Turntable Locking Lever

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Dirchsen, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dirchsen

Dirchsen Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

As I have wrote before I am new at stringing, so now I wonder once again. :) It’s because I really don’t know, when I should use the "Turntable Locking Lever".

I can easy make a stringing without locking the table, so when under the stringing process will it be a good idea to do this? :rolleyes:
    Merry Christmas

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi,
    The turn table luck is used when you pull string from inside of the frame across the tensioning head. This is used for before tide off. Some stringers like to tension the tie off string and use awl to keep it from slipping. It will keep the tension better on the tie off.

3. Dirchsen

Dirchsen Regular Member

Student
    Ok, thank you again for your help. And happy new year everyone.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with the theory.

However, I don't like the idea for doing so, simple because during the tie off, more or less, intentionally or not, we will apply uneven force to the frame by pulling the last piece. If we lock the system, then even even force will be provided on a rather small section of the frame (i.e. tie off spot).

If we let the frame has a small margin of turning (not lock), then, it will reduce the stress to a degree. To balance out the possible extra tension loss, simply add 10% more tension to the last piece, or tension the last piece twice (the idea of pre-string).