Lin Dan Vs Lee Chong Wei, MS Final?

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by michael_khong, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Tomorrow will be the 3rd time in a row that Lin Dan eliminate Lee Chong Wei in the Hong Kong Open... since 2005.

2. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    well, if LCW wins, he'll praise himself 4 playing brilliantly... if LD wins, LCW would definately say that his knee is in pain and therefor he cant play well... LCW always has excuses... Even Misbun is helping him to come up with excuses...

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    nah.... just retired half way ................:p

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The pain will not stop him from playing hard and walk, that we should appreciate and respect. Chong Wei did not get any help on these two tournaments(China and Hong Kong Opens), he has to play very hard to win over all his opponents unlike the Chinese players, so having ache and pain are normal, don't you think so? Further more, if that "excuse" can make his play pressure free and win more games, why not?
    Chong Wei is getting more mature after the collapse in World Championship, give him credit and continue to support his as fellow Malaysian.
    To me, all the Chinese players are world class, not just in skill but also in attitude, unfortunately, we look at them so different now mainly due to the orders they have to obey coming from the top, just see how Chen Hong reputation is ruin and how sad his career is ending ...

5. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    I'm not saying that i dun respect him... I respect LCW, dun get me wrong... Its just that he has alot of excuses when he lose... I jus dont understand why he cant take it easy like any other players?? He dont have to say anything, u know... Nobody will blame him or beat him up if he has no excuses...

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) Lin Dan does the same thing too, not counting the walkovers he gets.
    So would other players cos the reporter would what strategies you use, players just answering questions.

2) Excuses?? He won a SS title with that 'excuse'. Did you see his knee and thighs in ice packs on tv ? Did you see him limping after matches in HK Open?
    Did you him grimacing in French Open, every time he dived or did a jump smash? In Hong Kong, it seems to be worse.

And Maximum, you also kena Maximum from other BCers for sayng that

#66 eaglehelang, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Did LCW make excuses when he lost last week? All I remembered was that he mentioned that Bao Chunlai was the better player and deserved the win, but he wished that the controversial line calls did not happen, so that the match could be made closer than the scoreline suggests. Even if the injury was mentioned, he didn't use it as an excuse.

But it's actually easy to ensure players not to find excuses for their loss, just don't ask them why they lost and accept it that it was not their day ....... :D:D:D.

But we don't do that, do we? Nah, we need to know everything, with "spies" armed with high tech cameras, roaming through tournaments and "inside men" getting first hand news from the respective team coaches and players while dining with them. And the reason we do so is because we care ....... ;)

8. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    BTW. China play very dirty and not supportive.

We can see in SemiFinalGao:
    Ling/ Zheng Bo won (Workover)
    Lin Dan Won (Ritired)

Some tactic and politic from China to save power. BWF must know this and give china penalty for this. This is not fair.

We can see INA don't want to use this because sport must be supportive.

I want Ina Xd can Beat China Xd today.

I want Lee Chong Wei Beat Lin Dan

9. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    Also Gao Ling - Zheng Bo. They tactic is very dirty and not supportive for sport. China make the sport dirty already.

You can see INA don't want to use this for mix double in Semi Final.

This one we know: china afraid to INA and Malaysia.

I hope this tactic unsuccessful. I want LCW win and Liliana Natsir-Nova win.

By the way, Taufik wan to finish his games faster with Lindan because He want to watch Miss World in Hongkong...hhaaa

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Lets hope LCW wins but LD is the best player on earth (coz he can beat me :eek::p). Anyway, sports are result-driven and LYB will do everything within his authority to win 5 golds in OG08. We all hate this scumbag but let me ask u one question: "if u hv top three players in every category, u can do what i'm doing. Do u have that priviledge?"

so, look around ourselves. which country has top three players (in top 8)? CHN has in MS, WS, WD so that they can manipulate the results.

Msia Boleh...!!! LCW gambate...!!!

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    For them,it's not dirty.Simply because they dont have the way of thinking/perception like most of us do.All they know is to win the match/tournament..n how to win..that's all.That's how it's done in china.They dont bother to think of what others might think..since for them,winning is the most important thing in a game.Esp when they r already the world's no 1 country for badminton.

12. stvliew

stvliew Regular Member

You are right man! Chinese team always play "dirty"!

13. stvliew

stvliew Regular Member

They are lack of sportmanship. They play "dirty" to win. What a shame!!!

#73 stvliew, Dec 1, 2007
  14. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    take is easy guys.. I can smell another closed thread coming.

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hehe..don't be such a narrow minded.When u learn some lessons in the school about differences between ur country n another countries,u might think that "wow..how come".."why is it so different than our country".."our country is better"..or "their country is better"..but,that's the way it is.They're not u,n u're not them.

The thing is that,u dont think they way they think.If u got such a way of thinking,like they do..i'm not sure u'd think that it's a shame.

PS:I'm not supporting for china's so called "dirty act" anyhow,n my nationality is not chinese.I'm also not supporting for china,but i'm just seeing from the other angle.The wider angle.So,dont u guys think that "Of course u support them,u're chinese"..:):),since i'm not even supporting them.In fact,I was bored to watch chinese dominating badminton..either it's healthy or unhealthy.

#75 Smichz, Dec 1, 2007
  16. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    "Dirty"... is this what you mean "dirty"... the fact that they can always have the opportunity to play "dirty" suggest that they are better(as a unit) than the other nations. If they aren't better, what makes you think they can always take up more than 50% of the total slots in semi-finals of all tournaments.

If you want to talk about "dirty", you may as well just talk about athletes that use illegal substances that boost up their performance... now that's dirty.

The Chinese train hard, and they perform well enough until they get to the point where they can determine internally which person/pair to advance further... can you really blame them? Why not blame the other player(s) who can't stop them from doing such a "dirty" thing... eg. stop letting them win and proceed to the point where it is China vs China.:rolleyes:

17. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    Hk Open

:cool: Lee will certainly be the underdog Will this game be shown live on the internet

18. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    2007 HK open

Is there anyone who knows if it will be shown live on internet
    I hope it will be Lee C W against Lin Dan:cool:

19. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    :crying:

Don't underestimate the underdog? It could be a disguise in blessing 4 L C wei

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Hong Kong Open 2007 Mens Singles Final: LD[1] vs LCW[2]

Hong Kong Open 2007 Mens Singles Final: Lin Dan[1] vs Lee Chong Wei[2] :):):)

What have been posted about the players for this MS Final could not have been predicted with more accuracy. :):):)

With just a few more hours before this MS Final, we are hoping that their officials/umpire/service judge/lines persons will do the right thing this time. :confused::confused::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.