highly recommend the Aerogear 600, it is responsive, feels good with a perforated Karakal grip and is nice and light. The sweet spot seems pretty small but you can generate some awesome smashes. It's a great racquet for quick defenses as well as net kills and a proper swing can clear the shuttle to the other side of the court.

I don't know how the Aerogear 2000 compares, but 50 seems pretty high...........is it really that much better?

6. Edd

Edd Regular Member

I think i will have to get it then. Apparently the racquet is supposed to sell for £120? I'm not really that sure what to expect though as i have never played with a proper expensive racquet. Judging from your comments though, light racquet, good for defensive player, etc i think it will suit me well.

Thanks for your help.

Ed

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Regular Member

Student
    Cambridge, UK (heh..only a sixth form college tho)
    Airblade 600

Yesterday I also played with an Airblade 600 (Carlton) cos I left my own racquet on the minibus (which drove off). The Ariblade is lighter than my Aerogear, so my timing was kinda off but the frame felt more powerful even though it was lighter. It was however re-strung, not sure what specs.......but carlton don't seem too bad at light racquest for defensive/placement players:)

hope this helps