stringer in Davis?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by NoName1225, Aug 29, 2007.

1. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

Hey does anyone know if there are any stringers in the UC Davis region, and please dont tell me to ask the badminton club because i'm not in it. And not in Sacramento because I have to bike, and it's known that people get run over by cars when biking in Sac.

Thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Unless the club is far from your house, I don't see why you have to be a member, even to ask for a re-string. :rolleyes:

Many local players here don't belong to a particular club, but they do stop by to drop off and pick up re-string rackets. ;)

3. NoName1225

the club has a fee, not sure if it's annual or monthly. I'm not paying money to join a club where i'm not going to play for going to a free court.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I did not say you have to stay and play. If the distance is not far, similar go there, drop off the racket to the stringer, and next time, go to pick it up. You can stay inside for like 1 or 2 min, if you find the person right on the spot. Of course, if the club (i.e. rent a college gym) charges fee per entry, that's a different story.

5. NoName1225

so no stringers in davis, any around in san francisco? I don't have a car nor a license, so i go everywhere by bus.

6. Kimmysolucious

Kimmysolucious Regular Member

There are stringers in Davis. You just have to know the badminton crowd to know who strings. If you were looking for a business like in the bay area for stringing services then you're out of luck.

I'm not in the badminton club myself. Most of the people I know despise the club. I've never encounter any problems myself with the exception that they do expect you to pay if you want to play, but that's just like any other club.

If you want to get to know the crowd, they play at the ARC usually around evening time till closing.

7. Kasa Li

Kasa Li New Member

Dentist
    I am living in Sacrameto. Is there badminton courts in our area for anyone practise badminton?