Isometric Ti Swing Power - SS Version

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TheRisingX, Aug 13, 2007.

1. TheRisingX

TheRisingX Regular Member

I've done searches on this racquet, but am looking more for people who have actually used it (SS Version). How does it play? Right now I am using AT 900T from NS 8000, each of them has their advantages/disadvantages, I'm looking for something more all around (I'm an all around player, mostly mens doubles and able to play both front and back equally well)

NS 8000 is super maneuverable but does lack a bit in power.
    AT 900T is less maneuverable, more power but I really miss the slim frame/less head heavy feel of the NS, swinging it is much easier.

So I was thinking about the ISO TI SP SS Version, specs look promising with it being more even balanced and having a slim frame. It is still "stiff" and should be a nice all around racquet. Plus, it looks nice :rolleyes:

Anyone care to share their experience with this racquet?

2. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    Hi there

I own one currently the SS version. The racket is very similar to the old Ti10 but slightly heavier. Note that I have both the old Ti10 and the ISO Ti SP SS SwingPower and both are 3U versions. I personally have no problems switching between the 2.

Good attacking racket, strong frame and colour similar to NS8000. I'm not sure whether the racket is still in production though.

Cheers

3. TheRisingX

how is it on defense? does it swing fast... I remember hearing some people saying Ti-10's defense is its weakness compared to power and solidness being its strength.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I have the 900 SS!!

5. TheRisingX

and... ? LOL confused :p

6. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    Generally speaking, defensive strokes are not its strong point as its considered a heavy racket. Comparing both SP and Ti10 based on 3U, I feel the SP is slightly head heavier.

Its pretty subjective but if you can attack well, then you don't have to defend so much. Looking at the number of top professionals using the Ti10/A700 and now A900P/T for doubles play seems to suggest head heavy rackets are good for doubles.

I know for certain professionals train their arms/wrist to handle these weight. Some even use 2U rackets of similar models.

At the end of the day, you must feel comfortable using these rackets.

Cheers

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    given that it is a good racket. where are you going to get one? it has been out of production for years.

8. TheRisingX

there is a store in taiwan that has it in stock I think, thats what my friend told me. he says he will be able to get it for me and bring it back.

9. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    very limited quantity are still found in HK.

10. TheRisingX

I'd have to hear some feedback on its performance before I want to get it. But thanks for the concern of if I CAN get it. :)

11. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

I got the ISO TISP SX for myself and the SS for my friend 2nd hand a few weeks back - generally found that there was just a slight difference between the 2 in the short testing time I had using both of them, but I can't say for sure as I had both for only a short period. It was the orange, silver and black version.

Have been using the SX intermittently since, and generally found it to be pretty manouverable due to its standard 665mm length (long shaft, short handle). I still sometimes struggle with getting sufficient angle for my smashes as my other rackets are longer lengths. However, on a right day (aka - me playing on peak form aka - getting enough sleep the night before!), it’s a very good racket, esp for doubles and net play due to its manouverability