Zhang Jiewen where are you?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Just4Kicks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk

In my own opinions, i don't think so that Li Yongbo will bring back Zhang Jiewen to pair up with Yang Wei again. Instead, i think LYB will break up the pairing of Yang Wei/Zhao Tingting if they fared in others tournament again. We'll wait and see YW/ZTT performance in the upcoming WC...

2. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Sorry,sorry.:eek::eek::eek: The word fared should be "if they show the same things again in the upcoming tournaments". Sorry...

#122 lina_ngchiuhwa, Jul 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  3. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Agree with you....

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as oppose to some forum members, the team/LYB do want ZJW to stay. according to Chinese media, ZJW was reported to have submitted her resignation letter to the team during the PO. but the resignation was rejected.

if LYB or the team wants her to leave, then they will be happy to accept her resignation. perhaps the team knows that she is just going through some tough time and they know that she still have the fire in her to pick it up and play good badminton again.

only time will tell what will happen next.

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats very interesting...it can be a tactic so ZYW could not leave China. They have seen that Chen Hong and Zhou Mi could spoil China team in international tournaments.
    If ZYW is not happy..it will be hard to get a good result from her....
    Hopefully CHN team will take care of her....

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think that's more like to be the solution. The reason that LYB to break the Zhang/Yang pair back then, was to extend their career, while helping the young players to gain experience. Even if the pairs don't work well, there's no point to take a step backward, just to focus on the short term goal. CHN still have enough pairs to caputure the WD title if they want to, and the longer term goal of developing more younger pairs is much more important. :rolleyes:

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is clear that ZJW is not happy. but the real question is why.

from previous media reports, she was said to have lost focus and goal as she has already won all that she can win in badminton, Olympics, WC, etc. if that's indeed her issue then some team psychiatrist needs to speak to her and see if they can whip up her spirit again. everyone are different, Gao Ling has won more than ZJW and she is still playing strong, so if ZJW loses focus, she needs to get some help.

there is no doubt that ZJW is an excellent asset to the Chinese team as she is still relatively young and she can play excellent badminton.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's possible, but I assume it's hardly the case, or at least, not the main reason. They can simply refuse to issue her the passport, and she can't travel right away. :rolleyes:

Also, it's easier for single player to jump the boat, as they are on themselves. For double players, it's much hard to find the right partner. Sure, ZJW is still one of the best talent. However, that does not mean you give her anyone, they can immediately produce positive result in big events. :rolleyes:

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I reserve my trust to the media reports, regardless from CHN or other regions. We all know the reporters sometimes make up stories or mis-mistand the real issue. Their job is to draw enough attention from the readers, and to be as early as possible. Therefore, as long as the news is shocking enough, they will publish it. Whether the quote is true, they don't have the time (might never even want to) to double confirm it.

The earlier reports indicates ZJW is losing interests. Then, the recent CHN Master reports say ZJW was upset once she lost the MXD (ok, whether being ordered or not). So, 1 article is about "hey, I don't care", then another is like "damn, i want to win". So, regardless true or not, or she changed her mind, I don't think we can use such and such as very accurate proof to "analyze this". :rolleyes:

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In this case..if I meet ZJW in person , I will ask her directly....I just hope for the best for her career....I guess it is tough for us to know the truth....:rolleyes:

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That will solve the mystery.

No offense to against ZJW, but I don't know we can really "analyze" based on 1 sided story, especially if this girl is under a lot of stress and still emotional. ;) Anyway, best luck to ZJW! :p

12. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

while we can't trust all these reports, he's some info from CHN news to consider: During the PO she put in her resignation request to the National Sports bureaucracy but it was rejected (supposedly right after Yang Wei/Zhao TT lost). Since then, she has returned to Beijing to condition and practice since she's been "out of it" since the Swiss Open in the odd hope that she and Yang Wei will be re-paired as despite not having competed for 5 months they are still ranked 3rd in the world.

Those are the most solid things that we can take away. Anything else would just be speculation unless it came from LYB or her own mouth.

13. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    I am hoping they will be paired together again. Where did you get the news from sumbadder?

14. kennethkoc

kennethkoc Regular Member

email support agent
    Zhang Jiewen

If that's true, i am wondering if Li Yong Bo would reconsider bring the solid and powerful Tandem of Zhang Jiewen and Yang Wei Back. Besides they are still currently World No. 3. I know that they can prove more in the arena of WD. Besides there experience is already well handed. They have already numerous big titles such as Olympic and World Championship. =-)

15. Just4Kicks

Chef
    Any more insider news about Zhang Jiewen?

She has her own website but its in chinese. I think the link is in the badzine site. Together with Gao Ling's and Yang Wei's too.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Rejecting ZJW's resignation is a smart decision.It makes her feel needed,yet she may just be a reserve who will see no important action but most certainly, she does not have the freedom to join a competitor, whether as a coach, player or sparring partner. In other words, she is paid to be in cold storage.
    I am neutral to ZTT although I would say she excels as a shotmaker but repels as a match winner.What I have observed , however, is how many partners she's had and how she outlasts them...QQ, ZJ,ZB(presently sustained by motherhen GL)..she's like a black widow...Does LYB have a soft spot for her or has she a godfather...?

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    With big thunderstorm outside, sitting in the kitchen nothing to do. Some strange ideas just pop into my mind: :rolleyes:

The rejection of JW's resignation might be a strategy to "push her to the edge". Earlier, JW said that she does not have the spirit to fight anymore, as she got everything a player can dream about already. So, push her back against the wall, and let her fight her way through again. Now, you don't have a choice, fight or die.:rolleyes:

Regarding to ZTT, I think she's kinda player can be really good, but just lack of something (skill, mental or even luck) to be on the top. Think about all the NBA great without the rings, such as Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Like your ideas more than mine. Hope it turns out well for JW. She deserves better.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Very thoughtful of you thinking about her situation now.

20. Just4Kicks

Chef
    Well If what they say on the other thread is true.. Check the thread at wold championships 2007. The ibf released a third phase legibility document saying Yang And Zhang have confirmed in joining the world championships!!!!!!

Yang Wei and Zhang Jiewen will be reunited again for world championships... i hope they win. Even though i am also a Gao ling /Huang Sui fan too.

Im very very happy.

They say that women's doubles are very boring because it is always more of an all China affair, but i think they should pay more attention to the great rallies that often happen and not the country. I think they will enjoy the game more.