MP-21 to AT-300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by The Other, Nov 7, 2007.

1. The Other

The Other Regular Member

First, I usually speak french, so could you be nice to don't be too mush severe with my english :D

I have one year experience, I don't usually play smooth, I am more a player who smash or drive.

Presently I use a MP-21, but I think that it do not give me the power that I need. ( I used the wrist technique ). I am interested about the AT-300 for it power and price because I don't wanna pay more then 160 $ Is there another model that looks like what I want and that is not too much expensive ?

2. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    Carbones 30ms if you can hit the sweet spot consistently.

Not much adjustment on my end from mp21. I just returned to badminton after playing in high school n-years ago.

Just returned to playing in September. Bought the mp21 thinking that the newer technology would give better results and help me bring my game up to speed. mp21 is a nice racket but not much umph with 25Lb with BG80.

I miss the umph-feeling from my Carbonex in my younger days, so my friend bought me the carbonex 30 as early b-day present. it was worth the switch for more umph at 25lb with BG80. Very very nice sweet feel.

3. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    oh here are the photos to show the frame differences.
    1. mp21 over carbonex 30ms
    [​IMG]
    2. carbonex 30ms over mp21
    [​IMG]

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Welcome! So you speak Canadian or French?:D Sorry for the bad joke.
    2) If MP 21 is not giving you enough power, the string might be the issue. Try to restring your racquet with BG80 or BG85 at 20x22 lb. If you still feel not enough power, it will only cost you $20.
    3) If you still want a racquet with more punch, an even balance or head heavy will do the trick. Cab30ms is a good option and if you think you are not a beginner. Another good racquet will be AT500. If you think you are still a beginner, AT300 or a NC Tuff 9 are good choices.

Look around the buy and sell forum, you might find some good deals for a used one.

5. BadJY

BadJY Regular Member

Student
    So you speak French? Nice!
    Salut :D
    Je pense qu'après juste une année de pratique, le MP21 est assez bon pour ton niveau. Toutefois, si tu veux absolument changer, je ne te propose pas un Armortec. Personnellement, moi aussi j'avais acheter un Armortec 500 après seulement une année de pratique/j'avais la même technique que toi. Ça ne m'as pas trop aidé. Il y avait trop de masse dans la tête (headheavy).
    Personnellement, j'te proposerai un SOTX Woven, c'est moins cher qu'un Yonex pi la qualité est aussi bonne. C'est meilleur pour ceux qui utilise le poignet.

Bonne journée à vous.
    Jacques