Why my Carbonex 7000 seems 'powerless'

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by eugenesmasher, Nov 27, 2007.

1. eugenesmasher

eugenesmasher Regular Member

Undergrad.
    Actually I'm wondering what areas my Carbonex 7000 specializes in because when I compare it with my Muscle Power 21, it pales when it comes to power, but is very good in control because its easier to aim with.

Its actually quite old, several years old. I bought it when it was quite expensive. But I tend to know little about racquet properties. Anyone can help me?

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Huh? Define 'expensive'. Carbonex 7000 is not a highend racquet. You might wanna try a higher tension, maybe 1~2lbs higher on your next string job to give you a more solid feel.

3. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Cab 7000 is an entry level racket. Muscle Power 21, although is another entry level racket, is newer and is aimmed at the power department. Your observations between the two rackets is normal. Like cappy said, just try to restring it, say, at 23-24lb, you probably could squeeze a bit more power out of it.

4. zhafir92

zhafir92 Regular Member

form 5 2009
    i actually own this racket.the carbonex 7000 df. given to me on my birthday about 5 years back.
    the one i had was a 2u,one piece racket.carbon shaft and steel frame.
    maybe the fact that it is heavier makes the racket swing less fast than the mp 21. for me,that racket was more powerful because the shaft was reasonably stiff(if i remember correctly) and it had a heavier head being it had a steel frame.
    in the end,it all depends on u.if the racket doesnt suit u,u wont get much out of it imo

5. eugenesmasher

Undergrad.
    My MP21 is actually 2U, while my Carb 7000 is a U.

But I guess the Carb doesn't quite suit me since I'm more towards power. I do hope that Yonex continues its Muscle Power line though. My MP21 feels like an extension of my arm when I play.

Actually I do get power from my Carb 7000, at least enough for smashes so I guess... Carbonex just doesn't suit me I guess.

#5 eugenesmasher, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  6. eugenesmasher

Undergrad.
    Another possibility I'm considering is that my Carb 7000 is strung with a rather high tension (its really very hard to press) as compared with my MP21, and I heard that the higher the tension the less power.

So yeah I'm guessing that must also contribute to the difference.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It also depends on the balance of the racquet. A hammer hits harder because it's head heavy, same thing with a head heavy racquet. If the balance of the racquet is not optimal like the Cab7000, it makes it awkward even with a high tension. For your Cab7000, it's not high tension that's your answer but rather optimal tension. If your racquet is strung too tight, you need to let it sit for quite awhile.

I have handle a Cab 7000 in a store, it doesn't have the same feel as that of the Cab20, Cab23 or even Cab22.

#7 cappy75, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  8. eugenesmasher

Undergrad.
    Yeah its more balanced in terms of weight, not head-heavy that's for sure. I can get speed with that racquet but certainly not power.