Footwork problem..or isit just me...

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by IceLEMonTea, Jul 20, 2007.

1. IceLEMonTea

IceLEMonTea Regular Member

-
    hi ,I am new in this forum and i would like to share some problems have on the court.
    1st of all, when i go for training...my coach will ask me to do foot work drills etc etc.
    when I do my foot work...i notice that when i attempt to smash /clear.. (p/s: I am a right handed and left footed)I usually finish the smash/clear with my left foot in front and not the way my coach told me 2...( i should end with my right foot)
    so...
    is it still wrong even though Iam left footed and I should change or should I just stick with it...

thx in advance :D

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    is a follow-through when u hit, body rotates naturally and u should land at right foot.

3. Cloggerz

Cloggerz Regular Member

Student, A levels
    yeh to add, its quite strange you land on ure left foot, i cant image you getting much flow at all in ure game, i advise you listen to ure coach and work on it,

4. IceLEMonTea

IceLEMonTea Regular Member

-
    oh ok..thx for the advice:D:D

5. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
    Why do you trust people in that forum, people you don't even know, more then you coach?

They could tell you "everything"...

If you don't trust you coach then it's senseless to keep him as your coach...

6. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    i guess it doesn't hurt to ask for more views:) anyway i think the best way to solve your problem is to tell your coach to explain/demonstrate to you the forward stroke in detail, you'll have no trouble once getting the hang of it. beats illustrations from online sources hands down:) that's what a coach is for:)

also remember to practice constantly, and PREVENT yourself from returning to your wrong strokes. Late starters initially usually have more problems because of this (i'm one of them). The forward stroke is of utmost importance and your drops/smashes/clears would depend on it, so learn it well!