2008 Olympic Torch Relay will visit Jakarta

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by CLELY, Sep 26, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Jakarta will become 16th city that passed by Beijing Olympic torch, scheduled on 22 April 2008. Samsung Electronic INdonesia (SEIN) as presenting partner will select 6 torchbearers for this occasion, they are categorized by :

- Role Model figure = 1 person
    - Journalist = 1 person
    - Best employee of SEIN = 1 person
    - Inspiring People = 3 persons

For Inspiring People category, SEIN has selected 10 nominees from two fields, entertainment and sport. The sport-nominee is coming from badminton (Candra Wijaya), Basketball (2), Swimming (1), Rally (1), Bodybulding (1).

SEIN is inviting INA society participation to choose the nominee via SMS and website, polling period : 03 September - 03 October 2007.

From polling result until yesterday, Candra Wijaya is one of top nominee.

--source : KOMPAS, 26/09/07.

Makes me wonder, why only Candra from Badminton who become the nominee? No Susi, Alan, Ricky, or TH (probably he is one of INA flagbearer candidate for upcoming OG?!)

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Maybe he is taller than TH...:p

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For those living in INA..

..or living abroad & still have Indonesian KTPs, please vote for Candra Wijaya to be the 08 OG's torchbearer for INA, instead of some artists doing it..
    Btw, by voting you get a chance to win a free cell phone,
    "kita harus berjuang supaya candra menang!!" (We must put up a fight so Candra can win!):D:p:);):cool:

http://samsungotr.teledata-vintedge.com/sep07/hasil_polling.php?PHPSESSID=e49jrv8qtd7s50d3nocsic7io2

#3 ctjcad, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think the torch is also going to pass Malaysia as well.

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
  6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

I have seen her movies....have couple of her DVDs...actually Tamara is pretty too:D

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Don't worry Chris, Candra has huge chance to become one of the torchbearer. No doubt, I will give a lot of my votes for him through SMS and online. Actually only Candra who had made INA proud at international stage (read : Olympic arena). Hmm, the actress is leading poll result so far, no wonder because celebrity status is more famous than an athlete in Indonesia.

ants is right, the Olympic Torch also will travel to another 3 cities beside Jakarta in SEA region, Bangkok-KL-Ho Chi Minh City.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hopefully..

:p..btw, when is the deadline for this voting??..Is it Oct. 3rd?? If so, Candra's supporters will have to work extra hard punching those hp buttons..:D:p:);)

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

You're right, the deadline is 03 October. The top-three of polling result automatically will become the torchbearers in Jakarta. Candra position is safe because he's 2nd rank of the poll.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh i see..

..so it's not a 1 person torchbearer, then...Hmm, so who will be the official INA torchbearer come OG next yr??..Will they have another voting/selection for that official torchbearer for INA's contingence??..:confused:

#10 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

There are 14 torchbearers from Indonesia for Beijing OG, 6 persons only surround Jakarta and 8 persons fly to Chengdu (CHN).
    Six torchbearers in Jakarta consist : 1 Role Model + 1 Journalist + 1 Best Employee of SEIN + 3 Inspiring Peoples (using SMS and online vote).
    The other 8 who travel to Chengdu, not yet delivered publicly through media.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I see..

..okay, thanks for that info..No, i was thinking of who will be the flag-bearer for the INA contingence in next yr's OG..:p

13. Ball X

Ball X Regular Member

dancer for hobby
    taufik hidayat should/must be the the flag-bearer for the INA contingence, he's the only one of ina who got the gold medal in OG 2004

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I think Chandra is absolutely the rite guy.He's one of the indonesians who last long enough in the badminton n his performance is always so consistent.His personality also never become a problem.N i think,he's one of the players who loved badminton so much,like Denmark's PG..so..i guess he's also the right one.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    get out of the way,

Punch is coming through.
    U will get whacked with rackets if u get too close. :p
    (note he is holding the torch with 2 hands;))

Punch Gunalan, former Malaysian badminton player, runs with the Olympic torch during the Beijing Olympic torch relay in Kuala Lumpur April 21, 2008. The Olympic torch was paraded through Malaysia's capital on Monday as authorities kept a tight security, seeking to avoid the kind of chaos that has dogged the relay elsewhere.
    REUTERS/Zainal Abd Halim (MALAYSIA)

Attached Files:

#15 cooler, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

TH will be in the relay?

Saw somewhere that TH will be one of the torch-bearers.

Now question: how long will he need to run? Will he have stamina problem? :D

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    he better not coz he has to outrun his old enemies back home:p

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

On one hand, that'll..

..be a very good test for Taufik. Just to see how far along he is in terms of his preparation for the upcoming Thomas & Uber Cups..:cool:
    *Btw, i haven't seen/read any news of him being one of the torch runners, though; i thought it was going to be Candra..

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yes, exactly TH is one of 80 torchbearers who will run approximately 7 km (4.2 miles) to surround Main Stadium of GBK Senayan Complex. And several notable INA shuttlers will take part into Beijing Olympic Torch Relay Program are Susi Susanti, Alan Budikusuma, Candra Wijaya and Ricky A.Subagja.

This evening (14.00 local time) the shortened-route for Olympic Torch in Jakarta will go around Senayan area and only 5,000 official invitations who get privilege to see the relay due to security concern.

-source : KOMPAS (April 22, 2008)
    ANTARA News Agency (English version) -- www.antara.co.id/en/arc/4/22/indonesia-takes-no-chances-on-olympic-torch-relay

*INA shuttlers have extraordinary involvement to this Olympic occasion because only badminton which had presented GOLD for INA. Some former top-players was also invited to attend Press Conference of Beijing Olympic Torch Relay yesterday. They are Liem Swie King, Hermawan Susanto, Sarwendah K, Hermawan Susanto, Joko Supriyanto, Ivana Lie, Verawaty.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Malaysian leg

:D that's a good one Cooler. Just to add, in the Msian leg, badminton, other than Datuk Punch Gunalan : - OG medalists : Cheah Soon KIt, Yap Kim Hock, Razif, Jailani, Rashid Sidek were in the run. LCW was chosen to represent badminton (current generation).

According to the press, it went smoothly, except for a group of China nationals who either threw things or tired to block at a pro Tibet Japanese family. The torch bearers were safe, no incidents like in Paris.