I get headaches just thinking about Hafiz-Misbun

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by xymaerts, Jul 19, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think Hafiz will call it quits if he does not win one soon, and the headache may be over. Having said that, I hope he will not and try to work harder to achieving a comeback. One thing is very noticeable, he must conquer his total lack of fitness. LCW has put in the mileage, Hafiz needs to do the same. Just playing badminton is not enough. Hope he realises that before it is too late --- consult Nicol David coz she has got it worked out as World's No 1 Squash Champion. I understand the training is very tough for her but that is what puts her ahead of everybody else. Hafiz, get on that bicycle and go for your life ! No more videos !

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hafiz is juz suckssss... even russian player oso cannot win??? SUCKKS! i think Hafiz shall play for country like africa or vietnam... nguyen tien minh oso better than him... he is not deserved to be MAS number 2... at least give lee tsuan seng or WCH to be... once again hafiz is sucks!!!

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

After watching youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP1aGxMRE-s
    It seems back then, the pace of play was slower compared to today. Looking at Chen Hong's defense against Hafiz's smashes, you can tell the speed is no way matching those coming from LD, LCW, TH, ...today. My guess is Hafiz is not able to keep up with the change.

4. pisanggoreng

pisanggoreng Regular Member

why no one is talking bout Asian Junior Championship in KL??? we have lots of talented youngsters there

5. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    yeah exactly... i think hafiz place in the national team will be replace by arif latif soon.. arif did quite well in AJC.. hope he do well in senior level too..

6. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Yes, He should've just quit. And if he wants to continue playing, continue under KLRC.

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Arif Latif has huge potential. I predict he is the 'next generation' after LCW.

8. the_way

the_way Regular Member

I still think that hafiz deserves credit for winning AE 03. In fact, there is no Malaysian MS has won anything bigger than AE since Tan AIk Huang. Almost 40 years of wait!!!!! WCH could only managed to become runner up in world championship and rashid and ong ewe hock also ended up as runner up in AE.

Lee Chong Wei also need to win something big like AE, WC or Olympic. If not, i would say that hafiz has a more successful career than him.

9. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well,winning the All England indeed is sucess for him but his failure is he can't improve after winning it.I feel that he still in his dream land about his win in the All England 2003.We need to forget the past and keep improving because other people also continue to improve.You cannot always thinks that you are the best.Just go and watch his recent game,i am so frustrated not because of his losing but with his attitude on court.He is so lazy and don't have fighting spirit at all.He doesn't treat it as a competition.If one player tried his best to save every point but he still end up with losing,i won't blame him and i will give credit to him.He letting us down once and once again,i really have no more patient in him.

10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i watched the clip at youtube. i think hafiz was very good then. it's a pity!

i think Misbun should show this clip to hafiz. i hope hafiz will feel ashame of himself.

"STANDING IN THE EYES OF THE WORLD WOR!:crying:"

#30 Kamen, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  11. aaron_11

aaron_11 Regular Member

student
    when i watch the clip i feel proud to have a malaysian winning such a big title like AE.. but when i watch hafiz recent games, i feel tat it is such a humiliating defeat for us especially when he lost to unseeded players.. buck up hafiz n roslin if not out u go!!

12. lipans

lipans Regular Member

I think Misbun already has cancer in his head.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Misbun does not have to worry too much about Hafiz. If the guy does not come good, he cannot be blamed coz he has done his best. At the end of the day, the player has to step up NOT the coach.

Misbun moves on to other players too -- e.g. Chan Kwong Beng, another potential LCW in the future.

It is strange how fortunes turn around. Now we have even young Arif showing potential, albeit a bit raw but certainly capable of being groomed further (give him more experience on the circuit).

Anyway, the thrill will be watching LCW win the WC.

14. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Coach Misbun ready to dump Hafiz unless newly-wed performs
    By LIM TEIK HUAT
    KUALA LUMPUR: Buck up or ship out. That is the stern warning from national singles badminton coach Misbun Sidek to singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim.
    Misbun will no longer be protective and will not hesitate to leave him out of the major meets, including the all-important Beijing Olympics next year if his charge continues to under-perform in international tournaments.
    Hafiz has not been making much of an impact on the world badminton scene since he won the All-England title in 2003 and his game has been going downhill for most of this year.
    The latest low point came when Hafiz, as the defending champion, fell to a shocking 21-13, 21-23, 13-21 defeat by unknown Russian Stanislav Pukhov.
    The 25-year-old Hafiz also went down tamely to Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana in the second round of the preceding China Masters.
    Hafiz, who tied the knot two months ago, has now slide further down the world rankings and is ranked 16th, one rung behind veteran Wong Choong Hann.
    Another of Misbun’s charge, national number one Lee Chong Wei, is ranked third after winning the Philippines Open title last week.
    If Hafiz’s latest defeat to the Russian in the Philippines Open is any indication, there is little Misbun can do to help resurrect his career.
    “I have tried everything there is but he is still producing inconsistent results.
    “As his coach, I will not be giving up but he cannot expect a nice ride. There are many juniors eager to come up and if they have the results, I will consider them if it comes to that point.
    “The problem with Hafiz is he has been struggling under the 21-point scoring system.
    “Hafiz must start to realise that he cannot rely on skills alone. There have been many occasions when the opponent knows his game and can switch the tactics to catch Hafiz off-guard in the deciding game. Hafiz is unable to turn the game around when he finds himself in trouble,” said Misbun.
    Hafiz has often fared well in training but fell short of expectations. With many juniors like Chan Kwong Beng and Tan Chun Seang eager to prove a point, Misbun said the onus is on Hafiz to take the initiative to come out of the rut.
    While Hafiz’s services may still be useful when it comes to team assignments like the Thomas Cup, the Olympics will be a different matter altogether. For the Olympics, a country can only have two representatives if both are ranked inside the top 16 by the end of the qualifying period in May.
    “I will only see the performance from the results so far. No matter what, Hafiz has to qualify for the Olympics but if there are others also fighting for that one spot, then it will be up to the best contender,” said Misbun.
    Hafiz is one of the four Malaysian men’s singles players for the World Championships to be held here from Aug 13-19 but Misbun is not putting high hopes on him.
    “I am not expecting anything from Hafiz. His physical condition is okay but from the way he is playing, it’s better not to raise hopes.”

15. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Misbun will not give up on Hafiz..:)

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well we should not underestimate Hafiz's ability even though he has been showing alot of inconsistency. Like what Misbun said.. its all up to Hafiz. Well you never know.. maybe Hafiz is aiming for better results in WC KL.

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    I hope so. hafiz is still young...well relatively younger. :D would be a shame if his journey as a pro players ends now. i can't believe that the all england that he won was the peak of his career and that he will never reach another peak again. but i think it is fair that if he can't perform, that other players be given the chance to shine. especially the younger generation. maybe he needs to be at rock bottom before he will have the motivation to swim to the surface again. lets see what he can do at the WC2007. :)

18. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

ONLY If u believe in miracle ....

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

With Hafiz it is a case of the mind is willing but the body is not. What he needs to do is get his mind to control the body better.:D In other words, do the pushups and the 10K run everyday before the WC.

But I would not rule him out, his mind might just be strong enough to push his body this time. I have seen hypnotism at work before and it works.

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yeah.. hope Hafiz will bounce back. He may be the dark House of this event. No pressure as all fans and media is focusing on LCW,Lindan and Taufik.