NEW Badminton Centre in VANCOUVER??

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Ah_Shum, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Growler

Growler Regular Member

Engineer
    It'll be interesting to see what they come up with to lure players away from the other places to play. I'm also wondering if they'll have coaching sessions, and who the coaches will be if they do.

I'll definitely look you up when I'm at RPro next. And no, I haven't gotten back to my torture sessions with Kiran yet. Inertia and plain laziness have struck again! :( :D

Plus, the fall TV shows have started! :D

2. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

wow, i wonder what coaches they will be using

3. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    man I REALLY REALLY hope they open a badminton centre in vancouver...then..I won't have to go to VRC anymore..and putting up with people who think they are damn rich by being able to pay couple hundred bucks going around to ask non-members "are u a member???"..idiots..makes me feel ashamed to step inside VRC sometimes..sighhh..

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    First off. There's very remote chance of a new center in Vancouver due to a number of reasons: unsuitable buildings and restricted areas being a few of them. Almost all available land are devoted to condo developments, so those dreaming of another center can keep on dreaming.

Secondly, being a member of VRC, you should understand why members do get hot and bothered when other members treat the club as a public drop-in. We paid over $700 for full membership to play there, you can bet your ass that we'll be more than upset if we have to wait unnecessarily because of a few illegal drop-ins crowding our courts.

Of course, members who didn't have to pay the full membership won't feel the burden as much as others. Thus, they'll tend to be more generous and let their friends come in to play for free. That means the rest of us are paying for their friends to enjoy our courts. Oh, and let's not forget that our club has to raise $4 million to expand and meet revised municipal building code too.

If you're not satisfied as a member, you can always relinguish your membership. I am sure there are always more people wanting to get in. If you think we're snobbish here at VRC, you obviously haven't tried out VanLawn and Tennis Club.

I have always welcomed visitors and guests to our club but I have also seen people taking advantage of our hospitality and tested our patience. I am not a mean-spirited person and I try not to be petty about things. However I will be more vigilant and start taking names when more people start violating our trust. For those potential delinquent members out there, you're forewarned.

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    if you are a member, having any other member asking means that they are looking out for the interest of the member group, that includes you. if you aren't a member, but a guest then you really only need to hear that 6 times a year anyways - which is the number of times you are allowed as a guest in the club annually - regardless of whichever member that signs you in.

if you feel ashamed to step inside the VRC because of that, then consider applying to become a member, which may mean getting on the wait list. btw - i am a former membership director, and i will see about bringing this up with the current directors to be tabled at the next directors meeting.

6. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

the badrad has spoken :eek:

7. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    wrong approach to guests...

after thinking this one out a bit, i think we have been going about it wrong all along as directors. instead of making guests feel ashamed, directors should greet and introduce themselves to all new faces and guests in the club. maybe for each new guest we could take a picture with them together with the directors, so we can recognize them whenever we see them, and offer them a warm welcome each time. the downside might be that the directors could be keeping count of the visits, and i guess checking on the registry. i presume the guests will be equally as friendly and cordial to make sure they are properly registered and paid up.

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    u could say it was wrong approach..cuz I remember a long while ago before I was a member..my friend signed me into play n stuff..so..all of a sudden..a group of people (6)..approached me like they were a gang or sth..to ask me in the cockiest voice possible w/ a chinese accent.."A u a memba??"..I was like...wtf..u had to grab 6 people just to ask me a stupid question like that..funny thing is..they were all pretty much all over 40 and 2 of the younger guys were frigin scrawny where one punch will knock their lights out..I would be COMPLETELY ok with them asking if they asked in a POLITE manner..but..with that type of attitude..seriously..I really felt like I was going to spear one of those scrawny guys n tell them to f*ck off..I am a member now..but..I never make a big deal out've it..who cares..just cuz I can AFFORD a couple hundred bucks gives me the privilege to get cocky @ other people who are visiting the club or wanting to join?..sh*tttt...

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Actually it was only one lady who approached you guys first, but you got nasty and start shouting at her that we start approaching to support her. I remember that incident well. Your friend wasn't even a full time member ( daytime, as I recalled) and yet has the cheek to assert himself as such. She only responded because you guys threatened our friend for just looking your way moments earlier. We caught you guys once before for sneaking in and all of the sudden you felt justified to be angry?! We should be justified to kick you out for transpassing. Don't even compare your measly $200 student membership that your parents fork out for your playing privilege, you won't have been able to afford it if you had to pay your own way through college.

You can say all the gangsta **** you want in this forum, but what really count is what you do out there in the real world. Harass us for protecting our own interests and we will respond in kind. You're more than welcome to try and find out the consequences.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    What's wrong the members approach you to verify your membership? They have the rights to protect their own interests, even if that means the whole gym of 200 comes after you. :cool: It's their facility, and if you dont want to show up as a guest, you have your right to walk out, before they kick you out. :D

Btw, I don't see any "POLITE manner", if someone keeps using word like "fxxx", "stupid", or making fun out of ppl's accent. :mad: You want others to respect you? Behave yourself. :cool:

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Just to let everyone know, I was told by another member who was indirectly involved that he was followed afterward on his way home. If any of us are hurt, the full force of the law will bear upon that person(s).

12. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

Student @ Hugh Boyd Secondary
    lol hmm another one in richmond .... i m not supprised ffs!!! richmond is the new Hongkong / china =/ i swear there are no white people anymore all i see are asians. I swear we are taking over Canada

13. Growler

Growler Regular Member

Engineer
    Look again. There are plenty of other ethnicities in Richmond, which is why I like it there.

14. xXHilikusXx

hahha ya thats pretty funny stuff and it does happen. you havent seen the worst lol. full adults " younger" are kicked off by esl adults cause they dont want to explain to them they are adults XD

lol addon just read the rest: man everyone in badminton is cocky and well ya tahts a lie 90% ^^but the ppl who can actually play for anythign are the nicest ppl u'll find ;) dont worry about the cocky nubs ^^

lol someone followed him home?? creepy.

_________

hey pete i still dont know who u are XD

#54 xXHilikusXx, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Richmond is a gold mine!! If am not correct, Richmond was rated #1 as the best place to live or was it the enviroment or something.

16. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    that's true..a lot easier to make a lot more in richmond than in vancouver..but..if they have one in vancouver it can compete w/ vrc..then i can stop renewing my membership this yr and play somewhere else in vancouver...lol

17. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    To make it better. They should reconstruct the malls in Richmond to combine it so it can be like the size of Metropolis!!

18. xXHilikusXx

lol an idea, but wont happen ^^ cause its mostly asian mini malls besides from lets say parker aber and richmond center and landsdowne, two diffrent things ^^ sticker pics !

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    oh yeah true. Well it can be intergrated somewhat haha! cocktail perhaps.

20. xXHilikusXx

Lol cocktail, of course i'd be a hugely weird shaped mall tho ^^ but i am intersted in seeing how landsdown will rise up as a better mall as there should be a skytrain station right on its doorsteps now ^^ i <3 landsdowne its so big.. and good feeling haha

as for an new badminton center, wont happan in vancouver, well doesnt vrc have a plan for expansion?? thats something to think about already.

in richmond? its sorta overloading the pot yes. and since this badminton center will want their share of tournments too.. @.@ scary lol

#60 xXHilikusXx, Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.