KKK/TBH lose again???

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 22, 2007.

1. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

I think KKK/TBH kind of lost it on purpose. IF you analysis properly:

1>. KKK/TBH need to enter at lease Final in order to gain more ranking point, if they lost in semi final, they still gain no extra point.

2>. IF CY/FHF win China Open, they will over take KKK/TBH as Rank No.1, but now they lost in 1st round, so KKK/TBH can actually skip China Open and give way to CTF/LWW, and KKK/TBH still maintain their No1. status.

3>. CTF/LWW currently Rank No.5 and JSJ/LYD currently Rank No.4, check on the ranking point, CTF/LWW need to go 1 round further in order to over take JSJ/LYD as No.4.

4>. IF follow Rexy plan to have 3 pairs in Olympic, for this China Open, after CY/FHF lsot in 1st round, is better for CTF/LWW go further then KKK/TBH. Hopefully JSJ/LYD will lost in Quarter, or else CTF/LWW need to beat JSJ/LYD in semi in order to claim Rank No.4.

5>. Is better for KKK/TBH lost in early round and prepare for HK open, cause they will waste energy for China Open if they cannot enter final to gain more point, at the same time also help CTF/LWW (if possible) to claim rank No.4, which is long term olympic plan.

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Err, I don't believe one bit that they lost on purpose, just a case of bad form. Very surprising really, I initially thought new scoring system will give the established top pairs (most of whom are young and play fast) a better chance too hold on to top spots. Apparently not, top pairs are finding it hard against formerly "piece-of-cake" opponents.

Very good for badminton, indeed!

3. lipans

lipans Regular Member

make sense.....

4. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Is alway like that.. KKK/TBH likes to follow CHN foot steps..Each time CHN crash out in earlier round.. they like to follow

5. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

You may be right they are in bad form. But is true that is wasting their energy if they cannot enter final to earn more ranking point, even if they can enter semi final play hard and lost, they still earn no extra point. If is true that they are in bad form and tired, they certainly know that they don't have to win this match and let CTF/LWW do the job as CTF/LWW needs this tournament more then KKK/TBH. (anyway is only my guess).

I think in future more top player will lost to the unknown player, cause when they are top, all people will like to study them and try to break them, and usually nobody put a lot of focus on unknown player (do not study them much), as well as unknown player get bit of potential, maybe with good coach, do good homework, they can do the upset. I believe Taiwan now has good MD coach.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No pair will go play and lose in on purpose.

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    whatever the reason, their defeat is a hard pill to swallow
    but we cant blame them as they are just human
    give them time and they will be back!!!

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hmmm ... how about a Malaysia Boleh for KKK/TBH? :rolleyes:

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

True, True, esp with Rexy around. Ants, tell them dont take it too hard.

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I doubt this is one of the reasons. KKK/TBH could still enter to QF and then "pretend" to lose to CTF/LWW, which is better than losing to an unheralded pair.

Check out The Star today,

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/11/23/sports/19557459&sec=sports

It was the third time that Kien Keat-Boon Heong crashed out at the early stage of the Series. They also made early exits in Singapore and Japan.
    But their defeat did not come as a big surprise, considering the condition of Boon Heong. He had complained of feeling the effects of a hectic schedule over the last few months. However, he will still be featuring in the final leg of the Series in Hong Kong next week.

Well, they may be fatigue, but they are youngsters after all. Look at CTF/LWW whom we always have doubt in their stamina due to age factor. They managed to enter the final of the previous leg of SS (French) and yet they probably has never complained about or looked tired at China SS at the moment. I'm inclined to think that KKK/TBH is still unstable in their performance.

#30 Inky2000, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

No excuse for the lost. They should hv won the match already by giving a lil bit more focus and effort. Still not mature enough.

12. jeremyjuve

jeremyjuve Regular Member

I totally agreed with u mate

13. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

Sorry ants, sorry KKK/TBH.....

Maybe I read too much news about how China plan for their players, who should win and who should lost !!

Hope KKK/TBH will recover soon......

14. jeremyjuve

jeremyjuve Regular Member

C'mon man, im a die hard fan of them as well..but i believe if they really wanna let CTF/LWW gain more pts they can always win that match first (2nd round) and then lose to CTF/LWW rather than giving the match to the unknown Taiwanese and risking themselves being the bombing targets again when they return to M'sia.....they were just tired and didnt focus enough in that game....cheerrzzzzz;)

15. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

haha, thats wad i thought as well.:D

16. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

maybe they feel no fu/cai no challenge, so they feel no meaning la this tournament so giv up lo

17. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

how come they were tired? last week no torunament for them aso.?

18. eaglehelang

1) To be fair to TBH, it's his 1st year as top player. I suppose he's not used to this type of schedule yet.

I read the original interview (done before they went China). The question posed was could they win back-to-back titles to make it 8 in year like Nicol David. They won 6 (4 SS, 2 GP Gold). So, TBH played down their chances, saying his condition not that good (fitness wise). KKK said the same thing in his blog.

They've won 6 titles in their 1st year together, 4 SS equal to Fu/Cai, pretty good for relatively new pair. In any case let the matter rest.

Fu/Cai have been losing early rounds lately(though not to unheralded players), you dont see forum members bashing them. I know there're a lot Malaysians here, but even the China media/commentator are more forgiving compared to Malaysia.

Kido/Setiawan only won big title - WC, early in the year, they were losing early rounds too. They lost tamely to KKK/TBH till the commentator also wonder "what's wrong the World Champs?"

I'm more inclined to think KKK havent fully recovered from his flu bug & blisters. In Europe, TBH was in form enough to help KKK. In this tourney, TBH looked equally drained out.

2) CTF/LWW also lost early round in Denmark. They didnt have to play in 4 country invitational last week. Just cos they're veteran, I think they've found ways to overcome the fatigued feeling and focus.

#38 eaglehelang, Nov 22, 2007
  19. eaglehelang

Last week, KKK played in the 4 country invitational, in XD with WPT. CTF/LWW didnt have to play in that team match.

20. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Hard to believe that KKK cannot recover from one match he played last week. No jetlag or long-haul travel either because Foshan and Guangzhou is only 30+ km apart.

I'm not bashing them when I argued that "their performance is still unstable" as I know they are young and need time to achieve consistency (yes, I'm forgiving). The reason I come out with this argument is that even if TBH is "not used to such a schedule", I can swallow if they lose to other high-ranked pairs at early rounds, but not keeping on losing to unheralded pairs given their real capability. Remember that during their early peak in the first half of this year, being able to beat them was quite a "prestige". And now, they still maintain unbeaten record against MK/HS, JE/MLH etc., and yet JAP and TPE pairs could beat them.

#40 Inky2000, Nov 22, 2007