Congrats Wmc!

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by zqloy, Nov 25, 2007.

1. thesoothsayer

thesoothsayer Regular Member

Congrats! Never thought I'd see the day a Malaysian woman badminton player winning a 5-star title. Great strides have been made in the last few years.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hope she can. She has beaten the top players so far in other tournaments. She just need to sharpen her speed and gameplans. I would say her stamina has definately improved alot. And she did has some improvement from playing with LCW.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

But her first SS win ever. If you read the post match intv, she was very humble, still consider herself like stock market, up and down - means not great yet.

4. K Genetics

K Genetics Regular Member

Bravo!! We are proud of your fighting spirit!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

5. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Congrats girl....you proved fighting spirit can win title myabe titles...

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I am one of the skeptic that WMC would not advance to SF let alone win the whole thing and happy she proved me wrong. Choo not only broke the ladies Great Wall of China but she done something nobody in baddy history has ever done before including Susi and Camilla...i.e. overcome CHN top 3 in a row (with a combined resume of 4 WC and 1 OLY title) and entire CHN spectators and homecourt and Yes! match fixing...Choo should be proud that CHN needs XXF/LL to match fixed their game to play an unseeded MAS player who has never won a title outside of MAS of any significance.:)

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Susi is in a class all on her own...my favorite WS player of all time...there is no non-CHN players since Susi retired that can take her place...WMC just achieved a milestone in her career that most people incuding 'yours truly' did not expect her to do, and to do it in an unfavourable arena as CHN is simply amazing...so let her enjoy her day...and did it occur to you that this is WMC first Open title of any kind...so great no....but the rest of the world needs to give some challenge to CHN, whether it is from DEN, MAS, KOR, INA, etc. for us fans to enjoy and the game itself to grow.:)

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Also a combined resume of 4 WC and 1 OLY title.:)

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Congratulations to WMC. Hopefully, this win will be a breakthrough for u and the beginning of your promising career ahead. This could be a small step of yours but a big leap for the women's badminton of Malaysia.

Syabas WMC (Well done WMC)! I'm really proud of u!

10. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

Thanks Ants, now it explains why her style has a little LCW influence in it, especially net play, you know, the little backhand flick way at the bottom of the net making a cross net shot...lol.... anyways, she played really well this time and all the credits for her determination! Do you guys notice that she's way faster this time?

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yup, she did play faster this time and also more aggresive.

12. speedy

speedy Regular Member

Plus also : No bad calls against her:)

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Also all winners of China Open is all first timer winners in Super series...........

14. doremi

doremi Regular Member

Congrats! Congrats! Most improved malaysian player of the year, no?

15. jesminekia

jesminekia Regular Member

well done MC.......u make all malaysian proud......yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!really touching the moment that u won the match......

16. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

syabas WMC!!!!!!!

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    hmmm GOD's hands involved there :D :D

18. jeremyjuve

jeremyjuve Regular Member

Keep up the good work WMC, i will always support u no matter lose or win..
    to all malaysian supporters, the most important thing is we don't only support our players when they win, at least don't bomb them when they lose (not referring to HH)....as long as they tried their best and that's enough (for me at least).....*pls do not treat WMC like the way majority of the Malaysian treated KKK/TBH when they don't perform well (send them sky above when they win and pull them back down on the ground if they don't win..especially TBH during WC07, we all tend to forget that he was only 20)....come on all, support them whole-heartedly and not only when they're winning...cherrzzzzz

19. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

It's interesting to check out how Chinese fans perceive WMC, now the "nemesis of CHN WS players" (hope this nickname will last long) ...

Source: http://www.chinabadminton.com/

Apart from winning the title, she has won CHN fans' heart.

(selected postings)

小姑娘太可怕的,那样小的身材,那样的防守,密不透风!中国的主裁恶心让人恶心到想上去揍她,只要是黄提出换球,没一个同意,谢要换全可以换,结果还输了,丢人丢死人!!!!

This little girl is awesome! Her defence was solid albeit having such a petite body! The CHN empire was simply aweful ... she had never granted WMC's requests to change the shuttlecock and yet granted every single request by XXF - and yet XXF lost. So humiliating!!!!

太顽强了,有些根本没希望的球都努力地去救,我喜欢这样认真、努力打球的球员,比如妙珠,比如张宁
    [​IMG]

She was so determined - always tried to save seemingly "hopeless" shots. I like hardworking players like WMC, ZN.

我注意到多数对手下网的球只要不太远黄妙珠都是自己捡过来,希望我们的女单在体力和意志品质以及风度上向小黄姑娘学习

I noticed that WMC always picked up most of the shuttlecocks that fell on her opponents' area but not far from her. I hope our WS players could learn from her in stamina, determination and grace.

真替她高兴。
    越来越喜欢她了。

I'm happy for her ... I like her more and more ...

中國隊應痛定思痛,未來選材,不要只選高大,今天嬌小的黃妙珠有如我們當年的龔智超。
    套用李玲蔚的說法:[打球不是用手打死對方,是用腳跑死對方]

CHN should learn the lesson. When scouting for talents in the future, don't just go for tall ones. Today's petite WMC is just like our Gong Zhichao in the past, as Li Lingwei said, "(In badminton) We use our legs, not our hands, to 'kill' our opponents."

如果我们对比从前黄和中国队员的比赛,就会发现黄满场乱跑,而中国高妹们如闲庭信步一般。脚下轻松,手上自然有准。黄再顽强也没用。而这次黄的几场比赛,她都成功地使中国女单们也满场奔跑起来。

In the past, when WMC played opposite CHN shuttlers, she was always forced to run around the court. Instead, the tall CHN girls were just like walking around; easy movement => accurate shots. Therefore, WMC's determination was in vein. This time round, however, she has successfully made CHN shuttlers running around the court.

谣传他们两个是一对,但老天似乎早就定好了他们的姻缘。
    看长相,两个人都尖嘴猴腮,瘦小枯干,面黄肌瘦。(鉴于有人有不同的理解,加上一句。我只是觉得这是对他们比较准确的描述,没有别的意思)
    看球风,都是满场跑,满场拉,打不死,我磨死你。只是李宗伟突击技术好些。

(Not going to translate word by word ...)
    Rumor says that they (Choo Choo & Wei Wei) are couple ... they indeed are look alike. Look at their very similar game style - running around the court, invincible, drill until you "die" ... only that LCW's attack skills were better.

黄妙珠打球越来越有李宗伟的影子,这样的恋爱值得!

WMC is playing more and more like LCW. Such a (romantic) relationship is worthy!

[The following postings came from a thread that was created right after the sf match]

不知道为什么,这个黄妙珠一直是我最不喜欢的球员。因此,戴上“有色眼镜”看她了。无论什么时候看她打球,都认为打得很难看,她打球的风格太小气。因此,本人认为她要想拿到更多的冠军,尤其是全英,或者世锦赛这样级别的冠军,我还真不是瞧不起她,一个字“难”! 别看这次她把老张打了,也不能体现黄妙珠的能力和技术有多强,明天看咱们谢妹妹怎么溜她吧~~

Dunno why but I never like WMC ... I found her game style very "ugly" - or "stingy". Beating ZN didn't prove her skills. Let's see how our XXF will toy her on tomorrow ...

妙珠球打得难看是个事实,算不上“有色眼镜”吧。人长的还是很清秀的。今年她已经算是有很大的突破了。已经是第二次进入超级赛决赛,也能够隔三差五击败从前打得她满地爬的强大对手。拿大赛冠军来要求她未免太高了。

It's true that WMC's game style is "ugly", but she is good looking anyway. She has already shown big breakthrough in this year - her second SS final appearance. From time to time, she may be able to beat 1st-tier opponents who used to demolished her (literally, "beat till she was crawling on the floor" ... another posting was even more "graphic": "beat till she had too search for her teeth on the floor"). However, it would be too much to demand her to win a major tournament.

她的打法是她的身材决定的,你以为她不想当高压妹吗?

Her game style was determined by her body size. You thought she didn't want to be a tall girl?

黄妙珠的打法很体现体育精神,前两年翅膀还没硬的时候,跟张宁打就算一局只是拿一半的分,很多很难救,甚至根本无法救的球,她都是奋力去救,相对来讲,比谢杏芳那种半死不死懒洋洋的打法看起来要舒服很多.现在黄的多拍的质量\速度和耐心已经逐渐超越皮皮老徐了,这样的对手成长起来,真的是很可怕的,哪天她的信心继续膨胀的话,很难说她不是下一个龚智超或王莲香(当然,不同时代的球员很难比较)

WMC's style demonstrates sportsmanship ... she always tried her best to save those "incredible" shots, unlike XXF who plays a lazy game (literally, "half-alive-half-dead"). Now that WMC's skills, speed and patience are gradually overtaking PHY and XHW, she's going to be a dangerous opponent should she continue to grow. She may become the next Gong Zhichao or Susi Susanti.

黄的身体素质腿部力量跟王莲香相差太远,想再提高不容易。

WMC's "body quality" (stamina or body size???) and her leg's power are far behind Susi. Hard to improve further.

同意楼上,是比王劈叉差太远,但正是这种水平的屡屡击败中国队的,反衬了国家对教练组的无能!

Agree ... she's far behind Susi in those aspects. However, it was such a player who keep beating CHN players, which only shows the incapability of national coaches.

大家要知道大马的训练条件远远比不上我国
    一般的家庭都不舍得送自己的女孩子去练羽毛球
    妙珠MM是个很能吃苦的华人女孩,也非常有礼貌
    我很看好她

You should know that MAS' athlete training is far behind us. Most families do not want their daugthers to play badminton. Mew Choo "MM" is a hardworking Chinese girl ... and a well-mannered one. I have faith on her.

现在哪个国家的女单拿冠军都是很正常的事.中国女单在唐雪华的折磨下,水平已下降到已不堪入目的地步了. 除了身材高之后,打球给人的感觉就是:没招,没应变能力.

Now it's normal that any other country's WS player wins a title. With Tang Xuehua's (their coach?) "torture", Chn WS' standard has been dropping till beyond recognition. Albeit being tall, the players "have no weapon and are unable to adapt".

#59 Inky2000, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    now the "nemesis of CHN WS players" (hope this nickname will last long) ...

When Tine Rasmussen won the JO WS title, many fans also wished the same thing happened. But it just does not work after that