Upgrade from Yonex AT800 OFF

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tubby, Sep 3, 2007.

1. tubby

tubby Regular Member

I am having difficulty getting hold of an AT800 OFF as I refuse to pay silly prices for a raquet that has been discontinued :crying:.

However I need to replace my second racket. Can someone advise me on another racket that is similar to this AT800 Off

Thanks,

2. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    at900t is a very good at in my opinion. Although headheavy it feels very light. Simlar to the at800def but better

3. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    There isn't really an *upgrade* from AT-800OF, it's already a top racquet by itself, there are only alternatives and replacements, :p .

The closest and similar replacements to AT-800OF would be AT-900P, and AT-900T for the AT-800DE. Some even say that the AT-900 racquets are direct improvements over the AT-800s, more power, control, etc. (I can't say so myself, as I haven't played with any of the 900s yet).

Since AT-800OF is considered an offensive (hence the name, ;) ) head heavy racquet, alternatives with comparable power would be AT-900P, AT-700, old (discontinued) Ti-10, AT-900T (if you want to lean to defense slightly), and MP-100 to some extent (it is head heavy, but somewhat of a balanced control-type racquet as well).

4. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    You know RSL Diamond X1 has similar feeling as AT800 Off, quite a few good players has this same feeling.