SOTX doubles racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by spence_31, Dec 28, 2007.

1. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    Hey, im looking at buying a new racquet for doubles, particularly an SOTX racket. im an all around player, descent defense and a good hard smash. Im currently using an AT 700 3u G5 and love it, but all i hear is that the 700 is primarily for singles....ive been looking at the woven 7, woven 9a or the woven 12. any ideas?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Since you love the AT700, why not keep it. Just because some othe rpeople say it is for single? The most important thing is you like the racquet and it fits your style. I assume you are a good offensive player. I that is a case, you just need to be able to rotate to back and take advantage of your power to clear and smash. Also practice on clearing smash.
    Unless you keep losing matches and the reason is you can not manuver your racquet fast enough to lift and smash ot block it back. There is no need to change a racquet just because people say so. Another example. Lin Dan use AT900p. According to YY, it is suppose a double's racquet. Does it stop him to be the top player?
    You will know it when you need to change the racquet.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I thought Lin Dan uses AT700 still.

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would say CP-7000.. It is very quick and yet powerful, perfect for good doubles player!!

/Twobeer

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry, I should say he endorse AT900-p. Here is a picture. This is best I can do in such short time.

Attached Files:

6. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

But don't get hanged on the 900P just because LD uses it. He used the AT-700 for a very long time, and as most people would agree on, the 700 is still, and shall always be, a great racket.

7. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    so should i just buy a backup for the At700??? whats another similar racket i could try?

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    AT700 may be a tad slow for doubles, If you are not extremely strong in your wrist..

alternatives to AT700 (for singles mainly) could be Babolat Nitro, Mizuno TC700, Forza Ti-45, Head Metallix 10000, SOTX Woven 11/7...

/T

#8 twobeer, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  9. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    any ideas for a doubles racket similar to at 700?

10. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    I don't know that much about SOTX, but maybe you could try the rackets out yourself in a club in your town..
    I do have played with some SOTX rackets, and I 1 of them was very simular to AT700.. I tried the SOTX Woven 9 from a friend, and it felt like headheavy, agressive racket. It's is heavier as for instance the 5 or 6 so i think the woven 9 would be the most simular to AT700.
    (i'm not shure, I didn't try it for a long time)

Cryptail

11. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student

Don't focuse yourself on that commercial... Lin Dan does play with AT900P, but hidayat for instance can be found on the court with a AT700 too...
    the players always change their rackets, so don't buy 1 because your idol had it on the previous tournament. You need to search for a racket that suits your style, not the style of someone else, because you are the one to play with it ;)

Cryptail

12. spence_31

spence_31 Regular Member

school
    yea i dont think i will base my descision on whether a pro uses it or not....thats just stupid

13. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    A racquet similar to AT700 is the AT700. There is no such thing as a "doubles racquet". Some racquets are designed to have a long handle for doubles, and if you like it for singles, that's good too. Whatever you like to play with, that's your "everything racquet", good for whatever you want to play.

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I would say "doubles rackets" is a vague term...

some players want a heavier racket for doubles, because of the power-based-play they dream of (ti-10's for example)..others think of lighter/faster rackets because of the pace of the game...
    For me, a doubles racket would be even balanced, 3U and a bit stiff..Nice and allrounded.

As for Sotx, I'd say the D500 is pretty allrounded...and a hard-to-hate racket ;)

15. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Go to RSL if u want a new experience. There are so many model to choose. I m sure one will gonna suit you.

16. niteeshs

niteeshs Regular Member

Engineering
    You could try D600 if you want to look for a SOTX alternate for AT700. It is head heavy and maneuverable with able to hold string tension up to 30lb (recommended tension printed on the racket is 28lb). I play predominantly doubles and found this racket very good for both attack and defense.

17. nogat_bits

nogat_bits Regular Member

student
    agree with niteesh, i use 3 D600 myself and d600 self is a great racket for both single and double.

18. cindyleeug

cindyleeug New Member

clerk
    What about woven-9A of sotx?
    It is suitable for attacking. headheavy 67.5cm long. max tension is 31lbs.

19. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Double racket

Hi,
    Why not try SOTX Woven 13? A very solid, well balance racket and strung up to 31lbs.;)
    Lee:D

20. juris

juris Regular Member

night stalker
    The W12 and CP 600 are best suited for mixed doucbles play so that there will be more manuverability for the male player. In mens doubles play, i would prefer the W7 or W7I or D600. For power, nothing can beat these three. :rolleyes: