Badminton / World Championships: Misbun: Chong Wei can win it!

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ixory, Jun 27, 2007.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

All said and done, I don't think we will get an acknowldgement that you were wrong even if PG does not win, and worse, you probably go on about LCW being useless even if he wins. So what is new from you --- ZILCH !

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Gade hasn't been performing well since S'pore Open. I saw him play, he was flustered against Kenneth in the q-finals, and barely won. Next day, he was stopped by an ice-cool Chen Yu.

After that, he was knocked out in the early rounds in INA and CHN super series, and didn't do very well in Sudirman Cup either. And neither did Kenneth Jonassen and Joachim Persson either.

So it's probably true, time for WACHA to shine for the Europeans in this WC.

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    LYB has his own problems, other than LD, none of his other top MS provided good results after Swiss Open. His benchmark is to win tournaments, not to just qualify for final.

This is really an amazing sport, for half a year from last year's WC to the Swiss Open this year, CHN MS was really dominating (except Malaysian Open), before the cycle was broken in S'pore.

With CH a non-starter, LD may have to go it alone this time. And given the situation with his teammates, if LD retains the title, I will really salute him this time .....

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think the non China players are putting in their effort -- they are sick of being beaten. On the other hand, China players are probably slowing down (they have been winning for too long).

I expect the crunch for China will be the WC. If they lose the MS, then I think all hell will break loose. I don't know what will happen but LYB has better work up an alibi.:D

5. Lawho2030

Lawho2030 Regular Member

self employ
    I was wondering what type of kepala pening he is having (the Hafiz brother pening) but I don't think is LCW that give that kepala pening

6. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    It will be sad for us not to see WCH, CH in actions for this coming WC... They are both great Badminton MS players... A true fighters !

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

In a way, I am not sad because they would not win anyway if they participate. For us, if WCH loses, it agonises. So better if he is not playing.

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Chen Hong and Wong Choon Han might not win, true, but based on their performances, determination and current ranking, they deserve to be there. More so than Bao Chunlai, Chen Jin, Chen Yu, and the Hashim brothers. :(

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    And we loves to see their styles in the games... exciting.. fascinating... never ending attitude... Many players who qualify for this WC certainly lack of those kinda spirits as them ..

10. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

LCW rox la :) hav faith mlsians :)

11. darenong

darenong Regular Member

... have faith Malaysians ...

12. Angelou

Angelou Regular Member

Yeah, I really agree with Misbun.

Lee Choong Wei in the past has shown a lot of inability in controlling his emotions. I would think that his biggest loss of control was in 2006 WC when he lost against Bao ChunLai. Upsets in emotions not only lead to loss of concentration, but it may end up costing you the game. I think bad line calls were his downfall. Every time one popped up during a bad time, he'd really lose it. But now it's different. He's got a whole new game face, better concentration, and more maturity on court. If he keeps his current form, I wouldn't doubt that he has a really good chance. However it's hard to tell. Taufik is certainly a wind to be reckoned with. However because Taufik is like wind, it really depends if he feels his game or not. If he doesn't "feel", then it hard to say if he's got his game going. Lin Dan is on other hand will be a hard challenge. If Lee comes up against him, then Lee will be facing Fitness, Speed, and Power (and some brain). Because of these qualities, Lin usually has been able to overcome Lee with these factors. However, when Lin does keep his mind to it, I have doubts to whether Lee can beat him. Because Lee has a few things above his opponent. Calmness, Net play, and Courtesy. But if Lin brings out the Zen in himself, Lee might not win. Overall, if all goes well, and if Lee doesn't feel the pressure again, I think we might see a monumental match between the two again.

#32 Angelou, Jul 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Lee Chong Wei have a high chance of advancing to Finals. If he play a little better than what he is doing now.. he may be able to win it as well.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Well, he will need to play at least at the same level as when he beat Taufik in the China Masters q-final. That one was really a classic dogfight.

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The X factor is Taufik!!! We know Lin Dan will be seeded #1 and Chong Wei #2 and none of these players want to be the same half with Taufik. The draw can virtually path the road for the champion, like it or not :crying:

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    What you said is totally UNTRUE! Reality check:

Taufik lost to Peter Gade in Singapore open;

Taufik lost to Bao CL in Indonesia open with home court advantage;

Taufik even lost to Nyen Tienmin in Philippines open.

Taufik didn't have a chance to meet Lin Dan or Lee CW in most tournaments.

I found something weird about you guys viewing Taufik. For example,

when Lee CW lost several tournaments, people said he lost his form.

when Lin Dan won several tournaments in a row, people said he's not the best in the world yet.

when Taufik failed constantly, people still believe he's the best in the world, and he can win whenever he wants to.

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    LOL.:D
    Another example is:
    Lin Dan won like at least 4-5 tournaments/year for at least 3 years in a row, with 7 titles alone in 2006. Yet LD is not recognized as the best in this era. However, as soon as LCW won the Indo open + PO, he is now the unbeatable superman and 90+% of Malaysians think he is the world champ to be already.:confused:

But what am I saying... I am cheering for Wacha in WC 07!!!:p

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    PPls recognized TH success mostly becoz he has won all the major title in his bag except for AE.. Its can be compare with any tennis players who have all the Grand Slam Title in his collections.
    LD can won 10-20 tournaments in one year but still failed to produce a single gold medals in OG which can be considered the highest achievements for a single sportsman to get !!

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    He's not consistent.Thats the problem with Th.if only he can win several tournaments consecutively,badminton fans will absolutely 'recognize' him.
    not only that,we will say proudly that he is the best player in this era.

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Taufik chooses his tournament.