Analysis of LCW's play in HKO

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by X Ball, Dec 4, 2007.

1. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    My take on LCW defeat boils down to his character. No doubt he's got talent but he has got to just..... be himself. No point pleasing everyone but lost the pleasure of playing the game. Know what I mean, LCW just be yourself.

2. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    BTW...LCW played a great match at the HK O except of course, the last two points.....

3. victory

victory Regular Member

I think it is obviuos that LCW knee injury has affected his performance in HKO. He said in one interview that he has to pop 2 pain killer to play that match. Secondly, I think his confident got affected in 2nd game when his lob and his tactic didn't work out well and he didn't adjuste his tactic fast enough.He soon lost focus, he tried very hard to catch up but that was not good enough. Lastly, LD is fresh. LD lost in the first round in CO and CJ gave him the walk over.

LCW is mentally strong. Much stronger now. He is not weak. Losing and winning is all part of the game. We can accept that and I am sure he can accept that as well. Losing the HKO open final is no big deal.Remember, he is still the runner up in 2 consecutive Super series open.

I am sure he will learn from the matches in these 2 opens and grow stronger. When he is fully fit, his chance of winning LD is high. He has proven his mettle anyway.

4. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

The above text in bold I disagree...
    Talking about the over all skills, you have to count in physical fitness. Because LD is fit, so he is lighting fast.

The 1st set, LCW played an all out game + beautiful deceptive shots.
    The 2nd and 3rd game, LD's pace became much faster (warmed up?). The increasing of speed was not only giving LCW less time to react but also closed LD's own defense holes.
    As we all know, good deceptive shots need time to execute. The increasing of pace must caused more errors from LCW.

We saw more and more deceptive shots from LCW now; I feel he's becoming more like TH (well, the TH 2 years back).