LD's blog post

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by zqloy, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
    i think the video suggest that Lin Dan throw his requet before Li Mao says anything to him. that's a big difference.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no it does not. even Li Mao in interviews confirms that he yelled at Lin Dan and then Lin Dan threw the racket.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Initially I thought it would amount to nothing. But it is becoming overwhelmingly evident that LD will suffer the consequence of this irrational action of throwing the racket in the direction of Li Mao.

If BWF lets it go, then I think it will set a precedent in the future for racket throwing at opposing coaches. Can we tolerate this ?

#183 X Ball, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  4. kankan

kankan Regular Member

IT
    #184 kankan, Jan 30, 2008
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Dont worry, The Star also feature the news :

Lin Dan refuses to say sorry for scuffle

[​IMG] BEIJING: World number one Lin Dan (pic) has refused to apologise for his part in an ugly scuffle with South Korea singles coach Li Mao during the final of the Korean Open in Seoul last Sunday.

Lin Dan, who was beaten by Lee Hyun-il, appeared to throw his racquet in fellow-Chinese Li Mao’s direction after protesting a line call awarding a match point to the Korean.

The hurled racquet sparked a shouting match between Lin Dan and Li Mao, and play was halted for about two minutes as match officials struggled to restrain the world champion.

Lin Dan’s coach Zhong Bo also intervened, pushing Li Mao, who shoved him back, and officials had to jump in to separate them.

Lin Dan, China’s best hope for the men’s singles gold at the Beijing Olympics in August, went on to lose the final game 25-23 after being given a yellow card by Czech umpire Mojmir Hnilica.

He refused to apologise for losing his temper, saying the Korean team had won “dishonourably” and that Li Mao had taunted him after the referee awarded the match point.

“He verbally attacked me. He is also a Chinese. I could not accept him saying such things,” the Beijing News quoted Lin Dan as saying.

“The Korean team won very dishonourably, and I lost very unhappily. I will not apologise for this matter.”

Li Mao, who left China in 1999 to coach overseas after falling out with China’s current national coach Li Yongbo, said Lin Dan had been “rude and immoral”.

According to the China Daily, he added that the Korean team would file a complaint with the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
    “I have never seen such an ill-cultivated player in my coaching career,” the paper quoted him as saying after the match. – Reuters

Anyone knows what about the history this "falling out" thingy that Li Mao had with LYB?

6. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Really doesn´t matter to me who yelled, said something first, stood up and walked in any direction and all that...
    ...for the violent way Lin Dan throws his racquet intentionally in direction of visitors and coaches, he shouldn´t be allowed to keep on playing by the czech umpire.

7. tyran

tyran Regular Member

Lin Dan push world badminton toward violant sport.
    new era to badminton?

why he didn't join WWF, since he favours in fighting so much?

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Agree but I think the Umpire was probably caught in a situation where there were no previous precedents and he did not know how to react accordingly.

But it does not matter as the incident is recorded and BWF will surely take action(s). LD may 'breathe' for now but I cannot see him avoiding suspension.

9. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    Li Mao was among people wo started a revolt against LYB behind his back, because of financial irregularity under LYB. They signed a document, but LYB found out and fired everybody who signed this document. But unfortunately Li Mao was his best Coach.

10. kuai_chai

kuai_chai Regular Member

LD is just another victim of cheats from the KO.
    How he reacted is just as normal as you have been accused of doing/stealing something which u have not done.
    Sigh, and why must everyone repeating the same incident for so long?

It's time to look forward instead of turning back to fan the fire just because of what CO has done to our team in the final last year. IMO, players are just victims, the main culprits should be the linesmen and the organizers.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think you can see the argument as that or you can see it past that and say he should not have shown such aggressiveness, regardless of whether he was provoked.

12. block306

block306 Regular Member

Actually at the end of the day, we all have overlooked an issue. LD said he will not apologise to LM- fine, we don't really care, honestly. But I feel that he should apologise to all the badminton fans for what he did, regardless. He is not even thinking of doing so...sigh.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am not so sure he can be that cocky. If the BWF penalises him, it might be a different story. To show so much disrespect to LI Mao will not endear him to anyone. Time will tell whether he will learn that what he had done have irked the fans.

14. lhchia

lhchia Regular Member

anybody counting on how fast the swing was it? 400mph?

15. eaglehelang

Tohcsh, it's not so in real life. In brief : Many, many Msians, from all walks of life, critised LCW for being "mentally weak" in CO 2007. It was all over the Msia media, I'm sure you've read them. Read how China's media potray this KO incident - different.

16. eaglehelang

It wasnt so clear in the Korea news vid.
    When I watched the Korea news vid, it just showed LD throwing, not exactly which direction & the actual force of the throw. I thought he threw it lightly over the net, landed on the ground in the empty part of court. LD bend back & throw, but if the actual force is controlled, it doesnt go far (I dont know how to explain any clearer).

Only LHI was supposed to be on court, and LHI was standing on other side. The Korea vid would imply LD wasnt intentional (to me)- that he waited till LHI wasnt in his line of shot, then throw over the net in frustration- that way nobody would get hurt.

But this new vid shows the force of the throw, and the fact that it was thrown to the back and outside the court.

#196 eaglehelang, Jan 30, 2008
  17. victory

victory Regular Member

I will raise 2 hands to second that Lin Dan should openly apologize to world badminton fans, Li Mao and the korean coach.

18. block306

block306 Regular Member

Interesting point.

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I saw the video...sigh!! bad news for LD!!......

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Dude...I think u should watch the new video on youtube. That video clearly shows the racket being flung intentionally by an angry Lin Dan :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.