post your wtf moments in badminton

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bigb824, Jul 11, 2007.

1. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    haha just about the same thing happened to me, except the shuttle skimmed down my racket (which i was holding vertically)

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Was going for a shuttle which was close to the back line & realised that it was going out so i decided nt to hit it, it then landed on my back, a bit embarrassing lol :confused:

3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

its always embarrassing when you're trying to leave a shuttle but it hits you instead. i think pros will almost kill themselves if it happens to them.

4. AndyL

AndyL Regular Member

My WTF moment:

my opponent hit a high drop, which I was ready for smash at his face. Which it misses his face, landed on his chest which bounced back over net as a net drop shot. The whole thing happen like in a second. I didnt think even had the chance to react. The guy was shocked too. I am not sure he was dumb or not didnt even bother to go down for cover.... I was thinking should I said sorry or good shot. Anyways I give him the point and move on with the game.

5. Ayame

Ayame Regular Member

Student, Martial Arts Instructor
    1.) Me and my partner were playing a mixed match. The weather outside that night was very stormy, and the lights were ocassionally going out at home, but for some reason I thought that it wouldn't happen at the gym. Lots of tension was being built up during this one rally. My partner was getting all the shots and smashing like crazy and I felt pretty bad because he was doing most of the work. So I decided that I would try ending the rally in one back hand smash. When I get the perfect oppurtunity, I turned around and the second before I smashed, the lights went out (how convinient). We heard a huge wack, and I had the feeling that I had hit something other than the shuttle. The lights went back on and my partner had a red mark right under his left eye. Needless to say, I ended the rally.

2.) This was during a friendly single's game. We were near the end of the match and I hit the shuttle, when I realised that the skirt had flew off (pesky plastic >_<) the cork went flying at a window near the back of the gym and the person standing behind it was pretty shaken. (perhaps he'd forgotten that there was a window, because he covered his head.)

6. maron

maron Regular Member

student
    It's better than hitting her back head~!
    I'm the female player and I used to stand in front of my partner.
    There were some occasions when my partner tries to smash and the bird hits my back head directly! :D My partner is notorious for his powerful smash and when I get attacked it really hurts!!

7. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    why'd you give him the point? the shuttle hitting anything other than the racquet it a fault...

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Darn...that must be hurts alot..:eek:

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    WT??Then that moment might be ur WTF moment:eek::eek::D:D??