Receiving Serve Ready Position

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by KazeCloud, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    This thread is beginning to resemble alternating serves ;)

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Wayne, please behave more civilly.

There is a fine line between attacking a statement, and attacking the person who made the statement. You have crossed that line in this thread, with comments such as:

It's clear that you want to guide the discussion towards a fight between you and me. There is no other explanation for your sarcastic, inflammatory comments.

I really don't care what you think of me. Perhaps you're harbouring some grudge from a previous thread; perhaps you see me as a rival; or perhaps you just enjoy goading people. It doesn't matter. Your comments are inappropriate for a discussion forum. Leave them at the door.

Don't get personal on forums. I'm sorry if I irritate you; I don't intend to do so.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou here. I've been guilty before of getting personal, of becoming emotionally involved. I've made these mistakes too; but now I try not to repeat them.

So please: stop trying to provoke an angry reaction. It's unhelpful and unedifying.

#42 Gollum, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I love your reasoning...:rolleyes:
    So, using some similar logic, then when a (absolute)beginner player plays, then he/she doesn't need to worry about which hand to hold the racket, because if he/she can't hit the shuttle accurately or hard enough; it doesn't really matter which arm he/she uses.:confused:

4. Kiwiplayer

Kiwiplayer Regular Member

Yes, I suppose I have been more sarcastic than usual. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll put it down to being away from home for 2 weeks stuck in a lab while my 6 month old is doing all sorts of cool stuff for the first time.

But I still think you're wrong ;)

Wayne Young

5. Kiwiplayer

Kiwiplayer Regular Member

Why would you think that's a logical conclusion?

Besides, if a complete beginner doesn't know whether he's right handed or not, are you going to force them to use a particular hand? Let them figure it out themselves. They'll soon gravitate towards using one or the other.

Before you start thinking that everyone knows whether they're right or left handed, I know a number people who use one hand to write with, and yet the other to play sports with. It happens.

Wayne Young

6. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Usually a beginner will find that one hand works better (usually their domimant hand). Then, they'll use that one when they play. Your reasoning is correct, but your assumption that this is an absurd result is not correct.

7. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    Please don't argue. My question on the ready position has already been resolved. =]